Relive the days of classic gaming with The Filmmaker, a cheesy, puzzle-focused text adventure tribute to the traditional Hollywood "B-movie" in which players take on the role of young cinephile Brianna Auberon as she explores a haunted theater.
The Filmmaker combines the best elements of interactive fiction, visual novels, and gamebooks with a graphic user interface that emulates the look of early 1990s text adventures. It features beautiful artwork and cinematic music. In place of a text parser is a context-specific multiple choice menu. A compass allows you to travel from room to room, and separate inventory, map, journal, and character screens are available at the push of a button.
It plays like an interactive novel. You make a series of choices that determine what happens next in the story. But unlike in traditional gamebooks and visual novels, The Filmmaker also features more advanced adventure-based game mechanics, including locations to explore, items to interact with, characters to meet, and puzzles to solve.
The Filmmaker Demo: http://www.unimatrixproductions.com/filmmaker_demo.zip
• EXPLORE a haunted theater and five distinct black-and-white films
• DISCOVER the terrifying link behind a series of gruesome murders
• INTERACT with a variety of interesting characters
• SOLVE a multitude of challenging puzzles
• ENJOY over 400 pieces of original artwork and an hour-long soundtrack
• UNLOCK 25 achievements to view a special post-game bonus scene
• EXPERIENCE 6+ hours of content–a true "B-movie" experience!
Fans of interactive fiction are encouraged to vote for The Filmmaker on Steam Greenlight to help support the growth of text-based gaming.
The Filmmaker on Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=784775707