GB HOMEPAGE

Darkened Skye

Posted By: philby

Darkened Skye - 02/20/02 02:34 AM

I am really surprised no one has written a review on this wonderful game. I am not much of a writer but here goes.
You have control of a young girl called Skye. Her only weapon is a staff. She has a sidekick called Draak. He is sort of a "Translator", does not aid you in battle. He usually pops up with humorous comments about different things. As you first start out all you have is a bash technique. The right mouse button is what you use for the bash attack. Press the A & D key at the same time and you get a more powerful attack. The left mouse button is for your powered up attack. At the beginning you will be given 2 Colored "Skittles" which will give you "True Sight". Later in the game as you pick up more "Skittles" you can power up your staff with more power. Such as "Prismatic Pulse", "Pyro Pulse", "Polar Pulse", etc. There are 5 levels to the game but each level is immense. The graphics are superb. You are able to pick up vials of health and there are health flowers around for small bits of health replenishment. I have found that the enemies get tougher during the last 2 levels. Or it could be that they come in groups of 2 or more in the later levels. I think it would have been better if you could set your health and mana to "hot keys". All in all I am having a great time with game and I will be playing it again just for the pleasure of it. Of 1 to 10 I would give this game 9 only because I have not played a 10 yet.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Darkened Skye - 02/20/02 02:42 AM

Thank you for the review. I ordered the game yesterday. smile
Posted By: oldman

Re: Darkened Skye - 02/26/02 06:25 PM

Hi all,

I am in the middle of this game and am also enjoying in immensely. The graphics and style remind me of the early Sierra and Lucas Arts games unfortunately with combat thrown in. I used a trainer to give Skye unlimited health because I am combat impaired and can therefore enjoy the adventure aspects of the game. Doing this it becomes less action and more adventure.

Skye's mission, as I understand it, is to gather up five ancient prisms that were lost from an amulet. In order to do this she must travel through the various lands searching. Once she finds the prisms she can then put them together and destroy the bad guy who has stolen all the magic in the land.

So far it's been only inventory based puzzles (i.e. find item and use it).

Anyway the graphics are really great, the dialogue is clever with a lot of tongue in cheek and the only draw back for adventure players is the combat which I overcame with the trainer.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community