GB HOMEPAGE

Where's Cheryl?

Posted By: Sherlock

Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 05:16 AM

Dear Boomer friends,

I was encouraged by Sue (Pandora) to post here to update my Boomer friends on my current situation. My older sister has lost her short and courageous battle with cancer and I expect a phone call at any time now letting me know she is in a better place. I have 9 siblings and she is the first to leave this world. Needless to say, it's taking it's emotional toll. If I don't respond, within a reasonable amount of time, to any posts, especially in the cryptic thread, please know it's because I have a lot on my plate right now. Please keep the thread rolling in my absence.

Next Wednesday, I'll also be, reluctantly, undergoing treatment for a brain tumor that was incidentally found a couple of years ago. If it gets any closer to my optic nerves, it may cause blindness and then how could I hope to answer crypts? I honestly only expect to be derailed for a couple of days but if it goes longer, you'll understand my absence. I love to visit the Garden as a stress relief and it's served me well over the years. I also have very low impulse control when it comes to certain puzzles. Sorry in advance if I neglect my role. I appreciate your support while I get my life in order. Please keep my sister and her family in your thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 05:19 AM

I am so deeply sorry to hear all of this. I send my love and prayers to you, your sister, and to all of the family. You will all be in my thoughts. Thank you for letting us know. hearts
Posted By: manxman

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 06:55 AM

Cheryl, thoughts and prayers for your sister and family. Hope you feel better soon and everything goes well for you. We need your cryptic solutions and your cryptic puzzles. Best wishes hearts
Posted By: curly

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 07:20 AM

Cheryl, sorry about all these problems. Good luck with your own medical treatments. Hurry back. flowers
Posted By: CCbomber

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 07:27 AM

Get well, Cheryl. I'll pray for you and your sister. flowers
Posted By: Lex

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 08:36 AM

Cheryl, thinking of you and sending you best wishes for the vagaries of life now landing in your lap: the death of your sister will obviously have been a heavy blow, but the prospect of treatment for the tumour must be terrifying. Just remember that life is all too often not much more than a bad joke, and any small transitory improvement on that is to be prized!
As they say in the islands - life's a beach, and then you dive...catrub
Posted By: Urban Worrier

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 10:15 AM

Cheryl, so sorry to hear about your sister and your own problems. Our prayers are with you, and we'll be thinking of you next Wednesday hearts
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 10:31 AM

Cheryl so sorry to hear about your sister. Sending healing prayers and comforting thoughts for you and your family. My prayers will be with you Wednesday too. Take Care.
Posted By: Redz

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 12:19 PM

Cheryl,
I think you know how I feel about you. hearts We have talked
on the phone in the past and you were there for me when my son
died. I have and will continue to pray for you since I learned
of your tumor so many months ago. Your sister and family will
be included every day. Wednesday is my day to go to Mass and
I will offer it up for you. kissy
To me, you are the smartest Boomer here. I marvel at your
intelligence. praise
My love, my thoughts and my prayers are with you. I will
storm heaven for you.

With Love, Joan angel
Posted By: GBC

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 12:54 PM

Cheryl, Hugs and prayers out to you and your family. hearts

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 01:48 PM

Oh my! I stopped in to make sure the belt was passed, if need be, and I'm overwhelmed by your support and kind words. My sister passed a few hours ago and I will miss her deeply. Thank you all for thinking of me at this time. I'll keep you posted on rest. angel
Posted By: Pandora

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 01:52 PM

You are a treasured presence here, Cheryl. Let's hope your procedure goes perfectly and you're back with us very quickly, safe and sound. My condolences to you and your family for your sister. kissy
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 02:08 PM

Cheryl, my sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your sister.
Wishing you courage and healing power to face the days ahead. flowers
Posted By: CanukDenis

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 02:17 PM

I'm pretty well speechless...
Cheryl, you are also my favorite Boomer;
there is something special in the way you
"type answers and stuff": we feel your kindness.
Hurry back.
We need you to solve the last Common Phrase smile
Posted By: soot

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 04:11 PM

Cheryl, I'm so saddened by the news...
Please know that I'll keep you, sister and family in my daily thoughts and prayers
I so very much hope to see you back soon
hearts

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/26/17 09:53 PM

My sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your sister. I will be thinking of you on Wednesday and sending positive thoughts your way. hearts
Posted By: Cue

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/28/17 12:45 PM

Hi Cheryl. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. hearts

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/30/17 10:59 PM

Continued thoughts and prayers for you, Cheryl. hearts
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/30/17 11:12 PM

God bless you and all your family Cheryl. I know and totally understand what you are going through. x

Bernie

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/31/17 05:34 AM

Thank you all for your continued support. I had the gamma knife surgery today and am proud to say I have even more holes in my head than previously. Fighting off a pretty nasty headache at the time but, otherwise, the procedure went as planned. Gamma knife surgery involves no surgery and no knife. Who thinks up these things anyway? 4 screws are placed in the skull and an apparatus attached so that 201 beams of radiation can all be directed at what I loving call the walnut between my eyes. In the next days and weeks, I'm hoping to find that the tumor is shrinking or, at the very least, not growing any more. Barring any adverse side effects, I should be quickly on the mend and back to spending time on my favorite site. My sister's service was postponed until next week, given the timeline put before me. I miss spending time with you Boomers! Take care! kissy
Posted By: curly

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/31/17 07:32 AM

Good news Cheryl. Take care. flowers
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/31/17 08:42 AM

You are doing great Cheryl. Onwards and upwards wave

Bernie monky
Posted By: Urban Worrier

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/31/17 10:05 AM

Glad it all went well, Cheryl - fingers, toes and everything else crossed... wave

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/31/17 10:05 AM

Cheryl my comforting thoughts, prayers, and hope for a full recovery are on the way.
Take Care. catrub
Posted By: Redz

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/31/17 11:23 AM

Cheryl, so happy everything went well. You were on my mind all day yesterday. Continuing to pray for you and your family. Love you, Joan angel flowers
Posted By: GBC

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/31/17 12:20 PM

Cheryl, hearts
Posted By: Cue

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/31/17 12:33 PM

That's great news, Cheryl! We miss you. hearts

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 08/31/17 01:36 PM

Wishing you every good thing, Cheryl. hearts

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 09/02/17 06:17 AM

I'm so grateful to all of you that offered support while I go through the reality that is my life right now. I'm happy to be on the other side of the gamma knife. The top of my head is still quite numb so, I guess I truly am a numbskull! With that behind me, I now can fully focus on being present while dealing with the loss of my sister. Such a sad affair, this business of death. Thank you all for being there! hearts

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 09/02/17 09:57 AM

We are here for you always Cheryl. Take care. catrub

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 09/02/17 01:31 PM

Gilda Radner said it best: it's always something. Sincere condolences to you and your family, Cheryl. hearts
Posted By: soot

Re: Where's Cheryl? - 09/03/17 06:43 PM

Wow Cheryl...medical technology is something else; keeping you and your family in my prayers angel
© 2024 GameBoomers Community