GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mystery Case Files: The Harbinger Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1226409
08/27/20 01:35 PM
08/27/20 01:35 PM
G
GamingPhreak Offline
Shy Boomer
GamingPhreak  Offline
Shy Boomer
G

Originally Posted by Marian
I like their games, GamingPhreak, and I have played a great many of them. For me, I find them to be quite consistent in their quality. Having said that, you would be better off trying a demo and seeing for yourself. What people like and don't like can be quite subjective. smile

Demos aren't really free on BFG because they require membership. Demos are a thing of the past because nowadays people just go to Youtube to see gameplay. In fact, that's what I'm going to do for this game.

Re: Mystery Case Files: The Harbinger Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1226410
08/27/20 01:39 PM
08/27/20 01:39 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I don't know where you got that idea, because you don't have to be a member to download a demo. The only exception to this rule is the first 24 hours after a new game is released the demo for that game is only accessible to members. After that, it's available to everyone.

We have many people here playing and buying these games regularly who do not belong to the Game Club. It's never been a prerequisite for anything, save for the one thing I mentioned above lasting only 24 hours.

I also disagree about demos being a thing of the past. I find that to get a really accurate picture of a game that I would much prefer a demo in terms of how comfortable I am going to be using the interface, etc. In fact, GOG is offering a lot of demos and I have spent the last couple of days playing the Spiritfarer demo. Playing it is a different and better experience for me than merely watching it - particularly these days when the control scheme for a particular game is not always made abundantly clear, so hands-on is a much better thing altogether.

Re: Mystery Case Files: The Harbinger Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1226413
08/27/20 01:50 PM
08/27/20 01:50 PM
G
GamingPhreak Offline
Shy Boomer
GamingPhreak  Offline
Shy Boomer
G

@Marian You're right, I misspoke. But still, nowadays many people prefer not having to install anything on their PC and just see the gameplay online wherever and however they can. I just watched the MCF Crossfade beta gameplay on Youtube. In casual games, the control schemes aren't going to be much different from game to game, so I don't feel the need to try them out. In the AAA game industry, demos are practically gone. Many people don't have PCs, good enough PCs, or don't have consoles, etc., can watch whatever gameplay footage online and get a good feel of the game. Sometimes even when a demo is available and my PC is capable of running it, I still may watch gameplay videos instead because it saves time.

Last edited by GamingPhreak; 08/27/20 02:57 PM.
Re: Mystery Case Files: The Harbinger Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1226414
08/27/20 01:53 PM
08/27/20 01:53 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
MCF: Crossfade will be the next MCF game. Not sure when it will be released - although I'm guessing November, as that month usually brings us a new MCF game. I haven't watched that beta yet.

Re: Mystery Case Files: The Harbinger Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1226451
08/27/20 04:15 PM
08/27/20 04:15 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco Bay Area, CA
I downloaded the Demo and played most of it. It is similar enough to the other MCF games that I think I'll buy it, but I have to say that the game play is a bit dodgy. Not sure if it is the game or the fact that I have a solid state hard drive, but the game does not run smoothly. It chokes and freezes and stutters. Frequently.

I find some of the mini-games a bit obscure, and that makes them more challenging. You aren't sure WHAT you are supposed to be doing, so you have to figure that out before you can start to solve the puzzle. I find that adds to the fun, but from similar comments I've read about other games in this Forum, I'm not sure everyone will feel the same. Best try out the Demo first, to see if you like it.

Re: Mystery Case Files: The Harbinger Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1226453
08/27/20 04:19 PM
08/27/20 04:19 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I did not have any technical problems with Harbinger like the ones you describe, Reenie; it runs as smooth as silk. I am sorry that you are experiencing this. I did have a problem similar to that with a game once and uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager fixed the problem - no idea why that worked, but it did. I of course am not saying that this is a certain solution to your difficulties.

Trying the demo first is always a good idea. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lex, curly), 396 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users