GB HOMEPAGE

ND Warnings at Waverly Academy

Posted By: meryl

ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 11/12/09 08:57 AM

;)Did anyone enjoy this as much as I did?
I thought this was Ace and it felt right back on form after many inferior ND games in recent years.
Like Deception Island, Haunted Mansion, Royal Tower and Blackmoor Manor it had a real story set in the past which intriged me. The puzzles were quite tricky but relevant to the detecting and unfolding of the mystery. The game wasn't as linear as some of the others have been, which is an enhancement in my opinion.
The characters were well drawn and for once there were enough of them to make the detecting interesting. (I did guess the culprit though!)
It was great to have the ND music, the little tasks to perform in order to get more clues and all the familiar motifs which make a Nancy Drew what it is, without those pesky timed sequences which have crept into recent games.
I thought the voice acting was terrific too; I really felt I got to know those characters and will remember them.
I'd have liked it to be a bit more scary though.....
But anyone who buys this game is in for a treat.
Posted By: Becky

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 11/12/09 02:49 PM

Thanks meryl. I haven't played this one yet, but it's great that it's gone back to the Nancy Drew roots!
Posted By: chrissie

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 11/12/09 07:13 PM

Thank you meryl for your impression! thumbsup I haven't had my Nancy Drew fix this year yet & will get around to both games but I'm so looking forward to this one! It's good to read that it's gone back to a more 'comfortable' ND game? smile
Posted By: blsbet44

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 11/15/09 10:51 AM

I agree but I could've done with one or two less puzzles and more exploring of the school grounds for the... well I'll never tell
mwahahahaha smile
Posted By: tamberine

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 11/29/09 02:15 AM

im playing it too its....idk very creepy but fun
Posted By: LocaGamer4ever

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 11/29/09 07:55 PM

i cant wait to play this game! from all the reviews ive read it looks really good!
i <3 nancy drew smile
Posted By: Mary4545

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 12/18/09 06:10 PM

I can't wait to play the game either. It sounds too cool.
Posted By: Kate Anne

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 01/07/10 11:41 PM

I bought the game from HeR Interactive when it was on sale. Haven't got to play much of it but what I did I liked. Please tell me that one of the games is not fox and geese. Played that game for 3 weeks and finally came to GameBoomers to get a save.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 01/08/10 12:05 AM

Kate, I haven't played it, but I haven't read any pleas for help with Fox and Geese this time around, so I'd say you are safe there puppy
Posted By: meryl

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 01/09/10 07:49 AM

There's no Fox and Geese, Kate Anne.
Hope you continue to enjoy it.
Meryl
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 01/10/10 05:51 PM

Do Nancy Drew games ever reuse mini-games in subsequent games? I can't remember them doing that. I don't think you'll see Fox and Geese again even if you wanted to.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 01/10/10 07:22 PM

Off the top of my head I can remember the checkerboard puzzle (moving 4 discs to their correct places on the board) appearing in both Treasure in the Royal Tower and Secret of the Old Clock.

I really hope Fox & Geese doesn't appear again, that was a horribly difficult puzzle. Pretty high up on the "All-Time Save Request" list over at Hints. lol
Posted By: HeavenlyJoy

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 02/05/10 09:42 AM

I also enjoyed this one more than some of the previous ones, I liked the last one also better than some before.. that, these last two for me, got me more interested in getting ND again, although, I will never not play one, I grab them as soooon as they come out, but have liked the last two alot!!
Marcia
Posted By: tamberine

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 03/07/11 01:03 AM

I like the 12th one when it is set back in the 30"s i like vintage this and it also intrigued me
Posted By: Dreamer1990

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 03/14/11 02:26 AM

Waverly Academy was really cool. I liked that you could talk to the people a lot more and the girls really reminded me of the girls at college(unfortunately).

I was considering the 12th one...I'm just going to buy almost all of them on bigfishgames.com b/c I have that 6.99 free 1 month membership thingymajiggy.

So far I've played Shadow at the Water's Edge, Warnings at Waverly Academy, working on Curse of Blackmoor Manor and had to order Secret of Shadow Ranch on amazon due to bigfish not having it. I'm becoming an addict laugh
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: ND Warnings at Waverly Academy - 03/15/11 08:41 PM

Dreamer, it's a fun addiction to have wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community