GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Discworld item bug #1280595
08/30/22 05:34 AM
08/30/22 05:34 AM
M
Mooboy2000 Offline OP
Junior Boomer
Mooboy2000  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
M

I don't know if anyone else has ever had this problem but I'm hoping for a little feedback and possible fix. I love Discworld, the pc version, and it's been a long time since I have played so I thought I'd load it up. I'm using a cdrip version with Scummvm since I can't get the digital audio for voices and sfx to work on dosbox.

Now, the game runs great, no graphical issues, all audio works fine with scumm, no errors at all...until I get to the point of using the ladder to look in the kitchen window and catch the pancake. Once I exit the scene and climb down the ladder, it's stuck on my mouse cursor, I can't put it away in the luggage, can't drop it, and can't talk to anyone or pickup anything else since it's on the cursor like I want to use it with something. I have tried multiple different saves, starting over, and even loading a later save which causes the same issue with anything I pickup out of the luggage or Rincewinds own inventory...could someone help?

Re: Discworld item bug [Re: Mooboy2000] #1280620
08/30/22 01:44 PM
08/30/22 01:44 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
welcome to GameBoomers, Mooboy2000.

We had someone else here in the past couple of years who was playing this game and was convinced that he had come up against a bug or two in this game but in fact he had not. Not saying that you may not have a genuine glitch but I am saying that this game can be very tricky.

I have no trouble at all getting this game to run in DOSBox without issues so not sure why you are, but I'm glad you got it working with ScummVM.

Anyway, I played this game many years ago and my recollection of it is almost nil. Until someone else comes along who might be able to help, my two suggestions would be to watch a YouTube video of this part of the game you are describing so you can see what is supposed to happen, at any rate.

Also, there are really good hints about the game here.

None of this may solve your problem, but you got to start somewhere. smile

Re: Discworld item bug [Re: Marian] #1280623
08/30/22 03:30 PM
08/30/22 03:30 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
A "ready tweaked for modern machines" version of all three Discworld games for PC is available HERE
if you are willing to pay the man for his work smile

I have all of them - from him - and they play wonderfully yes

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Draclvr, 1 invisible), 320 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users