GB HOMEPAGE

The Dig (YouTube)

Posted By: Adventurer4Life

The Dig (YouTube) - 07/23/09 04:50 AM

The Dig

Hi Y'all.

Well, after the encouragement I got form you guys and some of my real-life mates I decided to do another video review. This time I chose THE DIG by Lucusarts. This time I did all the audio first instead of doing it in sections of video and audio, so I was able to get a lot more of the information I wanted in. I think it works a lot better. Still learning but .. I do think it is an improvement.

Currently installed games and on my play list - Beneath a Steel Sky, Curse of Monkey Island Special Edition, Gabriel Knight 2 and Under a Killing Moon.

Anyway... hope you like it.

YouTube = The Dig (Review)
YouTube Direct Link MP4 (32meg) - download
YouTube Direct Link HD MP4 (152meg) - download

Have fun and happy adventuring!!!
Posted By: dudemako

Re: The Dig (YouTube) - 07/23/09 06:18 AM

Nice review! Brought back some old memories watching that footage. You're right, that was a very underrated game. Keep up the video reviews, they are very good!
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Dig (YouTube) - 07/23/09 02:50 PM

Wow! Very professionally done! thumbsup
Posted By: Kootsie

Re: The Dig (YouTube) - 07/23/09 03:10 PM

Nice review ~ commentary done very well! bravo

Aaaaaand you mentioned two of my fav. characters..Gabriel Knight...I wish there were more of them. I played all three; and Tex Murphy...played all of those too!

Re: The Dig (YouTube) - 07/23/09 06:27 PM

Thanks again for your comments.. I really like seeing comments smile

Anyway I think for my next one I might do a modern game for a change of pace... not sure what yet though
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Dig (YouTube) - 07/24/09 04:25 AM

Another very nicely presented review of another of my all time favourite adventures, and yet another that I regularly re-play - thank you thumbsup

I have to say though that I didn't feel the game to be as flawed as you obviously did. Perhaps because of my not knowing so much about the history of its making ?? woozy

In actual fact I loved every minute of The Dig - except for the puzzle which involved the re-building of a certain "skeletal" something ....

That one DID definitely get to me !! lol lol lol

Posted By: aNewHobby

Re: The Dig (YouTube) - 07/24/09 10:56 AM

Awesome!
Posted By: SharonB

Re: The Dig (YouTube) - 07/25/09 10:45 AM

Really enjoyed your review. It has made me want to play this game, even though I am totally unfamiliar with Steam. Thanks! yes

Re: The Dig (YouTube) - 08/25/09 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: SharonB
It has made me want to play this game, even though I am totally unfamiliar with Steam. Thanks! yes

I have heard the steam version has some bugs that can in fact break the game. If I were you I would track down and original version from ebay and then use the freeware SCUMVM to play it.

http://www.scummvm.org
Posted By: DoreenS

Re: The Dig (YouTube) - 08/26/09 08:21 PM

I played the game a long time ago and loved it. Really great review, enjoyed watching it an listening. happydance
Posted By: HeavenlyJoy

Re: The Dig (YouTube) - 09/06/09 05:18 PM

wow GREAT review, really enjoyed it, and happy to say,
I am trying to buy this one on the trade forum, I have
never played it, I am really looking forward to it,
I love those types of puzzles too.....
thanks for the explanation of how important to go through
the dialogs is, I tend to really take my time on games anyway,
to get the story fleshed out, this one sounds GREAT!!
I look forward to more of your revews..

Marcia

Re: The Dig (YouTube) - 10/08/09 03:05 PM

Adventurer4Life, I just bought the re-release UK version of The Dig which is compatable with XP. This is not the version on Steam is it which you say has some game-breaking bugs? Hope I didn't make a mistake. frown

Edit: I got my game and though it doesn't say it works on XP, I found that it does with no tweaking. It does not apparently install, it runs off the disk with no problems yet. smile

Re: The Dig (YouTube) - 11/10/09 09:26 PM

Even if it can "install" in windows. I would personally run it though scumVM anyway.

Re: The Dig (YouTube) - 11/11/09 12:39 PM

Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community