GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
AnaCapri...need serious help with Scopa game/boat #417773
11/05/08 08:43 PM
11/05/08 08:43 PM
PA
cathym Offline OP
Shy Boomer
cathym  Offline OP
Shy Boomer

PA
Hi there,
I am finding this game really frustrating! I never finished playing Capri for the same reason, but I thought maybe AnaCapri would be an improvement. Not so much...

I'm supposed to be playing a game of Scopa with the guy who will let me use his boat if I beat him once (I have forgotten his name at the moment...Rocco or something).

However, I've won several rounds, but nothing happens other than another hand is dealt. If I click out of the card game, the guy tells me to come back when I'm a better player.

The manual and the walkthrough both say you can bypass the game by going to a certain frame, but they don't tell you how to do it. I have the frame numbers enabled in the corner of my screen and I can put my cursor there, but I can't type in the box to change it.

I've tried everything within my power, but I get nowhere. I can't get the guy to give me his boat by beating him at Scopa, and I can't bypass the Scopa game, so I'm totally stuck at this point and I'm getting really annoyed! I've been playing this game for a week and I would really hate to just give up, but I am at a total loss.
mad

can anyone help?

Cathy

Re: AnaCapri...need serious help with Scopa game/boat [Re: cathym] #417776
11/05/08 08:50 PM
11/05/08 08:50 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

It is written in the walkthrough.

Quote:
Bypass - Go to frame 3945. The number of the frame is seen at bottom right if you have checked it in the main menu.

Turn around, go first left to enter the room and move the cursor to the rightmost bottle in a wood box. The cursor will change to a cross. Click on bottle and now the card game is won. The boat for the Blue Grotto is waiting for you. Hear a sound.

You might not have read the second paragraph.

Re: AnaCapri...need serious help with Scopa game/boat [Re: MaG] #417780
11/05/08 09:00 PM
11/05/08 09:00 PM
PA
cathym Offline OP
Shy Boomer
cathym  Offline OP
Shy Boomer

PA
Yes, I did see that. the problem is getting to frame 3945. The walkthrough doesn't explain how to get to that frame. When I get there, that's when I'm supposed to do the bottle in the box thing. But I'm not able to get to frame 3945. At one point, I'm getting close to it as I'm moving forward (I think I got to 3945), but suddenly the next frame is a different number altogether. I can't find that 3945 anywhere!

BUT maybe the walkthrough IS trying to say that I'm supposed to go to frame 3945 by putting myself there, and not by entering the frame number.

I'm going to give it one more try. Maybe the tenth time is the charm...

Thank you for the help. I'll post back if I get it to work -- or if I don't!

Cathy
------------
Ok. That was exactly it. I must have missed a turn at one point, because I finally found frame 3945 and did what it said, and now I think I'm on my way to the boat!

Thanks again!

Last edited by MaG; 11/05/08 10:13 PM. Reason: combined stacked posts
Re: AnaCapri...need serious help with Scopa game/boat [Re: cathym] #417824
11/05/08 10:17 PM
11/05/08 10:17 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Glad you got through now. Enjoy the game.

Please use the edit button to add info to a recent post and no one has posted after you. It helps us. Thanks.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (oldbroad, Urban Worrier, dorish, 1 invisible), 265 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users