GB HOMEPAGE

Rhymes.

Posted By: curly

Rhymes. - 02/27/17 09:06 AM

Fill in each blank with two rhyming words (and sometimes another word like "a" or "he") about things we wear to keep our hands warm. Word lengths and other hints are given.

-1.Walking through the fields, I spied one of a pair in a soft shade of grey, like the wings and breast of a cooing bird. What bird-colored item of clothing did I find? (Three Words: 1, 4, and 5 letters, beginning with A, D, and G)

-2.It was cold, so I slipped my shivering fingers into a handwarmer made of pale, yellow-brown faux fur. What sandy-colored clothing accessory was I wearing? (Three Words: 1, 4, and 4 letters, beginning with A, B, and M)

-3.Not content with wearing cowhide jackets and gloves that look brand new, some people find ways to make these items look older, placing them in water and wearing them wet for a custom fit, even sandpapering and gouging for a worn look. What are these people trying to do? (Two Words: 7 and 7 letters, beginning with W and L)

-4.The dog gnawed a hole right through the thumb of one knitted item I need to put on my hand! What do I have now? (Three Words: 1, 6, and 6 letters, beginning with A, B, and M)

5.I think the dog got to my granddaughter's softball glove, or maybe she forgot to properly season it, because it has a big tear all the way down the middle. What could we call this damaged glove she used as a catcher for her team? (Three Words: 1, 5, and 4 letters, beginning with A, S, and M)

-6.Medical workers often use disposable gloves made of a special kind of rubber material. If they piled them all in one stack, like a mountain, what might we rhymingly call the very tip top of the pile? (Three Words: 1, 5, and 4 letters, beginning with A, L, and A)

-7.If at an animal rights demonstration we are urging a legal ban on the use of the soft skin of young goats in making gloves, what rhyming admonition might we write on our sign? (Two Word command: 6 and 3 letters, beginning with F and K)

-8.A dealer at a textile market offered cloth made using an ancient process that condenses, mats, and presses down the fibers of wool. How could you say in rhyme that he sold and distributed this woolen fabric sometimes used for gloves? (Three words: 2, 5, and 4 letters, beginning with H, D, and F)

-9.In medieval Europe, one knight might insult and challenge another by tearing off his long-cuffed glove and throwing it on the ground. If a knight made this challenge on a clear night when the moon was full, what near rhyme describes his glove as it would appear in the reflected light? (Three Words: 1, 7, and 8 letters, beginning with A, M, and G (or A, H, and G))

-10.Michael Jackson famously performed while wearing a single glove, studded with crystals that sparkled in the spotlight. If a collector begs, whines, connives, and shamelessly manipulates to acquire some of the shiny decorations from Michael's glove, what could we say - in rhyme - that he does? (Three words: 2, 7, and 8 letters, beginning with H, W, and S.)

eek
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Rhymes. - 02/27/17 10:19 AM

4. A Bitten mitten?
Hi curly wave wave
Posted By: curly

Re: Rhymes. - 02/27/17 12:38 PM

Hi Gerry, have a super day.
Posted By: Redz

Re: Rhymes. - 02/27/17 01:08 PM

10. he wangles spangles flowers
Posted By: manxman