GB HOMEPAGE

Isis

Posted By: Anonymous

Isis - 06/19/01 02:07 AM

Isis is a charming little point-and-click adventure from 1995, that you can play in a day! It took me about 3 and a half hours, but I'm sure some people will get through it faster, and others will take more time. I found it to be not too easy, and not too hard -- it's just right! You'll probably save half an hour of game time if you read about how to handle the simple but unusual inventory control before you start (as I did not).
All movement is done with the mouse, and is no problem at all. But do remember to look EVERYWHERE!
My Isis disk is a Win95/Mac hybrid, which played perfectly on my computer with Win ME.
As you can tell from the title, Isis has something to do with ancient Egypt. This game is so much fun that I didn't think the background story was too important, but it goes something like this: an ancient ship that was supposed to bring harmony to the universe somehow gets marooned indoors for centuries, with only the beautiful Isis to watch over it. Your task is to power it up again and sail it away before it's destroyed by a volcano that's getting ready to erupt.
Isis reminds me a lot of several other great Egyptian adventures like:
Timelapse - the lovely young lady in her golden Isis costume, who keeps popping up to encourage and guide you, is reminiscent of the costumed apparitions in Timelapse, except she's a full-length figure, as opposed to the head-shots in Timelapse.
Riddle of the Sphinx - You'll swear you've seen these ramps and stairways before, and that gear on the upper landing sure looks familiar.
Secrets of the Luxor - similar settings once again, PLUS, if you remembered to take your toothbrush along in Secrets of the Luxor, you saw a slick, modern promo for the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas, right there in the "Ancient Egyptian" environment. In Isis, you'll see interviews with members of the music group Earth, Wind and Fire, plus you'll be treated to a a nifty concert by them at the end of the game.
If you've played Lighthouse, the ship's control room will give you a feeling of deja-vu, as well. And, if you have young children or grandchildren, the tools you find will remind you an awful lot of the ones in the Thomas the Tank Engine games.
To sum it up -- If you'd like a few hours of pure point-and-click adventure fun, you can't go wrong with Isis.
Posted By: Moonlioness4358

Re: Isis - 07/10/01 01:54 PM

thanks Mom , I have been wantiing Isis, now I know something about it, I will look for it and timelaps. thanks
Moon

------------------
Moon
© 2024 GameBoomers Community