GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Flying Mollusk Launches Biofeedback Horror Game Nevermind for Windows and Mac #1034186
09/29/15 06:00 PM
09/29/15 06:00 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Unique game reacts in real-time to player's feelings of stress and anxiety

Check out flotsam's First Look here.

View the video here.

Buy on Steam or Humble store.

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, CA – September 29, 2015 – How well do you control your emotions when you’re scared or under stress? Flying Mollusk, a game studio that uses emerging technology to create entertaining and impactful games, wants to help gamers find out with the launch today of its biofeedback horror game, Nevermind. Now available for Windows 8.1 and Mac, Nevermind uses off-the-shelf biofeedback sensors or Intel® RealSense™ Technology to create a uniquely haunting experience that also helps players learn to manage feelings of anxiety and stress. In celebration of its launch, Nevermind will be available for the discounted price of $17.99 until October 6th.

A 2015 IndieCade Award finalist, Nevermind takes players through an intense psychological adventure in which they play the role of a specialized physician who uses cutting-edge technology to venture into the minds of clients who are devastated by psychological trauma. Players must solve twisted puzzles, explore darkly surreal landscapes, and seek out clues to the deepest mysteries of the mind. The trick is, the player must remain calm while venturing through the darkest and most fearsome corners of their client’s psyche, otherwise the world becomes an even more warped and punishing place.

“This is the first horror game that uses biofeedback sensors to actually affect gameplay,” said Erin Reynolds, CEO and creative director of Flying Mollusk. “We wanted to make a game that was not only fun and exciting, but had a real impact on people’s lives by helping them learn to manage their feelings of anxiety. The feedback we’ve received from the Steam Early Access program has been exceedingly positive, and we couldn’t be more excited to now make the full version available.”

Nevermind uses Intel® RealSense™ Technology to measure a player’s pulse without them having to wear any sensors or additional equipment. Alternatively, players can use a variety of off-the-shelf biofeedback sensors such as the Wild Divine IomPE, Mio LINK, Garmin Heart Rate Chest Strap, and others to measure the player’s heart rate. Nevermind can also be enjoyed without any sensors. Flying Mollusk plans to continue to expand the list of supported sensors post-launch.

Nevermind started as a thesis project at the Interactive Media & Games Division of the School of Cinematic Arts at the University of Southern California. It has been in full development since its successful Kickstarter campaign in October 2014. A beta version has been available on Steam Early Access since March 2015. Flying Mollusk is already planning to build even more content and to make the game available for new platforms including Oculus Rift and Xbox One.

Availability:
For a limited time, Nevermind can be downloaded for $17.99 from http://store.steampowered.com/app/34226.

To view a video trailer of the game or get other information, visit the official site at http://www.nevermindgame.com.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Flying Mollusk Launches Biofeedback Horror Game Nevermind for Windows and Mac [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1034187
09/29/15 06:04 PM
09/29/15 06:04 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks for the announcement, Ana. wave

Re: Flying Mollusk Launches Biofeedback Horror Game Nevermind for Windows and Mac [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1034194
09/29/15 07:37 PM
09/29/15 07:37 PM
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer
GreyFuss  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I was interested in this game however I think the Minimum System Requirements are more than I have. It also looks like the BioFeedback things are purchased separately right? I wonder if the game is playable on Win 7 without all the BioFeedback stuff.

Quote:
System Requirements
Windows

Minimum:
Processor: i5 5000 series @1.6 Ghz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 5 GB available space
Additional Notes: Familiarity with WASD controls is encouraged. Nevermind is playable on Windows 7, though it is not fully supported (e.g., ANT+ and Bluetooth sensor devices will not work on Win7). RealSense™ functions are operational on min spec machines, however RealSense™ heart rate detection may not work on some low/min spec machines. For best results with RealSense™ heart rate detection, play Nevermind on machines with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 800 series graphics cards or better and processors with speeds of 2.50 Ghz or better.

"Don't Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful...There Are Many Other Reasons!"
Re: Flying Mollusk Launches Biofeedback Horror Game Nevermind for Windows and Mac [Re: GreyFuss] #1034196
09/29/15 07:48 PM
09/29/15 07:48 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Thanks Ana and Greyfuss.

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Flying Mollusk Launches Biofeedback Horror Game Nevermind for Windows and Mac [Re: Space Quest Fan] #1034218
09/30/15 12:22 AM
09/30/15 12:22 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thanks from me, too smile

I love the graphics but, all told, it sounds a rather complicated affair eek

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Flying Mollusk Launches Biofeedback Horror Game Nevermind for Windows and Mac [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1034247
09/30/15 05:22 AM
09/30/15 05:22 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Eerie! Thanks Ana. smile

Gerry
Re: Flying Mollusk Launches Biofeedback Horror Game Nevermind for Windows and Mac [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1034273
09/30/15 09:25 AM
09/30/15 09:25 AM
New York
Leeana Offline
Addicted Boomer
Leeana  Offline
Addicted Boomer

New York
If I could Vote for the BEST Site to help me with my games it would be GameBoomers .....Thank You for letting us be aware of this and other games ....Sounds like an awesome game Nevermind..... Wish I had windows 8 though ... frown Thanks again ... f you can is there a mazy-game like this that I "Can" play on Windows 7 all in one .....or should I purchase a new updated Computer Thanks again (((AWARD)))

'Worry looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up.'
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 392 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users