GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Midnight Synergy Releases Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island #452860
01/19/09 10:46 AM
01/19/09 10:46 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Great news for the fans of the Wonderland Adventure series!

Quote:
Midnight Synergy Releases Mysteries of Fire Island

January 19th, 2009 - Midnight Synergy announces the next chapter in the best-selling and award-winning Wonderland saga with the release of Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island.

Mysteries of Fire Island is a puzzle adventure game for Windows based computers that combines the look and feel of a casual console RPG with an innovative mouse-driven puzzle mechanic. To solve the game's many puzzles, you must interact with different creatures, collaborate with NPCs, and control mechanical objects. As you progress through the game, a variety of
magic powers are introduced which allow you to manipulate objects, create matter, and even travel through time.

As the game begins, the safety of Wonderland is threatened once more. But the quest to save this world goes terribly wrong. Shipwrecked and marooned on the shores of the mysterious Fire Island, you are cast into an epic adventure filled with new discoveries, ancient secrets, and a surprising conclusion.

Mysteries of Fire Islands weaves its main story through over one hundred mini-adventures, allowing you to enjoy the game for either minutes or hours at a time. Individual adventures combine both action and puzzle challenges that are designed to test both your wit and your reflexes. The game also features enhanced visuals, a new symphonic musical score, as well as access to the online Wonderland player community with over ten thousand members.

Priced at only $19.95 USD, Mysteries of Fire Island requires a Windows based PC to play and is available for immediate download from Midnight Synergy's website.

You can download Mysteries of Fire Island Here.

There is a demo available Here.

Happy Gaming and as always, stop back here and tell us what you think!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Midnight Synergy Releases Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #452886
01/19/09 11:27 AM
01/19/09 11:27 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Ana, do you know if each adventure stands alone, or is it necessary to have played the previous ones to understand it? puppy

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Midnight Synergy Releases Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island [Re: looney4labs] #452891
01/19/09 11:36 AM
01/19/09 11:36 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

They are stand alones. I started on the second one in the series I think and after liking it tried the first one. Betty Lou led me astray. wink

Re: Midnight Synergy Releases Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island [Re: MaG] #452897
01/19/09 11:48 AM
01/19/09 11:48 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
thanks MaG puppy

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Midnight Synergy Releases Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island [Re: looney4labs] #452952
01/19/09 01:24 PM
01/19/09 01:24 PM
Ca.
gaily Offline
Settled Boomer
gaily  Offline
Settled Boomer

Ca.
These sound intriguing and I am looking around to try some different types of games. I would enjoy hearing what veteran's like MaG also enjoyed about these games. These are "puzzle" games? Are they all variations on a theme (e.g. figure out how to get from part A to part B around obstacles) How tricky are the hand/eye maneuvers? I liked the Azada games. All input is appreciated. wave

gaily
Re: Midnight Synergy Releases Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island [Re: gaily] #452966
01/19/09 01:50 PM
01/19/09 01:50 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content OP
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
gaily, did you miss the free announcement here or did you get to try that one? It's over now, but maybe they'll do it again with the new release out. duh

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Midnight Synergy Releases Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #452983
01/19/09 02:40 PM
01/19/09 02:40 PM
Ca.
gaily Offline
Settled Boomer
gaily  Offline
Settled Boomer

Ca.
Hi Ana,
Yes, I guess I missed it. It does seem to be liked by all who wrote in, though, doesn't it? sleep I lose, I guess. Any other thoughts about these games?

gaily
Re: Midnight Synergy Releases Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island [Re: gaily] #453105
01/19/09 08:50 PM
01/19/09 08:50 PM
Pennsylvania
S
stellaluna Offline
Shy Boomer
stellaluna  Offline
Shy Boomer
S

Pennsylvania
I loved the first 3 Wonderland games, but didn't get so much into the 4th (and probably would feel the same about the 5th). But that's me, and Wonderland "nutters" love all of them.

I've never owned a better-value game than Return to Wonderland, the deluxe edition (with the platinum add-on which I think is free) primarily because there's a level-editor and a robust community that churns out user-made levels at a rapid clip. I have literally hundreds of these extra levels, all free, many quite excellent, and every month there are dozens more. It's like the game that never ends. If you like level editors, you can both play and create (and share.) (One of the Wonderland community people runs a website where she offers a month's worth of user levels, along with all of the past levels, for download).

They are very puzzle-y games. The timer can be turned off (I always do this), and levels vary between brain-teasers and quick-response plays. Every Wonderland game I've ever played has a set of tutorials that progress in difficulty. I personally think these are among the best puzzle games out there.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (manxman), 462 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users