GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge #426743
11/22/08 06:05 PM
11/22/08 06:05 PM
behind you
J
Jonas Kyratzes Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Jonas Kyratzes  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
J

behind you

More info and the (free) download here:
http://www.jonas-kyratzes.net/?page_id=95

And a description nicked from my website:

When the inventor/magician known as Old Man Bill suddenly disappears from his house in the middle of the desert, his friends, companions and pets start worrying: what could have happened? To solve this sinister mystery, they call upon their old acquaintance, pretentious game designer Jonas Kyratzes, who builds a magical portal into the Lands of Dream. Using this portal, YOU can now interact with the wondrous and colourful world of the house at Desert Bridge, and help Harold the Talking Picture Frame and his friends locate their master, Old Man Bill.

In reality, The Strange and Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge is a transdimensional portal - but if your friends don’t believe you, tell them it is something of an old-school adventure game, with wonderful hand-drawn graphics, beautiful music and a lot of humour. Or, if they’re more into feature lists, you could say something like this:

* Colourful hand-drawn graphics!
* Beautiful music!
* A lot of humour! (Some of it funny.)
* And some serious bits, too.
* Red herrings! (Literal and metaphorical.)
* A dinosaur in the garden!
* Many fascinating characters to meet!
* Non-linear structure! (More or less.)
* More content than you can shake a wet carrot at!
* The only inventory system ever to feature the “gerbelize” option!
* Not a single annoying action sequence or minigame!
* Brew potions! (Even some useful ones!)
* A lot fewer exclamation marks than this list!
* Freeware!

I will gladly respond to questions and stuff here, but not before tomorrow - for now, I need to rest a little. I haven't announced the release anywhere else yet, precisely because I am so tired, but since most of my beta testers came from GameBoomers, I figured it would make sense to announce the game here first.

A note: before you download the game, read the full description. This game is funny and colourful, but it's not a children's game, and people who are easily offended by language should stay away, because even though this is not an "adult" game in any way, it is nevertheless very likely to offend them. Probably intentionally. The creatures of Desert Bridge are very opinionated, you know.

Enjoy!

Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: Jonas Kyratzes] #426745
11/22/08 06:09 PM
11/22/08 06:09 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Thanks, Jonas! Downloading it right now. thumbsup

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: Rushes] #426746
11/22/08 06:12 PM
11/22/08 06:12 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks Jonas!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #426795
11/22/08 08:05 PM
11/22/08 08:05 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Congratulations Jonas!

Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: Becky] #426802
11/22/08 08:15 PM
11/22/08 08:15 PM
Northeast NJ
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer
Darleen03  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Northeast NJ
thanks Jonas...

Lots of luck with your game & Best Wishes !!!

Luv Dar

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"
Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: Darleen03] #426935
11/23/08 02:29 AM
11/23/08 02:29 AM
Texas
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
nickie  Offline
Adept Boomer

Texas
It would take me 2 hours and 47 minutes to download it on my dial-up. Could you please instead burn it to disc, and send it to me along with glossy, autographed pictures of Bob the Spider? And can I please have in writing that it won't give me nightmares like your other game did? Well never mind all that, it downloaded while I typed, but I did want to know if you're ever going to make the game you were thinking of making some years ago influenced by William Blake?

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: nickie] #426939
11/23/08 02:54 AM
11/23/08 02:54 AM
Pacific NW
ChrisMM Offline
Shy Boomer
ChrisMM  Offline
Shy Boomer

Pacific NW
Ooh, I want an autographed photo of Bob the Spider, too.

Already downloaded and playing, and enjoying it very much, thank you! Though I suspect the music will end up in my dreams tonight.

Finished the game and edited to add: Oh, now, see, that's no fair--that's two games now where (possible spoiler? just to be safe)
Click to reveal..
you made me cry--Museum being the other. And seriously, there aren't any other games that have done that for me. A little bit sad, because he didn't believe in them enough to stay, but mostly happy if soppy tears, because they believed enough for him. *sniffle*

Last edited by ChrisMM; 11/23/08 03:52 AM.
Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: ChrisMM] #426972
11/23/08 06:10 AM
11/23/08 06:10 AM
behind you
J
Shy Boomer
Shy Boomer
J

behind you
Originally Posted By: ChrisMM
Ooh, I want an autographed photo of Bob the Spider, too.

Already downloaded and playing, and enjoying it very much, thank you! Though I suspect the music will end up in my dreams tonight.

Finished the game and edited to add: Oh, now, see, that's no fair--that's two games now where (possible spoiler? just to be safe)
Click to reveal..
you made me cry--Museum being the other. And seriously, there aren't any other games that have done that for me. A little bit sad, because he didn't believe in them enough to stay, but mostly happy if soppy tears, because they believed enough for him. *sniffle*

Now, the really odd thing is this: when you say that about Museum, I feel proud as an artist. But when you say it about Desert Bridge, I feel proud as a... a parent, I guess. It doesn't feel like I did anything at all. They did it.
Which I guess is what Bob the Spider was going on about in the first place. Little monster, taking away my shot at fame...

Originally Posted By: nickie
It would take me 2 hours and 47 minutes to download it on my dial-up. Could you please instead burn it to disc, and send it to me along with glossy, autographed pictures of Bob the Spider? And can I please have in writing that it won't give me nightmares like your other game did? Well never mind all that, it downloaded while I typed, but I did want to know if you're ever going to make the game you were thinking of making some years ago influenced by William Blake?

I don't think it will give you nightmares. And I'd love to give you autographs of Bob the Spider, but I can't afford them. The little monster charges too much. One of these days he'll probably just take over my website and start selling autographs online. Who needs all that other stuff, anyway?

As for good old Bill, I mean William Blake, several of my games are very much influenced by his work, including this one. The two games I'd talked about here - The Urthona Revolution and The Dreamstone - will both be made. The Urthona Revolution will take some time because it is very challenging on a graphics level, and The Dreamstone will probably be absorbed into the next game set in the Lands of Dream. (Oh yes, there will be more. Not exactly sequels, but related games.)

Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: Jonas Kyratzes] #427083
11/23/08 11:18 AM
11/23/08 11:18 AM
Texas
nickie Offline
nickie  Offline
Adept Boomer

Texas
Thanks Jonas, I played a little bit and most thought provoking.

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: nickie] #427329
11/23/08 08:29 PM
11/23/08 08:29 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
I enjoyed the game, there were some fun puzzles. I particularly liked playing with the potions. Loved the humour and the interaction with the inventory. grin

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: Rushes] #427645
11/24/08 02:03 PM
11/24/08 02:03 PM
Germany
seagul Offline
Settled Boomer
seagul  Offline
Settled Boomer

Germany
Thanks Jonas, I'm happy to be given the possibilty to play another of your games.
I love them all - they all hit my heart!

Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: seagul] #428450
11/26/08 09:54 AM
11/26/08 09:54 AM
behind you
J
Shy Boomer
Shy Boomer
J

behind you
I'm glad everyone's liking the game so far!

BTW - if any of you have any ideas as to how I could promote the game a little, get the word out there, I would love to know. I've submitted news to most of the adventure sites, but it takes a while for news to go up, and a couple of sites seem to have disappeared. Same goes for freeware sites - where do people get their freeware games these days? It kind of stinks to release a game and then not be able to get it to the people who would enjoy it.

Anyway, if you have any ideas or suggestions, I would be very glad to hear them.

Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: Jonas Kyratzes] #428453
11/26/08 09:57 AM
11/26/08 09:57 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Jonas, there are dozens of sites Listed here.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #428789
11/26/08 09:54 PM
11/26/08 09:54 PM
Texas
nickie Offline
nickie  Offline
Adept Boomer

Texas
I think there is more to click on that isn't inventory necessary than any game I have ever played. A lot of it is funny. I very much enjoyed talking to the mushrooms!

Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: nickie] #428892
11/27/08 05:46 AM
11/27/08 05:46 AM
L
LindaMarion Offline
Settled Boomer
LindaMarion  Offline
Settled Boomer
L

Is there a walkthruogh anywhere?

Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: LindaMarion] #429160
11/27/08 07:04 PM
11/27/08 07:04 PM
behind you
J
Shy Boomer
Shy Boomer
J

behind you
Originally Posted By: LindaMarion
Is there a walkthruogh anywhere?

Not yet. I'm sure someone will write one sooner or later, though. If you're really stuck on something, you can always ask me.

BTW, if anyone's interested, the wonderful Helen Trevillion has made the soundtrack available separately here: http://faefly-records.co.uk/amongtheivorystars/?p=598.

Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: Jonas Kyratzes] #429514
11/28/08 02:41 PM
11/28/08 02:41 PM
Québec
Chief Offline
Adept Boomer
Chief  Offline
Adept Boomer

Québec
Jonas, see your PM please.

Chief

Chief
Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: Chief] #429642
11/28/08 07:20 PM
11/28/08 07:20 PM
behind you
J
Shy Boomer
Shy Boomer
J

behind you
Originally Posted By: Chief
Jonas, see your PM please.

Chief

Done, and replied!

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: Jonas Kyratzes] #429648
11/28/08 07:30 PM
11/28/08 07:30 PM
Québec
Chief Offline
Adept Boomer
Chief  Offline
Adept Boomer

Québec
Jonas, could you please PM again by clicking on my avatar and give again your answer.

I deleted inadvertently my PM.

Thanks.

Chief

Chief
Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: Chief] #431144
12/01/08 06:00 PM
12/01/08 06:00 PM
Québec
Chief Offline
Adept Boomer
Chief  Offline
Adept Boomer

Québec
Jonas, could you again check your PM please.

Thanks.

Chief wave

Chief
Re: Released: The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge [Re: Chief] #431177
12/01/08 07:46 PM
12/01/08 07:46 PM
behind you
J
Shy Boomer
Shy Boomer
J

behind you
Done, done. No need to post here - I check my emails regularly! You might even say obsessively.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 228 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users