Posted By: +Oblivion+

Overlord - 08/29/07 09:29 PM

Overlord
A review by +Oblivion+
Fantasy-Action-Adventure RPG
Rated-T
For= XBOX 360>PC<
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is my latest review on a game called Overlord, where you get to control minions, pillage cities, and just be evil!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Overall Score:8.1

A Refreshing spin on the average RPG consisting of minions, evil, and a great quest to regain this newly-awakened overlord back to his throne, what more could you ask for?

Have you ever wanted to command a minion army worthy of a powerful overlord? If so, would you be ready to be that overlord? Well in Overlord for the PC, the challenge is yours for the taking. Your journey begins as you are strangely awakened in a coffin by your fellow minions. The Good News: You soon figure out that you are the new Overlord. The Bad News: Your tower has been looted and ruined by the seven heros of the land. Your, shall we say…guide of the adventure, Gnarl, instructs you to rebuild your tower and defeat the seven heros to reclaim your evil domain. Sounds really hard, huh? It does seem like a daunting adventure and it is challenging at some points, but mostly it’s an easy slide all the way through. But what makes the game easier is it’s clever shall I call… Minion Management System or MMS(hehe). By the sudden roll of your scroll wheel you can switch control over the four different kinds of minions. These include Blue, Red, Green, and….. Brown (got you there, didn’t I!). To command the minions all you have to to is click at an object/enemy and they're off to do your evil commands. The minions all have their own certain strengths and weaknesses, too. For instance, the Greens are the cool assassin like creatures that just love to jump on the enemy’s back and stab away. But they are pretty weak with taking damage, so you’ve got to plan carefully - that going for all your minions! And as you’ ve heard, your minions are pretty awesome! I never get sick of the smiles on their faces after they retrieve some well earned stolen loot for me. Now you may be wondering how evil this game can get. Well, if you are, there is no need to worry. Personally, I dont like to play games that contain a lot of innapropriate content, and this game didn't contain much. But besides that, it is true. Even when pillaging towns and cities, I didn’t feel evil. I mean nonetheless, it was fun but I didn’t feel like I was all powerful. Although, beware, there are some pretty evil choices you can make throughout the game as it plays out.
Click to reveal..
On another note, a strange twist is brought in when you soon find out that the seven heros have been corrupted and are now evil, too. So it sort of feels like you are helping the peasants defeat the other seven evil heroes(if that makes sense?).
It kinda makes the peasants feel like a side priority of the game. I just didn’t get the magic feeling that I was the one who made them tremble and cower. But I still have to admit the process of defeating the seven heros was very pleasing and the way the story unfolded made you interested in what was actually going on. The graphics were great and so were the sounds, except of course for that girl Jewel’s voice overs (not so good).

I end this review by asking you to compare this game to a juicy, delicious steak, not only because I’m hungry but because I can’t think of any other witty comment to make about this game other than it is well-done all the way through.
thumbsup
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Overlord - 08/29/07 10:04 PM

Thanks Oblivion for this review.

Sometimes it's just plain fun to be evil wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community