GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Myst V #260384
01/10/08 11:37 AM
01/10/08 11:37 AM
wichita kansa
K
kozykat60 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
kozykat60  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

wichita kansa
I've decided to start playing myst v and I'm stuck already even with the walkthrough. I'm at the yellow pedestal where you press the yellow lit button and then you turn around and walk to the center of the room(which room?) and then press the red button for a free ride up. Where is the red button? I never saw it.

Re: Myst V [Re: kozykat60] #260394
01/10/08 11:46 AM
01/10/08 11:46 AM
Texas
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
kozy I didn't play this game so we'll have to wait for a vet of it to help you out.

Sue

Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream.
Kahlil Gibran
Re: Myst V [Re: kozykat60] #260673
01/10/08 07:20 PM
01/10/08 07:20 PM
Virginia
Jema Offline
Adept Boomer
Jema  Offline
Adept Boomer

Virginia
kozykat60,

This is from Coehlo Buda's walkthrough under "2. Cleft, Great Shaft and Dierbo" just after you pick up Yeesha's 7th Journal:

"Exit to the right or left as both lead to the same room. This is the bottom of the Great Shaft. Notice a raised cylinder in the centre of the room with a button atop it painted in red with a D'ni symbol. This button will only work after you have pressed the other two, so for now leave it as is. Continue across the room and exit through the opposite wall.

Follow the stairs to another timer machine. This one has a yellow button. Now that you know where all the buttons and machines are you can raise the floor. Remember that you will be on a timer so try to do it as quick as possible (although the time given is more than enough to perform the task).

Press the yellow button and exit the room to the bottom of the Great Shaft. Cross to the other side, go up the stairs and press the blue button. Return to the bottom of the Great Shaft and press the button on top of the raised cylinder in the middle of the room. Now relax and wait for the ride to end."

Hope this helps.

waveJema

Wouldn't that jar your mustard!
Re: Myst V [Re: Jema] #260683
01/10/08 07:32 PM
01/10/08 07:32 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
Thanks Jema

Sue thumbsup

Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream.
Kahlil Gibran
myst v #262305
01/14/08 11:16 AM
01/14/08 11:16 AM
wichita kansa
K
kozykat60 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
kozykat60  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

wichita kansa
now I'm at the heating pipes where you have to turn all the blue dots a certain way, can someone tell me how to get them to turn in the right direction? I can't get them to turn. Thanks for any help.
kozykat60

Re: myst v [Re: kozykat60] #262309
01/14/08 11:25 AM
01/14/08 11:25 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Let's wait for expert help, kozykat.

Also please one thread per game. I merged your 2 threads together. You can find all your postings in My Place at top of the page. luck

Re: myst v [Re: kozykat60] #262352
01/14/08 01:00 PM
01/14/08 01:00 PM
Virginia
Jema Offline
Adept Boomer
Jema  Offline
Adept Boomer

Virginia
Kozykat,

Are you in Taghira where you're trying to get steam in the pipes under the frozen lake? If so, did you flip the switches in the 6 huts or towers? That's what unlocks the blue and red levers so you can move them.

wave Jema

Wouldn't that jar your mustard!
Re: myst v [Re: Jema] #262654
01/15/08 12:49 AM
01/15/08 12:49 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Kozy,

These are tricky. First, you have to draw the Heat symbol and have the Bahro successfully start the "flash of light" which heats up the area. Then to turn the valves, they don't work like you would expect. Best way is to "grab" them on the bottom of the curved area, but drag them in the opposite direction you would expect. i.e., if you want to turn a valve to the right, grab the bottom and drag it to the right, and the valve goes in the right direction.

Let us know how you do!

Dadguy

Re: myst v [Re: dadguy] #262658
01/15/08 01:26 AM
01/15/08 01:26 AM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Thanks, Dadguy--good to have your help on these Myst problems...happydance

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: myst v [Re: dadguy] #262762
01/15/08 08:19 AM
01/15/08 08:19 AM
wichita kansa
K
kozykat60 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
kozykat60  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

wichita kansa
Thanks, I made sure all the switches were turned to the right, then tried the valves again, and still can't get them to turn. Could you get me just past that so I can continue to play the game? Thanks, I'm pretty sure I drew the drawing right because the tablet is gone, I just can't get the valves to turn.
If anyone can get me just past this part thanks. I did save it so I could go to it when I turn off the game.

Last edited by kozykat60; 01/15/08 12:43 PM. Reason: forgot to mention saved.
Re: myst v [Re: kozykat60] #263067
01/15/08 05:17 PM
01/15/08 05:17 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Kozy,

OK, here are the steps:

1. Start the "heat" by drawing the heat symbol and calling the Bahro, then dropping the slate and walking away (I like to back away so I can watch him).

2. If he recognizes the symbol, he'll raise his hands in the air and you'll see (and hear) a blinding flash of light meaning you have 90 seconds to set the valves (i.e., the heat has started). If you run out of time, the heat symbol shortcut will remain on your slate (lower left I think) so you won't have to draw it again... just click the shortcut and drop the slate to start the heat again. If the shortcut isn't there, you haven't had your symbol recognized yet.

3. If the "heat" is started successfully, the valves will pop-up a couple inches in the air, making them set-able. Follow my earlier suggestions on where to click and drag on the valves that are popped-up.

4. Make sure they are set correctly amd that you haven't confused the Blue valve settings with the Red (orange?) settings.

You might want to confirm back to us that

a. Yes, you are getting heat as I described above

b. Yes, the valves DID pop-up a couple inches.

c. Yes, by clicking and dragging the rounded bottom of each valve, you do see them rotating.

Let us know how you do!

Dadguy

Last edited by dadguy; 01/15/08 05:19 PM.
Re: myst v [Re: dadguy] #263099
01/15/08 06:37 PM
01/15/08 06:37 PM
wichita kansa
K
kozykat60 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
kozykat60  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

wichita kansa
Thanks dadguy, how do I get the slate back to make sure I drew it right, and go from there? The slate is gone now and don't know how to get it back to check and "just redo that part over".

Re: myst v [Re: kozykat60] #263233
01/15/08 11:23 PM
01/15/08 11:23 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

If the slate has disappeared, it is probably back at the place where you found it at the beginning of the Age...wave

Re: myst v [Re: kozykat60] #263244
01/15/08 11:39 PM
01/15/08 11:39 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
OK, here is a briefing on the workings of the slate and how the Bahro moves it.

1. If you draw a Heat symbol, and he recognizes it, he'll raise his arms and a flash will occur, confirming that the heat has been started. But he won't take the slate... he'll leave it there. You can:

- a. Go pick it up after he starts the heat and leaves.
- b. Or, when you drop it, drop it close to the valves so he won't come back and pick it up while you are working on the valves (because he won't come back if you are too close to the slate <he is shy>).
- c. If you leave the slate on the ground (and far enough away from you that he is not shy) after the heat is started, he'll come back eventually and take the slate and put it on the first pedestal (back at the beginning of the Age, Pedestal #1).
- d. If he didn't recognize the symbol for heat, he may take it immediatedly and return it to Pedestal #1... I can't remember for sure.

So, to answer your question, to get the slate back, just go to any Pedestal and click the "home" symbol (a white triangle I think) to go back to Pedestal #1 where you will find the slate and can bring it back. Don't go back and restart an older save... just go get the slate and try again.

Regarding "getting you past this puzzle", I am sorry to report that Myst V does not lend itself to save sharing (or else, I'd be happy to help you). The save structure is complex, multi-directories, and impractical to share. So, I recommend you focus on solving the puzzle to proceed.

I asked you to confirm a few questions in my last post (so that I could understand what was blocking you from solving the valves) but you didn't reply. Could you check that post and confirm (or deny) those last three issues that I posted? Then I can better help you. smile

Stay optimistic... we'll get through this one. smile

Dadguy

EDIT: Jenny, our posts crossed... you beat me to it! smile

Last edited by dadguy; 01/16/08 12:11 AM.
Re: myst v [Re: dadguy] #263467
01/16/08 12:24 PM
01/16/08 12:24 PM
wichita kansa
K
kozykat60 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
kozykat60  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

wichita kansa
hi dadguy, I finnally got the steam going and the bright lights and picked up the slate after he left, now the problem is when I return to the hut with the pedestal and link back to the linking bubble like the walkthru says, there is no sign by the anchor sign to press. What do I do now? I get dizzy just making sure I did the valves right and drop the slate, pick up slate and so on, but I still have no sign that is suppossed to be by the anchor.I forgot to mention that after the flash and heat, I still can't cross the lake. How can I cross it even when I see the path that was in the drawing in the hut?

Last edited by kozykat60; 01/16/08 03:06 PM.
Re: myst v [Re: dadguy] #263558
01/16/08 03:46 PM
01/16/08 03:46 PM
wichita kansa
K
kozykat60 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
kozykat60  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

wichita kansa
I was able to do the valves correctly, but I still can't get to the other side of the lake. I see the path on the lake but it doesn't get me to the other side. Whats wrong?

Re: myst v [Re: kozykat60] #263680
01/16/08 07:50 PM
01/16/08 07:50 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

KozyKat, are you absolutely sure that the valves are set correctly? They should be
Click to reveal..
In the case of the red switches you want to set them to (from left to right): left position, right position and left position. For the blue station, set the switches (left to right) like so: right position, left position, left position.

If the valves are set correctly, it's possible that you are running out of time between setting the valves and getting across the lake. If that is the case, just use the slate to ask the Bahro for more heat and the second time should get you across.

It's also possible that you are not following the path correctly. Do this
Click to reveal..
Be careful not to fall into the water or you'll have to restart the path. There is only one point where you can exit the path onto the ice on the other side. You can see it as a small tongue of ice that reaches close to the path on the upper left side of the lake.

See if those suggestions help...luck

Edit: btw, please don't "stack" your posts--if no-one has posted and you have something else to add, use the "edit" button at the bottom of each post to just add the new comment to your last post...wave

Last edited by Jenny; 01/16/08 07:52 PM. Reason: Add edit instructions

Re: myst v [Re: Jenny] #264401
01/18/08 08:53 AM
01/18/08 08:53 AM
wichita kansa
K
kozykat60 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
kozykat60  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

wichita kansa
thanks, I went back to check, and sure enough I had one valve wrong, anyways, now I'm able to move on and I'm at the part where the rock with the tree symbol is blocking my way. So I had to resort back to my restore game on that part and start again. How much time do they give so you can make it through that blocked doorway? never mind, I made it past that. Now I'm stuck with the drawing for the windmill part. I keep drawing it the best I can and nothing happens. Also, at the control part of the windmill, I don't see something being pulled up inside the building. Can you help?

Last edited by kozykat60; 01/18/08 11:08 AM. Reason: stuck at windmill
Re: myst v [Re: kozykat60] #264636
01/18/08 06:05 PM
01/18/08 06:05 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Hi Kozy,

Glad you got that valve fixed and solved the Noloben puzzles. smile

Here is my summary description of the Windmill Controls in Laki'ahn from an old post:

Click to reveal..

Start the wind (with the three wavy lines symbol on the slate); you have 90 seconds to work the controls, but can always start the wind a second and third time.

Note: If you drop the slate right at the bottom of the ramp (but not blocking the path up the ramp) to the Windmill controls, it should be close enough that the Bahro won't come and take it while you are adjusting the controls. If you drop it too far away, he'll come and take it back to pedestal #1, and you'll have to make the long walk to retrieve it if you need to activate the wind again.

- LEFT lever activates the controls. Hit it once each time after you start the wind.

- SECOND FROM LEFT lever raises the cage. If you raise it too high, hit it again to lower it once. You should only have to pull this once.

- RIGHT lever rotates the cage. If you rotate it too far, hit it again and check again till you have it right. (You should have to pull this one twice to rotate the cage properly)

- LEFT button opens the triangular doors to the Arena. You can see them open thru the wind from the windmill controls (upper left).

- RIGHT button does nothing. Leave it alone.

Go back and forth from the windmill controls to the cage... if it isn't right (now that you know what does what) go back, start the wind, activate the controls and move something to get it right. The cage can only be rotated four directions. Try each one. You can see the triangular door open, so open it and leave that button alone.

Good luck,

Dadguy

Last edited by dadguy; 01/18/08 06:06 PM.
Re: myst v [Re: dadguy] #266196
01/21/08 11:50 AM
01/21/08 11:50 AM
wichita kansa
K
kozykat60 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
kozykat60  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

wichita kansa
I have tried all that, nothing works. The cage didn't even move. Am I supposed to touch the wind sign on the slate, drop it close enough to the ramp(but not blocking), and then work the controls? Let me know a.s.a.p. please, thanks, kozy

Last edited by kozykat60; 01/21/08 12:24 PM.
Re: myst v [Re: kozykat60] #266292
01/21/08 01:29 PM
01/21/08 01:29 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Kozy, this is what I found in another walkthrough:
Click to reveal..
take a look at your slate. If you got the Bahro to call the wind then there will be a little wavy lined icon down on the left. Touch the icon, drop the slate and back off.

After the Bahro has called the wind, pick up your slate and climb to the control panel. Pull the left lever to engage the mechanism. Pull the middle lever to raise the central part of the cage. Now pull the right hand lever three times to rotate the cage.

When the wind stops, return to the cage and you should now be able to get to the pedestal. If you can't, you need to adjust the position of the central cage.

On the pedestal, note the double triangle that represents the cages. Put your slate on the pedestal and link to the bubble by touching the central icon. There should now be a 'cage' icon on the pedestal:

Touch it and link back to the cage.

Your next task is to open the gates and rotate the central cage so you can see where the tunnel leads. Leave the cage, touch the wind icon and drop the slate. When the Bahro has gone, pick up the slate and go to the controls. Pull the left lever to engage the controls, press the left button to open the gates and pull the right lever 3 times to rotate the cage.

When the wind stops, make your way back to the bubble and link to the cage - don't forget to take your slate.

The way should now be clear to get to the Arena.

Maybe that will help you--if not, I'll see if I can get Dadguy back again...wave

Re: myst v [Re: Jenny] #266525
01/21/08 08:32 PM
01/21/08 08:32 PM
wichita kansa
K
kozykat60 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
kozykat60  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

wichita kansa
how do I get bahro to draw the wind sign? I thoght I did what I was supposed to when I went to see the wind sign on the rock and then went on from there, and went to the back of the windmill and I drew it on the slate. After that, I dropped the slate where I was supposed to and still no wind sigh on the left side of slate.
kozy

Re: myst v [Re: kozykat60] #266544
01/21/08 09:18 PM
01/21/08 09:18 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Those Bahro are notoriously picky about the signs that you draw, Kozy--without being able to see it I can't tell for sure, but it is certainly possible that you just aren't drawing it quite the way the Bahro wants you to.

Have you checked the walkthroughs here at GameBoomers? There are one or two that have pictures--one of them might help here...wave

Re: myst v [Re: Jenny] #266552
01/21/08 09:38 PM
01/21/08 09:38 PM
wichita kansa
K
kozykat60 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
kozykat60  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

wichita kansa
Thanks, I'll check and see and let you know.

Re: myst v [Re: kozykat60] #267230
01/23/08 01:13 AM
01/23/08 01:13 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Hi Kozy,

I am not sure what you mean by "nothing works", but I will guess that the "wind" is not starting. You can't miss the wind... you can hear it and the sand is flying making making everything look like a wind storm.

If the wind is not started, the Bahro didn't recognize the drawing of the three curvy lines. Without it the windmill controls won't work. Keep trying.

Get that symbol recognized then follow my instruction and you should be OK.

Dadguy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 277 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users