GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Homesick- solving puzzles the clueless way #1024509
07/22/15 09:23 PM
07/22/15 09:23 PM
ergggo Offline OP
Settled Boomer
ergggo  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

After completing Homesick I read flotsam's review (it's right on) and it made me wonder if anyone else tackled a problem the hard way throughout the early part of the game. Please don't read the spoiler if you haven't played the game, since the total mystery of everything in the beginning is a great part of the game:
Click to reveal..
The encoded texts were impossible to read, but during a nightmare the sign on the door was in English. It seems like a common adventure game puzzle to decode a text once some of the words are known in both English and in the encoded text, so it was pretty straightforward to decode most of the alphabet and then read the notes and books that I came across. After doing this for several notes, I could eventually read the texts directly without consulting the translation, though it was slow going. I was kind of surprised how quickly your brain can pick up a whole new alphabet and read texts...I'd have thought you'd have to constantly consult the alphabet key. Anyway, eventually there is a much easier way to get the texts translated and I felt like a bit of a sap for doing it the hard way.

Did anyone who played this game have the same approach or am I the only sap who did it this way? If you haven't played Homesick yet, have you solved puzzles the hard way in other games, only to find out later that there was a much easier way?

I point, therefore I click.
Re: Homesick- solving puzzles the clueless way [Re: ergggo] #1024510
07/22/15 09:26 PM
07/22/15 09:26 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: ergggo
If you haven't played Homesick yet, have you solved puzzles the hard way in other games, only to find out later that there was a much easier way?

The subway puzzle in Myst.
Click to reveal..
I didn't realize there were sound cues telling you exactly which way to go. I thought you had to map that monster.

Re: Homesick- solving puzzles the clueless way [Re: Jenny100] #1024650
07/23/15 04:35 PM
07/23/15 04:35 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Online content
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Online Content
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Jenny I think I did the same thing. woozy

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (OrleansBelle, Space Quest Fan), 225 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users