GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
"Margrave: Blacksmith's Daughter" - screen size question #1087169
10/24/16 03:56 PM
10/24/16 03:56 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I decided to play the trial on this game, because I had played a couple of others in the series. It downloaded fine, and I checked out the Game Options. Not much except choosing between Full Screen and/or Maintain Screen Ratio. I chose Full Screen. Game loaded fine, but I soon realized in the first HOG screen I encountered, I could not see the bottom half of the list of objects that needed to be found. Oops. ha ha Then, I realized I could not see my Inventory, either. So, I needed to exit the game and take another look at the Options Menu. Problem was, the game controls were also inaccessible off the bottom of the screen, so I had to do an old CTRL + ALT + DELETE bailout. So all that happened. First time ever.

I reopened the game and turned off Full Screen Mode and chose Maintain Screen Ratio. That gave me the full game screen, but it was shrunk down to about 10 x 12 inches in size! (I have a 34" monitor.)

My question: Before I write to Big Fish, has anyone encountered this with a game before? If it is fixable, what is the fix? Thought I'd ask here first, since I know many people play BF games.

Re: "Margrave: Blacksmith's Daughter" - screen size question [Re: Reenie] #1087186
10/24/16 07:03 PM
10/24/16 07:03 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I haven't encountered this problem but know others who have. It probably all depends on what options your video card/monitor allows for and also your screen resolution. Beyond that, I can't be any more specific, though. wave

Re: "Margrave: Blacksmith's Daughter" - screen size question [Re: Marian] #1087192
10/24/16 08:26 PM
10/24/16 08:26 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Ah, so I could change my screen resolution, but then, that would apply to everything else I do on the computer. That wouldn't work out so well with other apps.

Re: "Margrave: Blacksmith's Daughter" - screen size question [Re: Reenie] #1087194
10/24/16 08:40 PM
10/24/16 08:40 PM
Rockland, Ontario, Canada
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Rockland, Ontario, Canada
Hi Reenie,
I remember this game and I also had trouble seeing the bottom half of the HOs and even seeing the Inventory bar, mind you I am playing on a 17 inch laptop. Anyway, I realized that this game like other games, the Companies in question do not always automatically adjust the DPI, so I have to manually do this myself. I went to the Game Directory and found the :
Margrave_The_Blacksmiths_Daughter.exe and then clicked on the Compatibility Tab and added a check-mark to "Disable display scaling on High DPI settings" and this did the trick for me.
So this might work for you.

Good luck

Re: "Margrave: Blacksmith's Daughter" - screen size question [Re: Starcom] #1087195
10/24/16 08:42 PM
10/24/16 08:42 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks very much for the suggestion, Starcom. wave

Re: "Margrave: Blacksmith's Daughter" - screen size question [Re: Starcom] #1087232
10/25/16 01:01 AM
10/25/16 01:01 AM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, Starcom. That might be the thing! I will try it tomorrow.

Re: "Margrave: Blacksmith's Daughter" - screen size question [Re: Reenie] #1087423
10/26/16 09:25 AM
10/26/16 09:25 AM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
I have also had this problem-usually with older BF games and never knew how to get them to run so I can see the whole screen without losing some of the game screen OR if choose the other option in the game and then it is in a square so small cannot see what to do. So gave up ever playing them again.
I may also try your suggestion Starcom and see if it will help me as well!! I have a 15" widescreen hd laptop.
BTW...I do wish BF would let us Delete games from our purchased list of games that we no longer want to play....or even come up with a way we could give them to someone else. After years and years the list is long and there are quite a few that need to be gone....so doesn't take so long to load the list when looking for a game to re-play.

Re: "Margrave: Blacksmith's Daughter" - screen size question [Re: gamenut] #1087458
10/26/16 12:53 PM
10/26/16 12:53 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Yes, being able to purge our Game List would be nice! Over the years, I have accumulated a couple hundred. There are quite a few on there that I never will play again, either because they are too old and simple, unsophisticated, or just annoying in some respect. ha ha

One thing about the "fix" noted above for playing the Margrave game is that it changes your screen for everything else as well. I am not thrilled with what it did to all other programs, but it is OK for the time being. Just saying, if you do make the change in your Settings in order to accommodate a game problem like this, be sure to note what you did so you can reverse it again once you finish with the game.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (LadyKestrel, 1 invisible), 251 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users