GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#921598 - 10/31/13 11:14 AM Re: Secret Files: Sam Peters Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
mj2c Offline
Settled Boomer

Only just started this but what struck me straight away is what a fantastically slick and quick game engine they use. Quick screen load times and fade in and fade outs, whilst still there are fast and smooth. A joy to play. Contrast this with a couple of other games I've played recently (Cognition, The Raven) which , whilst I enjoyed them they are somewhat spoilt by their engine.

The Raven, which I really enjoyed was marred by being a resource hog. I had to turn the resolution down to the minimum and even then it was awful, with p.a.i.n.f.u.l.l. screen load times, sloooow fade in/fade outs and sluggish performance in general.

Cognition, again I've enjoyed the episodes Ive played but the engine was a bit ropey. At times some really bad animation. I always put this down to the fact that it seemed to get it's production values from the casual genre rather than the traditional adventure.

#921601 - 10/31/13 11:17 AM Re: Secret Files: Sam Peters Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
I'll agree with you on The Raven, mj2c. It was as slow as molasses. Good to hear that Secret Files performs well.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
16 registered (robert gray, BrownEyedTigre, Marian, kjos, BobH, jimrh69, CanukDenis, 3dobermans, mbday630, 1 invisible), 64 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
scarend, JALind, maggieann, charlene, mikcik
8522 Registered Users