GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish #538268
08/21/09 06:26 AM
08/21/09 06:26 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
You can download Princess Isabella Here.

Quote:
Princess Isabella is all set to marry the love of her dreams, Prince Adam. After returning home from a trip, however, she finds that an evil curse has been placed on her castle by a mysterious witch. The curse has placed evil in every room, and turned everyone inside the castle into mirrors! Follow a fairy friend as you piece together the clues and save your friends and family in Princess Isabella: A Witch`s Curse, a gorgeous Hidden Object Adventure game!

Unique gameplay
Tricky puzzles
Defeat the evil witch
Check out the blog walkthrough

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #538290
08/21/09 07:49 AM
08/21/09 07:49 AM
R
Robertson Offline
Settled Boomer
Robertson  Offline
Settled Boomer
R

The premise sounded a bit silly, but I downloaded it anyway for a trial. Frankly, except for an annoying Tinker Bell clone, it's very impressive! I bought my game for this month, but after an hour with this one today and Mystery Age: Imperial Staff yesterday, I might plead with my wife for a little extra allowance. Maybe I could do some chores in exchange wink. But, back to Princess Isabella: it's an entertaining mixture of puzzles, HO screens, pieces that need to be used in certain places and even different abilities for Tinker Bell. It even has a map to help navigate! Looking at the developer's website, they show a box, so this is going to be on the shelves, I suspect, likely for $20. All in all, it's hard to resist.

Robertson

Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Robertson] #538307
08/21/09 09:15 AM
08/21/09 09:15 AM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
It's a cute game but you might want to turn the sound off... that fairy nearly drove me mad. Her voice is annoying and I can't understand what she is saying anyway. The words that she says appear so I just read it.

The puzzles so far have been easy... but fun. Things that are easy are still fun for me. Riding a bike is easy, but I love doing it.

The puzzles may get harder as you go. I haven't played but 15 minutes. Good thing they are easy because I don't see a skip feature.

I'll probably buy the game.

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Robertson] #538310
08/21/09 09:19 AM
08/21/09 09:19 AM
B
BellaRosa Offline
Settled Boomer
BellaRosa  Offline
Settled Boomer
B

I did buy it, finished it and found it fun.

At the beginning I wasn't sure I was going to like it - as you say the fairy is annoying but she grew on me.

There were some good puzzles in the game too- I had to skip a few at the end (the key ones as I could not do them within enough moves and also skipped the marble popper as that was just annoying to me - there was another one I skipped I can't recall what that was now- but everything else I managed to get done.
I was stuck a few times wandering aimlessly then found a new door somewhere I had not been.

I actually played it without a break which is a sign of not being bored smile

Another good game- yay!!

Oh anyone wondering about length it took me just over 4 hours to play.

Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #538314
08/21/09 09:38 AM
08/21/09 09:38 AM
Ohio
K
Kate Anne Offline
Settled Boomer
Kate Anne  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

Ohio
I just finished the demo. I really liked this game. The hour went very fast. I also, found the fairy a little annoying at first but like BellaRosa said the fairy grew on me. I did not skip any of the mini games, I thought they were different and fun. I am going to buy this game.

Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Kate Anne] #538345
08/21/09 11:13 AM
08/21/09 11:13 AM
North Carolina
bkrytr Offline
Addicted Boomer
bkrytr  Offline
Addicted Boomer

North Carolina
Bought it. Game interesting. Fairy annoying. Where is the skip feature?

I really enjoy mornings. I just wish they came later in the day.
Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: bkrytr] #538352
08/21/09 11:29 AM
08/21/09 11:29 AM
Chicago
Kootsie Offline
Settled Boomer
Kootsie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Chicago
The game is adorable...yes fairy needs a voice transplant but all else is so charming. And the graphics! O my beautiful. Love it! bravo :summer:

Coo Coo for Cocoa Pops
Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Kootsie] #538371
08/21/09 12:32 PM
08/21/09 12:32 PM
North Carolina
bkrytr Offline
Addicted Boomer
bkrytr  Offline
Addicted Boomer

North Carolina
found the wt and skip feature. on with the game!

I really enjoy mornings. I just wish they came later in the day.
Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: bkrytr] #538465
08/21/09 05:52 PM
08/21/09 05:52 PM
KY
C
carlahelp Offline
Settled Boomer
carlahelp  Offline
Settled Boomer
C

KY
bkrytr,

How did you skip? I am stuck on the rifles and cannot get past them. I tried the fairy skip but kept getting her flying over to the shield. Awaiting your answer so I can move on.

carlahelp

Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: carlahelp] #538470
08/21/09 06:03 PM
08/21/09 06:03 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
carla, here is a quote from BF Blog walkthrough:

Quote:
The hint button turns into a skip button when you are in the middle of a puzzle. It also needs to recharge before you can use it. You will not be able to use regular hints while you are doing a puzzle.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #538472
08/21/09 06:07 PM
08/21/09 06:07 PM
KY
C
carlahelp Offline
Settled Boomer
carlahelp  Offline
Settled Boomer
C

KY
I did that, Tigre. It still wouldn't skip. Maybe I'm not sure when to click. Thanks.

carla

Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: carlahelp] #538483
08/21/09 06:38 PM
08/21/09 06:38 PM
Chattanooga TN
Bitty Kitty Offline
Settled Boomer
Bitty Kitty  Offline
Settled Boomer

Chattanooga TN
The fairy reminds me of someone who has had to much coffee and not enough sleep. However, like everyone else I am off to buy the game because I can't seem to resist the need to find out who this witch is.

Kem

Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Bitty Kitty] #538507
08/21/09 08:01 PM
08/21/09 08:01 PM
Minnesota, USA
Sherlock Offline
Adept Boomer
Sherlock  Offline
Adept Boomer

Minnesota, USA
Carla, you have to find the last mirror piece to free the maid and she will give you the last rifle part so that you can move on. Hope this helps. wave

The best math you can learn is how to calculate the future cost of current decisions.
Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #538522
08/21/09 09:04 PM
08/21/09 09:04 PM
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Redz Offline
Graduate Boomer
Redz  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Cheryl, glad to see you have discovered these great casual games, as I have. Hope all is well with you. grin

Joan wave

Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Redz] #538531
08/21/09 09:37 PM
08/21/09 09:37 PM
KY
C
carlahelp Offline
Settled Boomer
carlahelp  Offline
Settled Boomer
C

KY
I already freed the maid. I am putting the rifles in the shield.
How do I skip this darn puzzle? Please, someone tell me how. I have went by the walkthrough but it didn't help.

carla

Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: carlahelp] #538537
08/21/09 09:41 PM
08/21/09 09:41 PM
Sacramento, CA
Sly One Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sly One  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sacramento, CA
carlahelp

The rifle puzzle I didn't find that difficult. You just have to make sure they are all in the right spot, both the top part and the bottom. It took me a couple of seconds to figure that out so maybe your like me and didn't know that? Other than that I don't know what else to tell you about skipping as the only way is the hint button when it fills. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good Luck! I know you can do it.

Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: carlahelp] #538583
08/21/09 11:32 PM
08/21/09 11:32 PM
land gal just wanna have fun
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I love the game! I also think the graphics are adorable including the fairy. When in the options I saw the word dialogue I immediatly bought the game. I find the storyline delightful. In fact I rate it one of the highest in the casual games I have played thus far. I love the mini games and puzzles.

I really get concerned when people complain that they don't like the voice overs and than the game designer gives up and give the players who enjoy speech in a game, no option other reading boring text. If I want to read text I will read my email or a book, when I play a game and totally become immersed in it, I want to hear speech in the game.

I give the game designers 5 stars in this game. Someone complained at a forum and mocked the the speech in Diamond Jones amulet of the world because his english had an accent. The end result of that was the game designers in the next Diamond Jones eye of the Dragon, only used voice in the beginning of the game, text everywhere else.

I am one of those that get angry about this and expected it throught the entire game like before, because I appreciated the speech in the first Diamond Jones Amulet of the World. So what if there was a slight accent to the Characters voice over, everyone is not from America.

Maybe it is because although born in America and I have relocated permanently to Europe and now hear and found new respect for the people with language accents from various countries and I have learned to appreciate and respect them, not like when I lived in America. I never realized I had an American Accent until I moved to Europe. Everyone comments on it and it really changed my preception of things and prejudices I never knew I had before.

Although no one in this game being reviewed in Princess Isabella a Witches Curse, have voices with accents in it, I just want to come to the defense of the one that did the voice over for the fairy, before the game designers feel insulted and force us to imagine what the fairy's voice will sound like in reading just text again.

I think the voice fits the little fairy, kinda like tinkerbell in Peter pan. My opinion is this, if people like reading text only in the game use your option and turn off the voices. Please don't ruin it for those of us who find voice and speech enjoyable in a game.

I hope this game will be rated in the top ten, because someone went through alot of work to make it so. The graphics after the evil is lifted in each room of the castle are so beautiful! I really hope we will see more games like this. BFG Guy you have a real winner here, in my opinion and congrats to the game developers and Game Designers.

Sherryah

Last edited by Sherryah; 08/21/09 11:41 PM.
Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Sly One] #538593
08/22/09 12:36 AM
08/22/09 12:36 AM
USA
looney Offline
Addicted Boomer
looney  Offline
Addicted Boomer

USA
I'm so happy that I got this game! I did the trial and before it was over I knew I'd buy it.

At the beginning I wasn't sure because I liked the game but that fairy ... slapforehead
Funny thing, after a bit I forgot to be annoyed and I loved it!

Great graphics and fun story! bravo

Banana phone!
Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: looney] #538596
08/22/09 12:53 AM
08/22/09 12:53 AM
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I agree Looney, that fairy helped me out more than I care to admit! She is so cute when we are stuck even before asking for a clue she flies to where we need to go many times. I just love the way each puzzle is different than the others. I also love to break things. Can anyone tell me how come I can't break the vase in the crown Jewels room with the ghosts flying around? Thanks in advance.

Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: carlahelp] #538660
08/22/09 07:34 AM
08/22/09 07:34 AM
Maryland
Margie Offline
Settled Boomer
Margie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Maryland
Originally Posted By: carlahelp
I already freed the maid. I am putting the rifles in the shield.
How do I skip this darn puzzle? Please, someone tell me how. I have went by the walkthrough but it didn't help.

carla

Hi Carla,

Click here for a screenshot of the rifles puzzle maybe if you can see the picture closer it might help.

In order to use the skip button, you have to wait until it turns completely red (I think it was red) and then you can skip the puzzle.

I think you have to keep the pop-up window open long enough for it to recharge, but I am mot 100% sure on that.

If you choose to skip, the fairy will solve it for you and the area should be clear. You should just be able to go in through the fireplace at that point.

If none of the above work, you can uninstall, start under a new name or contact customer service at BFG.

Good Luck,

Margie

Margie B
http://www.BigFishGames.com

Strategy Guide Editor for Big Fish Games
Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Sherryah] #538661
08/22/09 07:37 AM
08/22/09 07:37 AM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
I also like voices in the games and don't mind accents... in fact I love a good British accent... I'm a fan of Coronation Street for years... but the fairy voice was garbled on my game and it may be my cheap speakers...but I had to turn it off.

I dislike having to read and read and read...and usually skip the story because of it. I know I often miss a good story because of my laziness to read. I just want to get to the action.

The game is very good even with my sound off.

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Margie] #538662
08/22/09 07:40 AM
08/22/09 07:40 AM
KY
C
carlahelp Offline
Settled Boomer
carlahelp  Offline
Settled Boomer
C

KY

Hi Margie,

Glad to hear from you. I notice in your screenshot that the left stock has a white thingee on it. Mine doesn't. Also my hint button never turns red. Love you for helping. Please answer soon.

carla

Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: carlahelp] #538663
08/22/09 07:45 AM
08/22/09 07:45 AM
Maryland
Margie Offline
Settled Boomer
Margie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Maryland
Originally Posted By: carlahelp

Hi Margie,

Glad to hear from you. I notice in your screenshot that the left stock has a white thingee on it. Mine doesn't. Also my hint button never turns red. Love you for helping. Please answer soon.

carla

Hi calrla,

Don't really know what else to tell you. The solution you see is the only one. I would contact customer support because only the beta version did not have the skip button, the final version does so all you can do is talk to BFG on Monday and see if they can help.

You could also try to uninstall and re-download to see if that fixes the problem.

Good Luck,

Margie B

Margie B
http://www.BigFishGames.com

Strategy Guide Editor for Big Fish Games
Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Margie] #538685
08/22/09 09:10 AM
08/22/09 09:10 AM
Minnesota, USA
Sherlock Offline
Adept Boomer
Sherlock  Offline
Adept Boomer

Minnesota, USA
Hi Joan, so good to see you here as well. I love some of these games! And I am enjoying this one very much. I do't get much time to play during the school year so this was a perfect alternative and now I'm hooked. Hope you are well.

Cheryl wave

The best math you can learn is how to calculate the future cost of current decisions.
Re: Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Sherlock] #538686
08/22/09 09:15 AM
08/22/09 09:15 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

carlahelp,

Please check your PM. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (manxman, Draclvr), 415 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users