From the developers of "The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker", The Shapeshifting Detective will be heading your way in November.
View the trailer here.
Check out the Official Website here.
The Shapeshifting Detective is a supernatural-noir murder mystery FMV game where you play as a detective who can shapeshift into other characters, allowing you to unlock secret conversations and private encounters. The game features more than 1600 full HD video
responses, a simple questioning interface with unique ‘delete’ mechanic, and a randomly chosen murderer at the start of the game.
“Solve the murder. Stop the killer. Don’t get caught.”
Dorota Shaw is dead. And the prime suspects are three tarot readers with the uncanny ability to predict murder - or commit it. It’s your job to find out what else they know - but they won’t reveal their dark secrets to just anyone…
Luckily, you can be anyone you want to be. Even the next victim.
● 1600+ full HD FMV videos
● Shapeshift into other characters, or be yourself
● Delete questions you don’t want to ask
● Branching storyline and randomly chosen murderer for high replayability
● In-game radio station featuring short dark fiction plays between visits
Developed by the World Record breaking makers of "The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker".
● Full Motion - A large multi-location, multi-suspect FMV world to explore.
● Shapeshift - into nine other characters so you can investigate and manipulate relationships from all angles, and unlock the other half of the story.
● Voiceovers - every character you can shapeshift into has your options voiced by the original actors.
● Suspense - solve a murder, stop a murder, don’t get caught. Any one of three random murderers helps to minimize spoilers.
● Taxi! - Hail taxi cabs instead of using a map screen, and listen to ambient content and broadcasts while you choose where to go.
● Choices matter - catch the killer, save the victims, make and break relationships - or don’t.
● Catalytic events - not all branching is binary. Push someone into a corner and they may have more than one way to react.
● Problem solving - can’t get that vital clue yourself? Try shapeshifting into the Police Chief. Think the dialogue options are a trap? Delete them.