GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117724
10/31/03 01:54 PM
10/31/03 01:54 PM
MaG Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Susan writes:
Quote:
I just finished "The Black Mirror" and the ending was strange, to say the least. It would have been nice to see flashbacks of the murders because I don't understand the motives of the murderer (other than he was obviously insane <G>).

Now I'm gonna install "Darkfall" and play that until "Conspiracies" hits the shelves.

Thanks again for your help!

Susan

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117725
10/31/03 01:55 PM
MaG Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Susan,
SPOILER:
Remember the book found in the hands of Marcus about the history of the end fight between himself and Mordred. It states the curse given by Mordred.
Of your blood, others will rise with your name bearing my curse! One of your heirs will convert five souls of five mortals. This will be the catalyst to bring my anger back to life! And I will return! When your days have ended there will be no one to stop me.

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117726
MaG Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Susan writes:
Quote:
Hi, MaG!

Down we go for some spoiler talk ...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Even though Bates identified the killer as Samuel, I was still shocked at the ending when he took a header off of the balcony. I'd completely forgotten all about Marcus' book, so it does make sense. I guess it was Samuel who William saw at the very beginning of the game. But why would Samuel kill Henry, Vick, James, Robert and Dr. Hermann? And there wasn't a symbol where James was found ... just Samuel's name scrawled on the wall.

A game's gotta be good when it leaves the player with so many questions <VBG>.

Susan

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117727
10/31/03 01:57 PM
10/31/03 01:57 PM
MaG Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Susan,
SPOILER:
Samuel did not kill William. Robert did because he was disinherited.
Remember the stuff S found in R's safe.
Remember also what the stableman said - the problems started only when Samuel came. wave

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117728
10/31/03 02:11 PM
10/31/03 02:11 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, MaG!

SPOILER ...
>
>
>
>
>
I do remember Morris saying that the problems started only after Samuel came but, since we didn't see William's killer, I assumed that it was Samuel and he promptly left and then returned for the funeral. Since he'd been gone for 12 years, nobody would ever suspect him. Are you sure it was Robert who did the deed <G>?

I'm assuming that Samuel killed Dr. Hermann because he was worried he'd learn too much while performing the autopsies, and maybe Henry saw something he shouldn't have. I have no idea why he'd kill poor little Vick. I'm surprised he didn't kill Bates because he obviously saw his face.

Susan

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117730
10/31/03 02:29 PM
10/31/03 02:29 PM
MaG Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Susie,

Replay that part when Samuel opened the safe and read all that is in there. It might explain better than I can the progression and Sam's reaction to the will.

Derman, I'll see what I can do through e-mail. smile

Edit - on second thought - I'll let a better writer explain it to you! wink

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117731
10/31/03 03:13 PM
10/31/03 03:13 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, MaG!

Do you mean Robert's safe? I'm sure I must have a saved game just after that part, so I'll check it out. I was probably so busy concentrating on what I wanted to do next that I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the Will <sheepish grin>, and now I have lots of questions!

Throughout most of the game, I was convinced that Robert was the murderer. Of course, that theory was shot down when his body was found <G>!

Susan

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117732
10/31/03 05:13 PM
10/31/03 05:13 PM
MaG Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Granted I was thinking about why the sign appeared on the tower and also why the curse stated a singular - one of your heirs. Samuel wasn't there

BTW, James killed himself - I think. Now, I'm confused.

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117733
10/31/03 07:20 PM
10/31/03 07:20 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, MaG!

Sorry if you're also confused now. I tend to have that effect on people <VBG>!

I went back and reread William's will and Robert's journal. It does look as though Robert murdered William because he was disinherited. I also thought that Robert killed James, but who wrote "Samuel" on the wall of his cell? James was William's son, which would make him Robert's brother and Samuel's uncle.

Did Samuel also kill Henry and Vick, or was that Robert so he could use them for experiments? How about Dr. Hermann? Did Robert kill him because he knew too much?

It will be interesting to hear other people's points of view on this once they finish the game.

I'm curious. How did you react when Samuel removed the drawing from James' cell and looked through the hole in the wall. I jumped about a foot out of my chair and let out a blood-curdling scream. It was about 1 o'clock in the morning and my husband was out of town. My dog took off running <G>!

Susan

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117734
10/31/03 10:14 PM
10/31/03 10:14 PM
Hudson Valley, NY
DoreenS Offline
Graduate Boomer
DoreenS  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Hudson Valley, NY
Susan and MaG, I didn't really think too much about the ending. It was a disappointment to say the least. Now that you bring it up I am very confused. I assumed Samuel killed everyone but Robert.
I don't suppose there will be a Black MIrror 2? I wish there would be. Even though it wasn't too clear on who killed who, the game itself was the most engrossing I've played in ages. I needed a lot of help but got through it. I was also beautiful to look at.
Sorry to see it end. wave

Doreen
Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117735
11/01/03 12:16 AM
11/01/03 12:16 AM
Virginia
popcorneater Offline
Adept Boomer
popcorneater  Offline
Adept Boomer

Virginia
Oh
I found you,
Are these spoiler? If so please don' read on
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
William killed himself because he knew what was coming and the evil wanted to stop him. He already knew what Robert was up to.
Nope, I think everything Samuel dreamed was not a dream but reality; mixed up as a dream.
Robert-kill himself-no the evil forces had to elimate him as they did William. William was onto the truth, the end was pure evil for him
Samuel-yep I think he killed James-his name was the name written and he knew how to get there as his "evil" self.
Once he came to realize he was the one, he knew what he had to do to end the curse, he did that with the blood ritual and the keys.
Of course, since the evil overtook him in the guise of headaches, he was not conscious of his actions, but being the good hero he was he knew it had to end with him. Why Vic? needed an innocent. Why James-knew too much. Why Dr. again knew way too much.
Same with Henry wouldn't take long for him to put 2+2 together, he was on the right track as was our smart Morris.
Felt a little sorry for ole Vicky, but she was out of the loop anyway.
Does any of that make sense:
Ingie

playing DS2, Oblivion and WoW
Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117736
11/01/03 08:25 AM
11/01/03 08:25 AM
Florida
Teddo Offline
Settled Boomer
Teddo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Since Samuel was the end of the family line, I thought the ending was inevitable and most appropriate. My question is: James is found hanging. (a bloodless death) Yet Samuel's name appears to have been signed in blood. Did all that blood come out of that tiny one ounce bottle?
I thought we used it all at Vick's murder scene.
Teddo

none
Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117737
11/01/03 09:29 AM
11/01/03 09:29 AM
New Hampshire
SuMac Offline
Addicted Boomer
SuMac  Offline
Addicted Boomer

New Hampshire
I just started Chapter 2 yesterday, so I shouldn't even be reading this thread, but the devil made me do it! Now I will pay a lot more attention to clues as I go along, since there seems to be a lot of confusion about the ending. Apparently it's following Agatha Christie's shocker of many years ago, by having the protagonist turn out to be the murderer, a big "no-no" at that time among mystery writers.

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117738
11/01/03 09:40 AM
11/01/03 09:40 AM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Ahhhh "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd". I think it is one of the best mysteries EVER written.

Fun to re-read and see how seamlessly the ending all makes sense - but was so skillfully obscured from the reader.

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117739
11/01/03 12:57 PM
11/01/03 12:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just finished the game this morning. Wow what a game.I have a question, did Samuel kill his wife?That would bring the the total to five dealths, wife, Henry, Vic, Dr.Herman, Robert.I had a thought while I was playing that Samuel did it when he found out about the Black Hair.
It took me a week to play this game,got killed many times, I loved it when I got poked in the eye when I looked through the peek hole in the catecombs(SP) did that a few times..lol smile Great game.. smile smile

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117740
11/01/03 05:14 PM
11/01/03 05:14 PM
New Hampshire
SuMac Offline
Addicted Boomer
SuMac  Offline
Addicted Boomer

New Hampshire
I'm absolutely loving this game, and I'm only in Chapter 3. I don't want it to end, it's one of the best I've played in a long time. The graphics are fabulous - I loved the rain, thunder and lightning in Chapter 2, and the exploration just keeps going on and on........

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117741
11/01/03 09:52 PM
11/01/03 09:52 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, everyone!

If it wasn't for the fact that I am sitting here staring at "Darkfall: The Journal" (whose nose is out of joint because I bought it before "The Black Mirror" but played the latter first <G>) and "Conspiracies" was being released next week, I'd play "The Black Mirror" again just to reinforce the points that I've obviously forgotten.

Since Robert had William's will stashed away in his safe, he may have murdered William because he was disinherited. However, at the very beginning, the way the camera was panning up the outside of the castle wall, I thought the murderer was not human PLUS there was a sign found on the wall beside his body.

According to Robert's journal, James knew too much about his experiments, so Robert could have murdered him to keep his mouth shut, and perhaps HE wrote "Samuel" in blood to shift the blame to him. Also, there was no sign in James' cell.

Vick and Henry weren't really connected to Samuel, but Robert could have killed them to use them as experiments with Dr. Hermann. They both had signs beside where their bodies were found, so that would somehow connect them to William's murder.

Dr. Hermann could have been murdered by either Robert or Samuel because he knew too much. Again, a sign was found in the morgue.

Robert's body was found at the lighthouse and he sure didn't kill himself because, again, there was a sign found beside his body.

If the signs were painted by the same person, that would mean that Samuel killed William, Henry, Vick, Dr. Hermann and Robert and Robert killed James.

Thoughts?

Susan

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117742
11/02/03 02:32 AM
11/02/03 02:32 AM
Indiana
Bryansmom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Bryansmom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
Hi,
I've actually thought more about this than I probably should have, but what else can you think about when folding laundry, etc? lol

There was a prophecy that had to be fulfilled so that the evil Mordred could come back. One person descended from Marcus had to fulfill that prophecy, and Samuel ended up being the one. He didn't know what he was doing because he was possessed by Mordred when he committed the acts, and he thought they were dreams. Mordred said he would "come back" and he did, through Samuel. Samuel had to kill five people to fulfill the curse, and release five souls. He killed William, the Gardener, Vick, the Doctor and Robert. Each time he killed someone, he placed the symbol next to their bodies. This means he killed William, and returned for the funeral (not remembering any of it). After William was killed, Robert would have searched his desk and found the ring and the letter to Samuel, as well as the new will cutting him out of the inheritance. He hid these out of greed; not because he was William's killer. We know that the butler realized at some point that Samuel was the killer and asked forgiveness for keeping it a secret during confession. He was the only one who knew until James found out. James found out when Samuel murdered Robert in front of him. James was captured by the police, told them he didn't kill Robert (the truth) and wrote Samuel's name on the wall probably with red paint (he had the paints there in his room). He then hung himself. He had told Samuel that he couldn't stand going back to the sanitorium, and so he committed suicide when they took him back. Samuel only knew the truth about himself at the end when he put the black hair and the dreams and the prophecy together.

Robert was conducting experiments on patients and killing them, probably because he was doubling up on the doses. He had a system set up so that he would have his gardener deliver the bodies (probably chopped up in the chopper after having been disguised as bags of leaves) to the doctor, who disposed of them. Those were murders that Robert committed, but not for the prophecy.

I thought it was odd that they threw in the information about Samuel's wife dying in the fire and Robert's wife leaving him (although he kept her photo), and yet they never really explained what happened. I thought they possibly just wanted an explanation for the fact that the old part of the house had been burned and was a ruin, so they invented the tragic story of Samuel's wife. It also served as an explanation as to why he had stayed away from the castle for such a long time. I don't think he killed her, although he may have blamed himself for having her live there with him or for not being able to save her. I also thought it was odd that they mentioned the nursery but we were never able to enter the room. I thought an old nursery would have been scary!

Happy gaming,
Beth

What lies behind you and what lies before you are tiny matters compared to what lies within you.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117743
11/02/03 11:38 AM
11/02/03 11:38 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Beth!

You did give this a lot of thought, didn't you? I also figured that Samuel had killed William because of the sign on the wall of the castle beside where his body was found. There was one near where Robert's body was found as well. I do think that Robert killed James, though, because we don't really know who died first. Samuel received a call to come to the sanitarium because Robert's body had been found, and then Samuel discovered James hanging in his cell. Robert could have killed James and then Samuel killed Robert.

The one thing that is nagging at me is why Samuel didn't kill Bates after he heard him confess to Father Frederick that he saw the killer's face, and it was Samuel.

Susan

Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117744
11/02/03 12:44 PM
11/02/03 12:44 PM
Virginia
popcorneater Offline
Adept Boomer
popcorneater  Offline
Adept Boomer

Virginia
SPOILER FOR ENDING:
>
>
>
>
>
>>
>>
>
>
>>>
>>>>>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>>
If you notice, the bottle of blood stays in your inventory, once used; it goes back and when you right click on it Samuel say "bottle of blood.."
Something to that effect. Yep, I think he wrote it, even he in his evil vs. good wanted this to end and knew it had to: pity, I liked Samuel, and still do-not sure dying the same way as William was the right thing-again thinking of old Victoria; but I think she knew all along what was going to happen. Robert was too caught up in his world to really care about anything else. But die he did.
On a scale of 1-10, 10 of course the best, where would you place this adventure?
Ingie laugh

playing DS2, Oblivion and WoW
Re: SPOILER ALERT Black Mirror Ending: #117745
11/02/03 02:50 PM
11/02/03 02:50 PM
Florida
Teddo Offline
Settled Boomer
Teddo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
Ingie -

I'd give it a 9.5. I think it was excellent. It sure had me hooked. My only criticism is that I would have preferred to have seen close-ups of the characters faces. That's what keeps it from being a 10 for me.

Teddo

none
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 71 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users