GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#1102528 - 03/03/17 03:37 PM Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Please, please, PLEASE post questions regarding getting games to run and other computer related questions in Glitches. It is a hassle to move them. We have an awesome team in Glitches that can answer your questions.

#1102844 - 03/06/17 12:28 PM Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

FYI, someone on Steam said the game uses Denuvo. Not verified although they say the proof is on the store page. I am not sure where on the store page to find that info.

Ana wave

#1102846 - 03/06/17 12:37 PM Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
FYI, someone on Steam said the game uses Denuvo. Not verified although they say the proof is on the store page. I am not sure where on the store page to find that info.

It's on http://store.steampowered.com/app/464340/
to the right of where the price is listed
in a greenish/brownish box.
Quote:
Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: Denuvo Anti-tamper

#1102848 - 03/06/17 12:57 PM Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Ahhhhh! I see it now, thanks Jenny! My guess is it will be on the retail version as well.

#1102870 - 03/06/17 05:27 PM Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
rmelone Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kingston, NY USA
I hate to sound ill informed (I haven't bought too many PC games lately) but exactly what or how does 'Denuvo' impact, if anything, the installation or running of the game?

Thanks,

Robert

-Dr. Seuss

#1102871 - 03/06/17 05:48 PM Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Robert, for me, it has no impact, but for those opposed to DRM, they may not want to install it. It has no bearing on the game other than protect it from you duplicating it and giving it to someone else.

#1102872 - 03/06/17 05:56 PM Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
rmelone Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kingston, NY USA
Thanks for the information. I guess a game with DRM can still be installed on more than one PC - is that right?

Robert

-Dr. Seuss

#1102873 - 03/06/17 06:36 PM Re: Microids unveils Syberia 3 Release Date and Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Gameboomers is not the place to ask about current types of DRM like Denuvo.
If you want to know why people complain about it, check YouTube videos like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nC2t_8cFRg

Or you can find other videos and discussions by Googling the phrase:

Denuvo complaints

You have to decide for yourself whether you think the complaints are valid or are something that would bother you. Read the different opinions and make up your own mind.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
5 registered (colpet, connie, CanukDenis, misslilo, ergggo), 123 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
lap, willjk57, judith15, Jofog, Kalligraphy
8938 Registered Users