GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#415153 - 10/31/08 11:49 AM Re: The Hardy Boys - a mini review [Re: Becky]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Unless I missed something Nancy featured:
Click to reveal..
as a phone contact only!
smile

#415238 - 10/31/08 02:49 PM Re: The Hardy Boys - a mini review [Re: Retired at last]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, RAL!

Nancy Drew is only in the Hardy Boys game as a phone contact, so you didn't miss a thing.

Susan

#415963 - 11/01/08 10:26 PM Re: The Hardy Boys - a mini review [Re: Susie07]
Retired at last Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Montreal
Thanks for the info.
Darn, I thought I was finally going to see what she looks like.

#422819 - 11/15/08 03:28 PM Re: The Hardy Boys - a mini review [Re: Becky]
LightWeight Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Maryland
I just finished The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft game and I thought it was OK. As a fan of The Hardy Boys and in need of a new adventure game I thought I'd give it a try.
I think this game is good for the beginer as it is fairly basic and not too hard. The storyline was good and made it interesting. Some of the tasks didn't totally add up though and some of the graphics didn't align that well with the footsteps. On some screen you had to move your mouse in a small area to get to it. A few times I had to click several times on something to activate the puzzle or scene.
Overall if you are new to adventure games I'd say give it a go however if you are more of a hard core gammer you might want to look for something more challenging.

#423111 - 11/16/08 06:12 AM Re: The Hardy Boys - a mini review [Re: LightWeight]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hi LightWeight -- welcome to GameBoomers and thanks for your comments! welcome

#429368 - 11/28/08 08:22 AM Re: The Hardy Boys - a mini review [Re: Becky]
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: cornwall england
Hi Chrissie, I agree that it was an OK game BUT and it's a very big but I spent 2 hours trying to solve what seemed a simple logical puzzle, the one you mention as the "grid puzzle". Having turned the air blue to then find you could only solve it by breaking the rules was a big nono for me. How did the testers miss that? hardwall smashpc

#447126 - 01/05/09 08:42 PM Re: The Hardy Boys - a mini review [Re: Becky]
mission Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Lower Mainland, BC
Very informative. Thanks for writing smile

#447207 - 01/06/09 02:26 AM Re: The Hardy Boys - a mini review [Re: mission]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Greece
I just finished the game. I enjoyed most of it but i got really crazy in this logical puzzle not because i couldn't solve it but because i couldn't get the piece i wanted in the right place. I had to try more than 3 times every time to put it where i wanted cause it always went beside the right place. And in addition every time i was trying to take a piece out of the grid i couldn't release it in the bottom right area and some Xs were appeared in the grid which most of the time i couldn't get rid off. I founded a little short regarding the gaming time...

#447473 - 01/06/09 02:15 PM Re: The Hardy Boys - a mini review [Re: Volkana]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Hi Volkana, I had much the same experience with that puzzle! I didn't think the game was that short but found it a little shoddy on the production side. I might not have noticed quite so much if it hadn't been a game that was percieved to be connected to the very well produced Nancy Drew series & produced on the back of that. The story was very good & it's a real pity that it was let down by 'rushed' production? smile

#447477 - 01/06/09 02:19 PM Re: The Hardy Boys - a mini review [Re: chrissie]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Greece
Yes the story was quite interesting! I finifhed the game within a day without closing it at all! I was very curious to see what was really happening. It wasn't a hard game apart from this puzzle so i wasn't stuck at any point so it run smoothly. grin

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  looney4labs, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
3 registered (Koala, VRMpls2, flotsam), 59 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
greacia, Jason_Encore, DeanandKate, RisinGoat, AppyLover
8504 Registered Users