The Low Road will be released on April 20th, 2017.
View the gameplay trailer here.
Check out the Official Website here.
See the game on Steam.
ABOUT THE LOW ROAD
Noomi Kovacs—an overeager graduate of the LeCarre Institute for Exceptional Spies (L.I.E.S)—has just landed her first job at Penderbrook Motors’ Division of Outside Intelligence. Confined to an office and underestimated by her gruff supervisor—a disgraced former government agent named Turn—Noomi will have to exploit her colleagues and surroundings to help further her dream of becoming a globetrotting secret agent. Once in the field, Noomi and Turn begin to realize that their company’s dogged pursuit of their rivals extend to something far more sinister than “healthy competition” and the two will be forced to reconsider the paths they’ve chosen. Lying, blackmail, and emotional manipulation will become Noomi and Turn’s greatest
assets as they make their way through…
The Low Road.
Set in the world of the 1970s automobile indus try, The Low Road"is a point-and-click graphic adventure game which follows a team of corporate spies dedicated to the protection (and appropriation) of game-changing industry secrets. Sporting a unique visual style inspired by gouache paintings and a pulsating experimental score, The Low Road will captivate players through intricate puzzles, branching moral dilemmas, and a quirky cast of memorable characters.
Game Developer Conference 2016 “Best In Play” – Winner
Playcrafting ’16 Bit Awards “Best Style” – Nominee
○ A unique digitally painted illustration style influenced by 1970s television
○ Players carry out top-secret missions from the perspective of two agents
○ A mergence of traditional storytelling with engaging game play narratively designed by award-winning playwright Leif Oleson-Cormack
○ A fully-voiced cast of spies and civilians joining you and thwarting you in the dark comedy of corporate espionage.
○ An original score of swirling psychedelia and dusty Americana by Eric Cheng, featuring songs performed by Win Well.
○ Nostalgic point-and-click style gameplay influenced by LucasArts and Sierra classics
○ Branching conversation puzzles which challenge the player’s deductive and intuitive abilities
○ Over 15+ first person puzzle sequences, as you work your way up the ranks of corporate espionage The Low Road is XGen Studios’ first point-and-click adventure game and has financial funding support from the Canada Media Fund 2014-201 5 Experimental Stream. The Low Road is currently in development for Windows & MacOS.