GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#1104058 - 03/16/17 02:09 AM Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
TJL Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Finland
I hear heavy opinions here!

By my opinion the newest SH game was not so different than previous ones and the amount of action has been too underlined in comments. Danger and action are part of SH world in books. So why should they be forgotten in games? Well, at least I liked it.

It is unfortunate that there are players who can't handle the QTE sequences, at least not with adjustment options provided. But giving more options from watching a cutscene up to full action could change the thing?

Because of ever increasing multi-platform releases the gamepad controls are here to stay as the only common way covering all platforms. And that's where they put their effort. It's better to try to adapt than strictly hold on to the past if you want to play multi-platform games in the future. One good way to ruin your experience is to use 'wrong' equipment. This concerns all game genres, solid and hybrids.

What I wish is that be open to new ideas and technology in games and do not pre-judge anything so easily without trying yourself. And keep in mind that what once was is not necessarily true today, both games and equipment develop by time.

What it comes to TellTale games, I found those I'we played (Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us) quite easy on QTE. But the story adapting to your acts and decisions is what makes them special. You deeply immerse to the story and start to really care about the characters. Life Is Strange is a good comparison. In general I'm not a big fan of cartoonish games but especially The Walking Dead has a style that pleases my eyes one great thing being characters narural facial expressions.

I'll leave this subject to this posting.

Timo

#1104102 - 03/16/17 10:53 AM Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter Now Available [Re: TJL]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Originally Posted By: TJL

What I wish is that be open to new ideas and technology in games and do not pre-judge anything so easily without trying yourself. And keep in mind that what once was is not necessarily true today, both games and equipment develop by time.

For 50 dollars, I can buy 6 games like Leaves: The Journey and Tormentum that are absolutely brilliant and play exactly like I want them to. There is a lot I can do with that amount of money. I also did not pre-judge it, I just decided to pass on it.

#1104125 - 03/16/17 03:34 PM Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
As always, it boils down to a personel preference.
So some people will agree with you, TJL and some people won't.
And I am one of the latter.

Although rather sad at the prospect, I doubt I'll be buying any future Sherlock Holmes games from Frogware.
Not only have they now become extemely expensive and and inclusive of difficult "can't skip" action sequences - but they have also become tied to Steam !!
And Steam is another "No No" as far as I'm concerned rolleyes

#1104140 - 03/16/17 05:45 PM Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Starcom Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ottawa
I agree with all the comments against this game especially the price, requirements, action sequences and the fact that you can't play using just the Mouse.

I really liked Jenny100’s quote:
Quote:
People should vote with their wallets

And it's not so much the price itself, if too expensive, wait and the price will come down but it is Not only the price of the game one has to take into consideration, I have a 4 year old laptop which can still play almost every Adv. game out there and I am not ready to buy a New Laptop just for the sake of playing one game, and I know I am not the only one that would need to buy a New Laptop or *Upgrade their Desktop PCs to play this game.

*IF that is, the old desktop is capable of being upgraded and then one must ADD the cost of the upgrade with the game "Wow, expensive game right?" and if not capable of an upgrade to play the game then you are in the same boat as Laptop owners, Buy a New PC just to play a game, a Short one at that.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (BrownEyedTigre, 3dobermans, RebKean, Marian, family, teassoc, gymcandy1), 128 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Zorkmid57, StuDapples, SweetLulu, Lion_1251, phimestudio
8978 Registered Users