Warhammer: Shadow Of The Horned Rat
Instructions are for Windows 95 only,
although this will probably work with Windows 3.1 as well.
- Start the game as normal
- Load any saved file
- Now press ALT ESC this will
change Warhammer to a window
- Start WORDPAD from the START PROGRAM
- Open file [DRIVE]:SHADOW OF THE
Now the fun begins:
- Modify any unit listed or add new/killed
ones. Add magic items or spells.
- You may modify the number of troops or
Active troops given after S_SIDE as setstats:s_side=[reserved],[troops],
- You may change any of the values after
S_MOVE as they represent the stats from the book.
- Increase Move (Non mounted only), Weapon
Skill, Balistic Skill, Strength, Toughness, Wounds, Initiative, Attacks, or
- If you know the names for magic items you
may add them to any units after the banner line. banner:BannerMrcCmdr,
- If you know the names for spells you may add
them to any wizards after the banner line. banner:BannerAmber,
- To help you with these review the .MRC and
.BTS file in directory SHADOW OF THE HORNED RAT\FILE\SCRIPT
- You may copy complete units from the MRC
files. Do not forget to update the number of units set:count=
- Many other things can be changed such as
armor, weapon, balistic weapon etc. However these use codes and
not names so you will need to experiment.
- Once you have finished save the file and
return to the game. Use the maximise button to get the full screen.
- You will now find all these values reflected
in the troop roster and everywhere else.
Note: you can only modify ARMY.MRC after loading a game as it is stored in memory
Also the amount of gold may be modified using a hex editor from any saved file in
DRIVE]:SHADOW~1\SAVED\SAVEGAME.[n] It is stored at location F0 in the file in
reverse hex form ie F7 01 = 500.
I recommend copying ARMY.MRC and SAVEGAME.[n] before starting and the usual disclaimers
are in effect,
you do this at your own risk.
Game Boomers - Game Cheats,
and Walkthroughs for Boomers and the rest of you guys!