GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
15 Days #1143124
02/27/18 01:52 PM
02/27/18 01:52 PM
Mass
Bluto Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Bluto  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Mass
Hi everyone

Is there anyone out there who has the above game they would consider trading
Or selling I have the game but when I run it now it comes up with errors while
Loading. it's coming up with errors and will not continue to load.
And rather than trying to figure it out. I thought maybe I could purchase a new or
Used one if some one on GB had one to trade or sell.

Thank You

Bluto

Re: 15 Days [Re: Bluto] #1143126
02/27/18 02:13 PM
02/27/18 02:13 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
This is just my opinion, but I don't think it's worth the trouble. The game is also available as a download from Steam here and many of the reviewers are talking about the game crashing all of the time with random error messages. I don't think getting a different CD would fix your problems.

Re: 15 Days [Re: Bluto] #1143127
02/27/18 02:23 PM
02/27/18 02:23 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Unless the errors are read errors because of a bad disc, you're likely to have the same problem with someone else's copy. Errors when you try to start the game could be due to the disc-based DRM (copy "protection") rather than the game itself. And DRM can fail due to incompatibility with your DVD drive even if modern Windows isn't blocking it.

The game is sold at Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/342990/15_Days/

You can see there that a lot of people had crashes with it. But the Steam version is more likely to work than the disc version, where the disc-based DRM could be getting in the way.

Re: 15 Days [Re: Jenny100] #1143289
03/01/18 10:09 AM
03/01/18 10:09 AM
Mass
Bluto Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Bluto  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Mass
Jenny the very first time I ran the game it ran error free all the
Way to the end.I don't see why it shouldn't run the same way the 2nd
Time or each time its run.

Bluto

Re: 15 Days [Re: Bluto] #1143298
03/01/18 12:21 PM
03/01/18 12:21 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Bluto
Jenny the very first time I ran the game it ran error free all the Way to the end.

Then you were incredibly lucky. It ran well on very few computers. Most people had crashes.
The game should have had patches, but the developer went out of business.

Originally Posted By: Bluto
I don't see why it shouldn't run the same way the 2nd Time or each time its run.

Think about what is different about your computer now compared to the first time you ran the game. Do you have the same video card? Do you have the same video card but different video drivers? Have you updated DirectX files since you first ran the game?

Are you getting any error messages? Copy the messages, word for word, and look them up on Google (with quotes around them so Google searches the exact wording) to see if the error messages are related to your video card or DirectX. If you still have an older video card, but updated your video drivers at some point, it's possible that the version of the drivers you used when you first ran the game could solve your crashing problems.

I can't tell from Googling if the DRM on this particular game disc is a type that used "trigger functions." But considering the problems people have with the Steam version, which doesn't have the disc-based DRM, I'm guessing the problems are not caused by the DRM in this case.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/342990/discussions/0/537402115097402809/

Re: 15 Days [Re: Jenny100] #1146635
03/31/18 09:32 AM
03/31/18 09:32 AM
Mass
Bluto Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Bluto  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Mass
Hi Jenny100

I read some of the problems people had with the game, many
In the same places I noticed.
maybe the cd rom original disk I have is finally gone bad.

Getting them out of prison is where my crash occurred also.

Bluto

Re: 15 Days [Re: Bluto] #1146636
03/31/18 09:54 AM
03/31/18 09:54 AM
Creeping_Doom Offline
Settled Boomer
Creeping_Doom  Offline
Settled Boomer

The game is also available on GOG . Personally , I'd rather purchase from GOG than from Steam . Anyway , that I remember , I was also lucky enough , in that my copy of the game (I have a physical disc also ) loaded & played with no problems . I think 15 Days is $10 on GOG , Steam , I'm not sure at present .

Re: 15 Days [Re: Bluto] #1146640
03/31/18 11:10 AM
03/31/18 11:10 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
CD's and DVD's are less likely to spontaneously "go bad" than the CD and DVD drives you put them in. CD and DVD drives are known to have variations in read speed over time as they age. CD and DVD drives will work for reading normal files long after they start to fail at satisfying copy "protection" (disc-based DRM) requirements.

Unless you scrubbed the floor with your CD or DVD, or stored it in a 200 degree attic, or abused it in some other way, chances are it's still as good as it ever was.

Think about what has changed on your computer from the first time you ran the game. Unless nothing at all has changed, you never ran any security updates, you never updated the video card or its drivers, and you never installed another game which might have changed DirectX files to suit itself, chances are that a game that is fussy about what hardware and software it runs on will have issues.

You're having the same problems with the game now as most people had from the beginning. The game was rushed out, not tested on enough computers.

Assuming your video card is the same one you previously ran the game on, your best bet is to try installing older video drivers. If you know the driver version you used back when it ran successfully, use that. If you don't know what drivers you had back then, try drivers from 2009 or slightly earlier (the drivers the game might have been tested with). If you have a new video card, you probably won't be able to install older drivers on it without tweaking driver installation files.

Re: 15 Days [Re: Jenny100] #1146677
03/31/18 02:45 PM
03/31/18 02:45 PM
Creeping_Doom Offline
Settled Boomer
Creeping_Doom  Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
CD's and DVD's are less likely to spontaneously "go bad" than the CD and DVD drives you put them in. CD and DVD drives are known to have variations in read speed over time as they age. CD and DVD drives will work for reading normal files long after they start to fail at satisfying copy "protection" (disc-based DRM) requirements.

Unless you scrubbed the floor with your CD or DVD, or stored it in a 200 degree attic, or abused it in some other way, chances are it's still as good as it ever was.

Think about what has changed on your computer from the first time you ran the game. Unless nothing at all has changed, you never ran any security updates, you never updated the video card or its drivers, and you never installed another game which might have changed DirectX files to suit itself, chances are that a game that is fussy about what hardware and software it runs on will have issues.

You're having the same problems with the game now as most people had from the beginning. The game was rushed out, not tested on enough computers.

Assuming your video card is the same one you previously ran the game on, your best bet is to try installing older video drivers. If you know the driver version you used back when it ran successfully, use that. If you don't know what drivers you had back then, try drivers from 2009 or slightly earlier (the drivers the game might have been tested with). If you have a new video card, you probably won't be able to install older drivers on it without tweaking driver installation files.

Could be right on all fronts Jenny . Then again , if 15 Days is the only game having troubles.. who really knows . I got curious , & installed the game from my copy . Other than having to temporarily disable my antivirus , install & startup went off without a hitch . I use Win 7 at the moment . Agree that the game was quite troublesome at first release .

Re: 15 Days [Re: Creeping_Doom] #1146695
03/31/18 04:29 PM
03/31/18 04:29 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Creeping_Doom
Then again, if 15 Days is the only game having troubles..

It's not. Not long ago Bluto also had troubles with the original version of J.U.L.I.A. And that game specifically mentioned Windows 7 on the box (as well as XP and Vista)
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/julia/cover-art/gameCoverId,242533/

Originally Posted By: Creeping_Doom
I got curious , & installed the game from my copy . Other than having to temporarily disable my antivirus , install & startup went off without a hitch . I use Win 7 at the moment .

I don't think Bluto mentioned if he disabled his antivirus or not -- or whether or not he added the game's exe to the antivirus' exceptions list.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, BrownEyedTigre), 233 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users