VANCOUVER, Canada (June 5, 2018) — Without you, will the forest still come alive? Kickstarted in 2015, Shape of the World – the upcoming psychedelic first-person explorer from developer Hollow Tree Games – is now available on PlayStation 4 and Steam. The Nintendo Switch and Xbox One version will be available tomorrow.
The world that grows around you...The environment and flora continuously flourish and fade as you wander in Shape of the World, a serene and surreal first-person explorer. You’ll travel through dream-like forests, aquatic caves and peaceful shores accompanied by psychedelic wildlife. No ticking clock or hidden perils laying in wait will prevent you from enjoying your journey... Experience a couple of hours escape from work, anxiety and stress.
“Seeing Shape of the World finally available for everyone is very exciting” said Hollow Tree Games' founder Stu Maxwell. He also works as a senior VFX artist for The Coalition, the studio behind Gears Of War 4. “It has been my personal project for the past 4 years, I can’t wait to see how people will interact with the game. Probably a whole lot differently from what I had in mind!”
About Shape of the World
Shape of the World casts you as an outsider experiencing a surreal world that reacts to your presence. Journey through vibrant ecosystems that spring to life with psychedelic colours, splashing waterfalls, luminous monoliths and graceful creatures. A realm that leaves you free to progress at your own pace, without the incessant ticking of the clock. Find yourself pleasantly lost as you summit mountains, fly with whales, raise precipitous boardwalks and slide swiftly to new and ever stranger environments.
• First-person explorer: Unwind as you wander at your own pace in surreal environments that beckon you to explore, hinting at distant landmarks and encouraging you to delve deeper into the woods.
• 4K support: Enjoy the experience in native 4K on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.
• Play with an organic and mysterious ecosystem: Interact with graceful animals, ephemeral flora, and intriguing monoliths. Your actions will alter the world you discover in vibrant and unexpected ways, leaving you to wonder what will happen with each new path you forge, each abandoned hollow you stumble upon.
• A living world: The forest only materializes as you move through it, and regrows anew as you pass through areas you’ve previously explored. The handcrafted world offers you landmarks and familiar terrain to guide you through to the end of your trip.
• A dynamic soundtrack that responds to the player’s travels: The audio shifts along with the visuals, providing an enveloping aural experience to match your psychedelic journey and amplify your immersion. Listen to a sample of the soundtrack by Brent Silk here: https://brentsilk.bandcamp.com/releases