GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish #1176504
02/03/19 09:43 AM
02/03/19 09:43 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Dreadful Tales: The Space Between here.

To view the comments and access the link to the Collector's Edition, click here.

Quote:
Eipix Entertainment proudly presents Dreadful Tales - a chilling new series from the makers of Myths of the World and Dead Reckoning!

The Spencers picked up an abandoned country estate for cheap, hoping to flip it and turn a profit, but when they come to check out the property, they discover it has dark secrets hidden inside its walls. A creature begins to terrorize them, rifling through their things, smashing furniture and causing a ruckus, but soon their annoyance turns into terror. Can they escape something that lives within the very walls themselves? Find out in this terrifying hidden object puzzle adventure game!

Check out our Blog Walkthrough.

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! shiver

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1176507
02/03/19 11:18 AM
02/03/19 11:18 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks, Marian!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1176532
02/03/19 02:57 PM
02/03/19 02:57 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks Marian.

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1176537
02/03/19 03:16 PM
02/03/19 03:16 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Marian!

I bought the CE and really enjoyed it. In fact, I'm replaying it right now because I can't find any new games I'm interested in. You alternate between playing the husband and wife and the storyline sucks you in from the very beginning. Of course, if I had just purchased a house to flip and there was a creature running around inside destroying everything in its path, I would be calling the real estate agent and demanding my money back lol !

Susan

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1176538
02/03/19 03:17 PM
02/03/19 03:17 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I played the Demo and found it was creepy but had decent puzzles, so I plan to buy it when I've finished the two I'm playing. smile (I don't usually go for creepy.)

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Susie07] #1176539
02/03/19 03:19 PM
02/03/19 03:19 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Originally Posted By: Susie07
Of course, if I had just purchased a house to flip and there was a creature running around inside destroying everything in its path, I would be calling the real estate agent and demanding my money back lol !

And I'd be checking into a motel. idea grin

I hope you enjoy the game, Reenie. smile

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1176547
02/03/19 04:59 PM
02/03/19 04:59 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Marian and Reenie!

Marian, the couples' car was destroyed by the creature so, apparently, they can't leave the house. I guess they've never heard of Uber lol !

Reenie, I enjoy creepy, but have had my fill of games with a supernatural element because there are so many of them. This one is an exception, though, since it has a good storyline and you never lose sight of what the original goal is.

Susan

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Susie07] #1176787
02/06/19 08:44 PM
02/06/19 08:44 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I don't mind it. The creepy aspect is not in your face much, and so far, it seems the creepy entity is only misunderstood because of a handicap; he is not evil. Still, he has been on a pesky murder trip for some time . . .

If you choose to play on the Hard setting, the mini-games are wonderful. I think I am about halfway through the game at this point. In some ways, it is like all the rest of the HOAs: If you find a piano, it will have keys missing. If you find a sink, its faucets will be broken. If you need a ladder, you'll have to repair one. Steam pipes always leak, generators always are out of fuel, appliances always are missing their knobs, and you'll never get out of a library without having to do some book-sorting. lol

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1176847
02/07/19 03:47 PM
02/07/19 03:47 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Reenie!

There were a few occasions when things jumped out and startled me, but I was raised on Boris Karloff, Vincent Price, Bela Lugosi and Lon Chaney, Jr. so I usually expect it when I'm watching a horror movie or playing a creepy game lol !

I normally choose the Easy setting. Even though I avoid the Hint button and will only skip a puzzle if I just can't solve it on my own, the Easy setting indicates the locations on the map where there are still things to do so I don't have to revisit umpteen locations to find something I missed. Some games give you the option to solve the puzzles in either Easy or Hard mode. I choose Hard first and only switch to Easy if it's too frustrating.

And don't forget the key will always be stuck in one of the locks so you have to hunt for an awl and newspaper, or the key will break off so you need pliers to get it out and then find instructions on how to make a new one.

Susan

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Susie07] #1176852
02/07/19 04:49 PM
02/07/19 04:49 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

And don't forget the key will always be stuck in one of the locks so you have to hunt for an awl and newspaper, or the key will break off so you need pliers to get it out and then find instructions on how to make a new one.

Ain't it the truth!? lol And to make the new key, you have to gather kindling, find some coal or some wood for fuel, fill the lighter with fluid, sew up the torn bellows so you can fan the flames, find a small tin soldier to melt for the new key, find some wax to make an impression of the broken key, and locate and fix a broken smelter in order to cast the key. happydance

I always play on the Hard setting, but I leave checked the Map function, so I can see where there might be something to do that I missed. Otherwise, you spend all your time wandering around.

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1176904
02/08/19 10:05 AM
02/08/19 10:05 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Reenie!

haha ! And yet we can't get enough of these games. How about every time we meet a total stranger and need information, they won't cooperate until we've made them a cup of some concoction, repaired something that's broken or rescued a relative who's been kidnapped.

If I am able to check the Map function so I know the locations I have things to do, I'll play in Hard mode, but some games I've played only have that option in Easy mode.

Susan

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Susie07] #1176920
02/08/19 01:20 PM
02/08/19 01:20 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

How about every time we meet a total stranger and need information, they won't cooperate until we've made them a cup of some concoction, repaired something that's broken or rescued a relative who's been kidnapped.

Yeah, or go to some other cosmos first, and save their daughter/son/wife/protege first. Way beyond quid pro quo, in most cases.

But I do love these little games, too. I just have to space them out or the dumptruck load of clichés and tropes can kill the buzz. I had a game the other day wherein the villain actually laughed that old Simon Legree NYAA-HA-HA-HAH snicker at me. And those HO scenes are the worst ~ finding a bowling ball, a Viking Axe, a red fire extinguisher tank and some frosted cupcakes at the bottom of a dark cave in a futuristic, distant planetary star system. Really? My husband laughs when he hears this. So I keep playing, but I really appreciate it any time I encounter something inventive and original that doesn't burst the bubble.

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1176943
02/08/19 06:57 PM
02/08/19 06:57 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Reenie!

I refuse to get a hint in HO scenes, and sometimes it takes forever to find that last elusive object. I love the games that give you the option to play a Match 3 game instead because that's what I do if I'm really stuck. In the HO scenes, it would be nice if they were more specific about what objects we're looking for (e.g. a baseball bat vs. a flying bat).

I also love HO games and have only played a handful of adventure games since I first discovered them. I just wish the developers wouldn't be so obsessed with the supernatural and paranormal because I've thoroughly enjoyed the murder mysteries I've played and wish there were more of them.

Susan

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Susie07] #1176964
02/08/19 10:52 PM
02/08/19 10:52 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I just wish the developers wouldn't be so obsessed with the supernatural and paranormal because I've thoroughly enjoyed the murder mysteries I've played and wish there were more of them.

Yeah, the threatened-by-vampires, kidnapped-by-evil-genius, end-of-the world plots are so repetitive. There is more variety in a commercial TV schedule than in casual games, and TV is not known for originality, either. lol I, too, liked the detective games, like Angelica Weaver and Dana Knightstone and others. Eternal Journey: New Atlantis is not a detective story, but it isn't horror/evil villain, either. I liked the Lost Lands series and Royal Detective series because they felt like they took place in a somewhat normal context, at least by casual game standards.

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1177006
02/09/19 11:19 AM
02/09/19 11:19 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Reenie!

I really enjoyed the Dead Reckoning series, but that morphed into Memoirs of Murder, which is a good series as well. Did you play "Detectives United: Origins". Hopefully, that was just the first game in a series.

I played all of the games in the Dana Knightstone series and was disappointed when I read it was discontinued. Angelica Weaver was another good one. The Maze series was as bit unnerving, but definitely worth buying, and I hope we see more Cadenza games.

Some of the theme games were excellent. If you haven't played "Halloween Chronicles: Monsters Among Us", I would highly recommend it.

Susan

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Susie07] #1177020
02/09/19 01:18 PM
02/09/19 01:18 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I loved the Cadenza games, too! I sort of agree about the Maze series: Good, but almost abusive in the level of horror. I don't do well with horror. It doesn't entertain me to watch or experience that kind of suffering, even fictional. I tried Detectives United, and found the concept original, but I only played the Demo. Maybe I'll go back and take a second look. smile Thanks for the tip about Halloween Chronicles. I'll check it out.

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1177022
02/09/19 01:30 PM
02/09/19 01:30 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
There will almost certainly be more Detectives United games.

I concur with the recommendation of Halloween Chronicles; I thought the game was a lot of fun. wave

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1177062
02/09/19 05:50 PM
02/09/19 05:50 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reenie, if you have a coupon, you should pick up the SE of "Detectives United" because I think you'd really enjoy it. "Halloween Chronicles" was one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a long time and you can play it any time of the year, not just Halloween. Heck, I've been known to drag out one of my Christmas games in the middle of a July heatwave lol . "Maze" is a psychological thriller, but I grew up watching the old horror movies so I guess I'm used to them grin .

Marian, happydance about more "Detectives United" games because I thought the concept was brilliant and the game was a nice change from the supernatural themes. Fingers crossed there will be a sequel to "Halloween Chronicles" as well.

Susan

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Susie07] #1177064
02/09/19 06:08 PM
02/09/19 06:08 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I am assuming that Halloween Chronicles is a new Halloween series for Domini the same way that Elephant Games now has two Halloween games, so here's hoping I am correct. smile

Re: Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1177088
02/09/19 11:07 PM
02/09/19 11:07 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Marian!

Fingers crossed!

Susan

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Pandora), 201 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users