GB HOMEPAGE

Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review

Posted By: sassydetective

Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review - 03/18/11 04:42 PM

Plot: B
i liked the plot better then STFD but i don`t know it lost the touch about in hour into the game but i still like it

Characters: C
i didn`t like the characters that much, they were weird they acted like they had no personlaties.
THIS is the first game where you stay in one location, which is ok beacuse you don`t have to search hunderd places but you also have less locations to search.

Puzzles: B
The puzzles in this game were cool they fit the story the background story and they wern`t Annyoning like in STFD.

Ending: D
i did`nt like the ending part from STFD the ending was too short.

Music; B i loved the music even through it gave me the creeps.

BACKGROUND A / GRAPHICS C ; the Backgrounds were amazing like in STFD, but the gaphics were ok, the characters look as if they got worse. Phone; A i loved talking to Bess and George they were amazing. Scare factor; A this game was creepy as you can tell by the title but the game scare me and what i like about this game is the scare factor made the the game more enjoyouble. Overall; i give this game a B thanks for reading PEACE OUT
Posted By: Mad

Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review - 03/19/11 02:08 AM

I came fairly late to Nancy Drew games - having always thought they were only for children - but this was my first one.
And playing it made me want to find and play the others thumbsup

However, as sleuthing gradually got overtaken by chores (in the later releases) my enthusiasm for the games definitely waned rolleyes
Posted By: blsbet44

Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review - 03/19/11 11:04 AM

I think that this was ND's spookiest game. All that creepy whispering and those jumpy shadows

. Some of the voice acting left a bit to be desired but I LOVED the overall play and the lack of chores laugh

Thanks sassy
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review - 03/21/11 03:33 PM

Thanks Sassy, I loved this one. That is why we love member reviews....all sides are heard from.
Posted By: Dreamer1990

Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review - 03/26/11 09:09 PM

Interesting review, thanks. Haven't played this one.
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review - 04/02/11 03:50 PM

This was my first Nancy Drew game. So I am kind of sentimental about it. My granddaughter and I played it together and we were immediately hooked. I have the entire ND series but the last few games have been very disappointing. They are getting too difficult and are a chore to play. Message in a Haunted Mansion was very playable and the graphics were very nice.This one and the ones immediately following were very enjoyable.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review - 04/04/11 04:56 PM

Penny, this is one of my favorites. wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Nancy Drew; Message in a Haunted Mansion Review - 04/04/11 11:45 PM

Hi Sassy, It was a while ago but I loved this game. I have the entire collection and this was one of my favorites. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community