GB HOMEPAGE

A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie - 09/17/17 01:37 AM

I just finished the game and here is my very short review:

Interesting concept (despite knowing Hitler was not assassinated), poorly executed.

The English language version the characters don't even attempt a German accent. Most don't' even attempt acting. They're just reading their lines.

They game consists mostly in running around talking to people. You do have to win a game of cards. And one annoying dodge the spot light sequence. I never like these puzzles because the characters always stop moving when the light is a few pixels away when if they kept moving they wouldn't have gotten caught. And you have to do it twice. When you fail the sequence starts over so no having to reload a saved game. Except its easier to reload a saved game from the mid point than do it all over again.

I only finished because I don't like quoiting and I wanted to see how a game to assassinate Hitler, which didn't happened would end.

The game end with "To Be Continued" which apparently it does in A Stroke of Fate: Operation Bunker.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie - 09/17/17 04:54 AM

Thanks for your review, Guybrush!

Ana wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie - 09/17/17 06:53 AM

Thanks Guybrush. Will you be playing A Stroke of Fate: Operation Bunker?
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie - 09/17/17 02:23 PM

Don't think so. From what I read on Steam seems its in Russian.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie - 09/17/17 05:27 PM

Oh yeah. It shows audio in Russian and subtitles in English. I don't believe I noticed that before. I have both games but they are not very high up on my list to play. Way too many others that sound better. But maybe someday...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community