GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Space Quest and King's Quest series now on Steam #528044
07/25/09 12:22 PM
07/25/09 12:22 PM
United Kingdom
SkeeterUK Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
SkeeterUK  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
Space Quest Series:

About the Game

Relive the classic series brought together in one collection.

* Roger Wilco, a sanitation engineer on the spacelab Arcada, awakes from a nap to discover that space pirates have killed everyone onboard. Roger must escape The Sarien Encounter before they use the Arcada's Star Generator against his home planet of Xenon.

* Hero and recipient of the Golden Mop, Roger Wilco can barely bask in the promotion of head janitor before he is abducted by the evil Sludge Vohaul. Will Roger escape the dangerous Labion Terror Beast and thwart Vohaul's Revenge?

* Another narrow escape finds our hero on Phleebhut, where Arnoid the Annihilator wants Roger to settle some debts. Meanwhile, the sinister CEO of ScumSoft and The Pirates of Pestulon have abducted the Two Guys from Andromeda, and Ace Janitor Roger Wilco is their only hope.

* The Sequel police have been sent by a reborn Sludge Vohaul to exact his final revenge. Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers must travel throughout Space Quests past and future to save Roger Jr. and Xenon.

* Captain of the SCS Eureka garbage scow and graduate of the StarCon Academy, Roger Wilco faces The Next Mutation when the commanding officer, Captain Quirk, plans to destroy the StarConfederacy.

* Court marshaled for breaking regulations while saving the universe, Roger Wilco once again finds himself on janitorial duty. While trapped on shore leave, Wilco must rescue Corpsman Santiago and embark upon The Spinal Frontier.

System Requirements

o OS: Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP Operating System
o Processor: Pentium® III 800 MHz processor or equivalent Athlon™ processor
o Memory: 128 MB RAM
o Graphics: Microsoft® Windows® Compatible Video card
o Hard Drive: 815 MB of Hard Drive space
o Sound: Microsoft® Windows® Compatible Sound card

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10110/

King's Quest

About the Game

Seven classic games in one collection. Celebrate the golden age of adventure games all over again with the return of King's Quest.

* The bravest knight in all of Daventry, Sir Graham, is appointed by the dying king to embark on a Quest for the Crown. By retrieving the three treasures of Daventry, he will not only save the land but become its king.

* Now the ruler of Daventry, King Graham sees a vision of a beautiful woman trapped in a tower. Romancing the Throne won't be easy with mermen and vampires separating him from his imprisoned bride.

* A young apprentice to an evil wizard must escape his captor or be faced with certain death. Upon the discovery that he is the long-lost son of the royal family, young prince Alexander learns that To Heir is Human.

* King Graham lies on the brink of death and only a magical fruit from a far off land can heal him. The Perils of Rosella pit evil fairies and fearsome foes against the brave princess as she fights to save her father.

* Returning home one day to find the castle missing, King Graham must don his famous adventurer's cap once more to find his family. Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder and Graham must learn a little magic of his own to rescue his loved ones from an evil spell.

* Haunted by the memory of the kidnapped princess who helped his family escape the malevolent wizard Mordack, Alexander learns of a plot to force the beautiful Cassima to marry an evil Vizier. Sworn to protect the woman who saved his life, Alexander takes to the Green Isles in Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow.

* Rebellious Rosella is content to be The Princeless Bride, but her adventurous spirit may lead to a marriage to the King of the Trolls. With the help of her mother, Queen Valanice, Rosella must end a plot to destroy the land of Eldritch and find her own happy ending.

System Requirements

o OS: Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP 32-bit *
o Processor: Pentium® III 800 MHz processor or equivalent Athlon™ processor
o Memory: 128 MB RAM
o Graphics: Microsoft® Windows® Compatible Video card
o Hard Drive: 1.2 Gigabytes of Hard Drive space
o Sound: Microsoft® Windows® Compatible Sound card

* Some games in this collection may run under Windows XP 64 and Vista 32/64, but are not officially supported

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10100/

25% off until July 30th so £7.49 atm.

Last edited by SkeeterUK; 07/25/09 02:13 PM.
Re: Space Quest and King's Quest series now on Steam [Re: SkeeterUK] #528051
07/25/09 12:30 PM
07/25/09 12:30 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Thanks Skeeter! Steam is rapidly becoming very adventure-friendly! thumbsup

Re: Space Quest and King's Quest series now on Steam [Re: SkeeterUK] #528076
07/25/09 01:19 PM
07/25/09 01:19 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
thanks for the links SkeeterUK.

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Space Quest and King's Quest series now on Steam [Re: Space Quest Fan] #528165
07/25/09 06:02 PM
07/25/09 06:02 PM
Florida, U.S.
Steven78 Offline
Shy Boomer
Steven78  Offline
Shy Boomer

Florida, U.S.
Wow! I always wanted to play both of these series but at the time my family couldn't afford a PC, although I think even if we had, I'd never have figured out how to operate it.
I remember desperately wanting a 436 (I think it was) and SoundBlaster, though I was sort of vague on what they were. Very cool.

Re: Space Quest and King's Quest series now on Steam [Re: SkeeterUK] #528414
07/26/09 01:12 PM
07/26/09 01:12 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
I must say that due to my screen name I am kind of bias on my opinion but I can truthfully state that these are the best games ever made about a sanitation engineer. razz

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Space Quest and King's Quest series now on Steam [Re: Space Quest Fan] #529163
07/28/09 11:15 AM
07/28/09 11:15 AM
D
DaveHT Offline
Settled Boomer
DaveHT  Offline
Settled Boomer
D

Does anyone know if the STEAM release is using DosBox or if the games have been tweaked in some way?

Also, KQ8 is not included in the re-release, just in case anyone is wondering.

Re: Space Quest and King's Quest series now on Steam [Re: DaveHT] #529199
07/28/09 12:44 PM
07/28/09 12:44 PM
Florida
drachehexe Offline
Shy Boomer
drachehexe  Offline
Shy Boomer

Florida
The games from Steam have been re-engineered to work through the Steam distribution. No DOS Box needed.

Last edited by drachehexe; 07/28/09 12:44 PM.

"Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said "By the power of Greyskull!"
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Fogfighter), 245 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users