GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: New Monitor [Re: oldbroad] #1238768
01/15/21 03:43 PM
01/15/21 03:43 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Online content
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Online Content
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I hope so! Now you see why I never turn mine off. I did find out there is a way to have that flashing notice in the upper left turned off in that users manual.

Gardens put to bed for the winter. Time for some gaming!
Re: New Monitor [Re: oldbroad] #1239548
01/24/21 11:10 AM
01/24/21 11:10 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Online content
Draclvr  Online Content
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Oldbroad, I have to tell you that I had to order a new monitor this morning. I checked and I've had this Samsung curved screen monitor for longer that I thought - almost 5 years. I never physically turn it off, it just goes to sleep when I put my computer to sleep at night. As I commiserated with you, I also HATE that little round button control on the back! For the last month or so, it has started not "waking up," but I've always been able to get the screen back. Not this morning, even after rebooting... I'm not sure if the HDMI port has gone belly up, but I'm sure not going to use a VGA cable/adapter with my high end video card. Because I work on a lot of computers, I always have a cheap spare monitor, so connected it. I have LOVED this 24" Samsung monitor, but when shopping this morning, I scrolled on by the Samsungs because of that stupid control! Ended up getting a 27" curved monitor ASUS with buttons on the back. I may hate those too, but thought you'd appreciate this!

Re: New Monitor [Re: oldbroad] #1239583
01/24/21 05:04 PM
01/24/21 05:04 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad OP
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad OP
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
5 years doesn't seem that long for a monitor. My Dell that I replaced with this Samsung is almost 10 years old. It still works but it started buzzing at times and a couple of times when I tried to open my Outlook program it wouldn't open due to some "monitor, hardware" something. I Googled that and it didn't really seem to have to do with the monitor but I think it did. I'm using both ports as this is the one that shares XP and Win 10 which was another reason this monitor worked for me.

I hope you like the new monitor. 27" was just too big for me right now. For some reason, I thought you already had at least a 27" screen.

Come back and let me know about the buttons. I just don't understand buttons on the back or on the underlip (where my Acer (Win7) has them) where you can't see them. Of course, the Dell's were on the front right side but "touch" so you really couldn't see those either. Do any monitors have maybe just a button you push and then use your keyboard to change the settings?

Re: New Monitor [Re: oldbroad] #1239587
01/24/21 05:17 PM
01/24/21 05:17 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Online content
Draclvr  Online Content
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I didn't think it was very long either. But then my beloved ViewSonic only lasted about 5 years too. I don't know of any that allow you to change settings using your keyboard.

Re: New Monitor [Re: oldbroad] #1239951
01/29/21 03:58 PM
01/29/21 03:58 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Online content
Draclvr  Online Content
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
OK. Finally have a lazy afternoon to myself so I can post this. Got my new monitor Wednesday and set it up yesterday. OMG! This thing is amazing. Now, I'm going to preface this with how much I LOVED, LOVED my Samsung curved 24" monitor in spite of the dreadful control on the back. Once I got things set up the way I wanted them almost 5 years ago, I haven't touched it since. I do not turn my monitor off every day - I just let it go into "suspension" when I put my computer to sleep every night. I shut my computer down completely every Sunday night. There is nothing going to the monitor, so no need to physically turn it off.

My new 27" ASUS curved screen monitor is amazing. I didn't expect it to be this big, but that curved screen is so easy on the eyes. The thing is built like a tank which is something new for me with monitors! Now matter the price of the monitor, the stands/bases always seemed flimsy to me. Not this one! There is even a nod to cable management in the heavy duty stand. And if I want to turn it off physically, oldbroad... it has a dedicated BUTTON on the back! Yippee! Now it did have a small little round thingie similar to the Samsung thingie, but it was much easier to use. One of the real buttons has pre-set picture options such as Racing, Theatre, FPS gaming etc. I could scroll through them to get the picture I liked best. I am very sorry to lose my Samsung, but this new monitor is amazing!

Re: New Monitor [Re: oldbroad] #1239962
01/29/21 05:59 PM
01/29/21 05:59 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad OP
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad OP
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Sounds great Draclvr!

How does the bigger screen work though as far as sitting distance? Do you have to put it farther away from you than your smaller screen was? I can't imagine a 27" where my 24" is as I'm sure it would be too close. I think I have even pushed this 24" back farther than where my older monitor was and that was only, maybe, an inch or so smaller. Yet at times, I have to lean in close to see detail better.

Did you have to scroll using the "small little round thingie" or some other way?

Re: New Monitor [Re: oldbroad] #1239970
01/29/21 07:30 PM
01/29/21 07:30 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Online content
Draclvr  Online Content
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I found I had to move it back several inches. Yes, I have to use the little round thingie to scroll up and down the menu. But the fact that I can use an actual button to bring up the menu option and then just use it to scroll is huge. Using the round thingie to bring up menu items never failed to mess me up!

Re: New Monitor [Re: oldbroad] #1239976
01/29/21 08:00 PM
01/29/21 08:00 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad OP
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad OP
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Well, enjoy!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 77 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users