GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Mystical Broken Quotes #1225032
08/12/20 10:26 AM
08/12/20 10:26 AM
The Outer Limits
Cue Offline OP
Graduate Boomer
Cue  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

The Outer Limits
These quotes were taken from various Myst games. They are either character dialog in a game or excerpts from books within the games. The quotes were broken into letter groups of three and then rearranged in alphabetical order. The origin of the quote follows after the slash mark.

Place your hand on a notebook and pencil and soon be transported back to the Ages of Myst

Can you rebuild these broken quotes? May Atrus guide you.

and dyt eav ees elm ens erb hea heh her her ind llf ori ous stu syo tgl Tod tto uil uwi ven wha

Tod-----, ----- -- ----- --- ------- --- ---- -------- -eav--- --- ---- ---- ---e. / Es---

ake dni eda esh hem lyt nde ndf neu new ove ree res rno ron rye sis the Thi tor a

Thi- -- --- --- D'ni, -------- --- ----, ---- ----, ----- ---- --- ----r. / Ye----

cag cht eea ejo ele eri exc fer has ite lit men nti off oth rld rss smu swo thi Tho tle tof tto ual ugh urn vis al

Tho--- ---- ----- --- ------ ------ exc------- -- -----, -- ------ ---- -- --- ----. / -------c Ag- -------

aav ack atb boo cal dhe edr ess ght hel his ifo ins kth ldt lsj meb nan onw orl rou the tot und wor o

I fo--- --- ---- ---- ------- -- ---- -- ---- -----. --- ------ -orl- -- ----- -'-----. / -aav----

age all and ath ayt dec dth efa ers has hat heh iar isl ist jou kof kri mar mil myf nof pat res rna ter The ume ven wor l

The ------ --- ------- --- -----iar ------- -- ----- ---- -- --- -------- -- -- ------'- ---k. / Ri--- --- -------

luck

Did you ever stop to think and then forget to start again?
Re: Mystical Broken Quotes / Hints [Re: Cue] #1225478
08/17/20 12:46 PM
08/17/20 12:46 PM
The Outer Limits
Cue Offline OP
Graduate Boomer
Cue  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

The Outer Limits
I hate to shut this puzzle down without at least giving a hint to the solutions. I know there are a lot of words used in Myst that don't have common spelling structures, making this puzzle more difficult. So I've placed three of the triads within each of the clues to give you a hand.

Re: Mystical Broken Quotes [Re: Cue] #1225482
08/17/20 12:59 PM
08/17/20 12:59 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I would certainly be giving it a try if I had played any of the Myst games, but I have not. Yes, I know, a real gap there in my gaming education! grin

Re: Mystical Broken Quotes [Re: Cue] #1225489
08/17/20 02:20 PM
08/17/20 02:20 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
I played it but just way too long ago for any of the above to make sense to me. sad

Re: Mystical Broken Quotes [Re: Cue] #1225503
08/17/20 03:27 PM
08/17/20 03:27 PM
The Outer Limits
Cue Offline OP
Graduate Boomer
Cue  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

The Outer Limits
Marian, I think you're the first person I've met that hasn't played Myst or at least one of the games from the Myst series. I wish I had a fainting emoji! lol
Oldbroad: It's been a verrrry long time for me too but reading these quotes make me want to replay each of them although my original media probably won't work anymore. I think the discs that contain my Myst games are made of stone inscribed with chisels. rolleyes

Re: Mystical Broken Quotes [Re: Cue] #1225510
08/17/20 05:03 PM
08/17/20 05:03 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
lol

I repurchased all the games on GOG when they were on sale some long time ago and they have been on my mind for a replay lately. They're kind of far back in the line though.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Pandora, soot, Urban Worrier 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 387 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users