GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Azada - Am I the Only One? #276087
02/09/08 10:51 AM
02/09/08 10:51 AM
G
GPM Offline OP
Settled Boomer
GPM  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
G

Am I the only one who found Azada too hard? It just didn't provide quite enough hints/passes for me.

There were a couple of mini-games with strategies I just couldn't figure out (and **I know** there were occasions when I had a correct solution with respect to those @#$% matches but the game wouldn't give me credit for it! lol )

I even looked at a couple of different walkthroughs (which I have never done with casual games) but the hints for the mini-games I had trouble with were generally along the lines of "you might want to save a pass for this one." And unfortunately, I needed more passes than I had!

I know that a lot of you are clearly much cleverer when it comes to these games than I am (and the developers - wow, their IQs probably lap mine!), but I don't think I'm entirely stupid. I figured out all of Madame Fate's mini-games without assistance, but with Azada I just had to keep going back and restarting and restarting - until finally it just seemed more like work than a game!

It's the only game I have that I haven't finished. sad

While I definitely like it that techniques for casual game play continue to develop in creative, interesting and challenging ways (although the 'ville games do a really good job with story integration and game length, for example, I'm a little tired of the never-changing game technique and, while I thought that what was there was very nicely executed, I didn't find anything new or particularly interesting in Blood Ties), Azada caused me to wonder if there'll come a time when all the new casual games will fall into one of two categories - either the mind-numbingly boring or the New York Times crossword-level hard!

Anyway, I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who had that experience with Azada?

Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: GPM] #276088
02/09/08 10:54 AM
02/09/08 10:54 AM
FORT PIERCE, FLORIDA USA
PATSY Offline
Addicted Boomer
PATSY  Offline
Addicted Boomer

FORT PIERCE, FLORIDA USA
No you are definitely not the only one. I also never finished it. I just moved on & enjoyed the rest of them.

PATSY
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: GPM] #276093
02/09/08 10:59 AM
02/09/08 10:59 AM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
I'm still working on Azada as well! I think I'm on Chapter 7 or 8. Some of the rooms are difficult but in a good way (i.e., not just straight hidden object). I'm a die hard adventure gamer so the Azada "rooms" are right up my alley.

Which other puzzles gave you problems?

My problem is that I used up my orbs too soon and ended up starting the game over again because I just can't do some of the puzzles no matter what (pawns being one of them!). I'm going to keep trying though because I love the challenges but I might just start over again to save all my orbs for pawns.

The matchsticks were also a little frustrating. I think there are only certain areas you can drag them to. At least that's my impression.

Another few that I have problems with are colours (I just can't sit still long enough to pay attention to each sequence) and squares. Those darn squares! razz

Having said all that though, I do love the game and it's the first casual game I ever played and what prompted me to join BFG. smile

Last edited by misa; 02/09/08 11:12 AM.
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: PATSY] #276095
02/09/08 11:00 AM
02/09/08 11:00 AM
Sumrall, MS
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer
raylinstephens  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sumrall, MS
No GPM, it was difficult for many of us. I did manage to complete the game but if memory serves there are 2 sites for help and I think possibly Sally might have explained a little better than Gamezebo in MHO.

Have you found both sites for help? If not I will google them and post the URLs for you.

Linda

Gamezebo and MinuteGamer are the ones I used. I had trouble mainly with the match-sticks. I always feel like a dummy when I see the solution but I can't remember them from playing to playing again so don't feel badly. I am just glad there is help out there for us. Because of your post I am playing it again and already stuck at the first match puzzle again.

Have fun!
Linda

Matchstick solutions for most variations.

Last edited by raylinstephens; 02/09/08 01:23 PM.

So many games, so little time.
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: raylinstephens] #276105
02/09/08 11:19 AM
02/09/08 11:19 AM
G
GPM Offline OP
Settled Boomer
GPM  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
G

Oh, you guys are so sweet! It really does help to know I'm not alone!

The pawns! The pawns! I will **never** master the pawns!

If I remember correctly, I finally got through a couple of the earlier levels (and candidly, it was totally trial and error), but as the game progresses, it changes up the number of pawns you need and, while I could be wrong, I don't think you can get enough orbs/hints/passes or whatever they're called to pass all of them.

And the matches! I see that there are dotted lines that appear after some of the matches I've placed are subsequently removed, but I don't know what they mean. Is that a good place for a match? A bad place? And oh, yeah, I'm pretty sure more lines will appear than there are matches - so perhaps it means nothing at all? And I repeat: The game does NOT credit all legitimate match configurations! LOL

Actually, I think those are the only two games I'm having trouble with - but, so far at least, it's been enough to sink my ship!

Linda, I don't want you to go to a lot of trouble on my behalf but, if you want to post URLS for sites that you thought were good, I would definitely look at them and perhaps others would benefit from them as well.

And thank you all again so much for your speedy and kind replies!

Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: GPM] #276108
02/09/08 11:22 AM
02/09/08 11:22 AM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
The pawns will always be my downfall. I never even managed to get the first one done where you leave only 4 pawns let alone leaving only 3 or 2. razz

Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: misa] #276121
02/09/08 11:43 AM
02/09/08 11:43 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I truly believe that our brains are all programmed differently and there are things that are easy for some, that I could stare at and not get in a million years, and other things I cannot understand how someone doesn't see the answers.

I thought Azada was a great challenge and I did finished it except for the robots. I could not get that little bugger if my life depended on it. lol

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: GPM] #276123
02/09/08 11:50 AM
02/09/08 11:50 AM
Indiana
Koalanut Offline
Settled Boomer
Koalanut  Offline
Settled Boomer

Indiana
No GPM, I tried the hour trial period and never bought the game. I love the puzzles, but after an hour, I felt so pushed and I knew I didn't have the time to finish the level and would have to start it again. I just didn't like the time element where it meant the whole level would have to be started over, not just a puzzle. Just wasn't my cup of tea.

Koalanut

So many games, so little time....
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: GPM] #276139
02/09/08 12:17 PM
02/09/08 12:17 PM
Mt Prospect, Illinois
butterflybabe Offline
Addicted Boomer
butterflybabe  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Mt Prospect, Illinois
I loved Azada and was able to finish the game. But those matchsticks and the pawns were also difficult for me. I definitely used an orb for the matchsticks and two more orbs for a couple of the other puzzles that drove me nuts. Plus I used hints for some of the sticker adventure type riddles. I agree that the color puzzles are aggravating, especially when the color doesn't look like I think it should. I found that if I note the colors that appear on a piece of paper with just the initial of the colors name, that seems to help, and is the only way I got thru that puzzle.
wave

Life's a puzzle; one piece at a time.
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: butterflybabe] #276220
02/09/08 03:35 PM
02/09/08 03:35 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
I used to play peg solitaire (pawns) a lot as a kid, I enjoyed those puzzles whenever they popped up. Once I got the hang of the matchsticks, those were fun too. Misa, you're right, there is a limited area to where you can drag the matchsticks. It isn't very clear.

I found a few of the room-escape puzzles very difficult, but they were the ones I looked forward to playing the most, so I couldn't grumble. grin

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: Rushes] #276263
02/09/08 05:14 PM
02/09/08 05:14 PM
L
Lyan Offline
Junior Boomer
Lyan  Offline
Junior Boomer
L

Hello,

i read the post on the forum and i dont know if you are interested in this information. You can find a complete azada walkthrough on a german casual game site. Its on a forum and the guide is written in english.

You can find it here: Azada Walkthrough

I hope this will help you.

The Site just opened the gates and they will sell all casual games at 30% discount. You find all english games here: http://www.free-gamer.de/freegamer/

The Discount Code is: rpgwelten

Greetings
Lyan

Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: Rushes] #276270
02/09/08 05:48 PM
Sumrall, MS
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer
raylinstephens  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sumrall, MS
FYI, the trick that works with me with the pawns is to go around the circle. Work one branch and work your way around the other branches with the pawns. I am trying to say empty one arm at a time to solve it.

I just googled peg game solution and it comes up with several page hits.

Explanation of the game with strategy here

I grew up with this game before computers and practically before television - gosh I feel so old. Anyway, we manually jumped the pegs. I was never able to start and end in any specific hole but the Azada puzzles are doable if you read the strategy at the above link. Just trying to help.

I cheat for the matches, sadly, I just can never remember any trick for solving them.

Linda

So many games, so little time.
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: Lyan] #276271
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks Lyan, Sally(MG) the owner of that walkthrough is a member here and has provided it to us many times in the Azada threads. luck with your site!

Sally, has the game puzzles catgorized with links Here.

Aba wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #276321
02/09/08 07:13 PM
02/09/08 07:13 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
PMcOuntry Offline
Settled Boomer
PMcOuntry  Offline
Settled Boomer

Pennsylvania, USA
It took me a good week to finish Azada and that was playing it several hours a day w/the help of my nephew, lol. I had to skip several puzzles that I could not get passed. Others I had to look up solutions for if I was out of orbs to pass the puzzles.

I remember playing peg games as a kid and also the game Mastermind which they had only with colored ink.

Last edited by PMcOuntry; 02/09/08 07:15 PM.

Patricia

Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: PMcOuntry] #276382
02/09/08 09:34 PM
02/09/08 09:34 PM
land gal just wanna have fun
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

land gal just wanna have fun
oK, I confess I bought it and did not finish the game also. If only game developers would put a skip on these puzzles so they do not turn into a waste of money. Dream Chronicles I finished easily but I hope this isn't ruined with the new version coming. So now we have officially started the unfinished Azada club. LOL

Sherryah
Life is like an adventure game without a walkthrough.

Last edited by Sherryah; 02/09/08 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: Sherryah] #276490
02/10/08 05:25 AM
02/10/08 05:25 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
I just bought Azada yesterday. It sounds like a very challenging game. Thanks for the wakthru site Lyan. Sounds like I'm going to need it.

Gerry
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: Sherryah] #276757
02/10/08 02:04 PM
02/10/08 02:04 PM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Count me in the club. I really liked the game till I used up my skips and had to start over. I got to level 7 before I gave up for good. Some puzzles were great and I love puzzle games but some were just too frustrating if you didn't have the option to skip. Also really enjoyed Dream Chronicles and I'm looking forward to the next one but Azada will sit on the shelf unfinished.

Gail
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: GBC] #276797
02/10/08 03:00 PM
02/10/08 03:00 PM
L
Lyan Offline
Junior Boomer
Lyan  Offline
Junior Boomer
L

Uhm. I didnt read all threads bout Azada. Im rlly sorry that i double or tripple post the Walkthrough. Im silly as heck. Well, lets keep a long story short: Sorry.

I will keep this site in mind. In my opinion guides are unnecessary. On the one hand you want to finish the game and youre stuck. Thats frustrating for sure. But on the other hand ill get angry if i cant do this on my own smile. I hope youll catch me cause my english's not that good. Bummer, cause i like the language wink.

Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: Lyan] #277116
02/11/08 08:24 AM
02/11/08 08:24 AM
Bonney Lake, Washington
sarahandus Offline
Settled Boomer
sarahandus  Offline
Settled Boomer

Bonney Lake, Washington

I'm joining the club of Azada non-finishers. I just couldn't do the robot and starting over repeatedly was just too frustrating. For me the walkthrough just seemed to be about the easy puzzles, without much help for things like the robot or pawns.

Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: sarahandus] #277140
02/11/08 09:28 AM
02/11/08 09:28 AM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
I had a difficult time with Robots the first time around until I noticed that the arrows time-out after awhile. So the key is to know where you're going to place all your arrows but don't do it too far in advance. smile

I do wish that there were some step-by-step guides for something like Pawns -- my brain just can't do that one! There are a few You Tube videos for Towers but I was able to do all the ones that came up.

Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: Rushes] #277168
02/11/08 10:57 AM
02/11/08 10:57 AM
Ontario, Canada
jldcat Offline
Addicted Boomer
jldcat  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ontario, Canada
For some really strange reason I had very little problem with Azada where normally with those kind of puzzle games I do. I hated the matchisticks also, I would even pause the game and try to work it out on a piece of paper but for some reason the solution I came up on paper wasn't allowed on the screen......Oh well I used my passes on the matchsticks anyway.

I wish there were more games like this on the market, they really tax the brain power.

The breeze from one door closing opens another.
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: jldcat] #277187
02/11/08 11:40 AM
02/11/08 11:40 AM
Illinois
PhantomReader Offline
Settled Boomer
PhantomReader  Offline
Settled Boomer

Illinois
I love Azada too JLD, surprisingly didn't have too much trouble with it...If you have a Nintendo DS, you might want to pick up the game Professor Layton and the Curious Village...tons and tons of brainteasers. It came out yesterday, I was at gamestop when they opened and I couldn't put it down all day! I needed something while waiting for Azada 2!

Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: PhantomReader] #277191
02/11/08 11:42 AM
02/11/08 11:42 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Ohh Phantom, that sounds wonderful. Is it timed?

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: looney4labs] #277193
02/11/08 11:53 AM
02/11/08 11:53 AM
Illinois
PhantomReader Offline
Settled Boomer
PhantomReader  Offline
Settled Boomer

Illinois
Nope, not timed...I spent about 4 hours playing it yesterday (when I could wrangle it away from my niece) and I am totally hooked. You can read about it here: Professor Layton

Re: Azada - Am I the Only One? [Re: PhantomReader] #277194
02/11/08 11:59 AM
02/11/08 11:59 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks Phantom, I'll have to check it out puppy

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Draclvr), 280 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users