GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Sanitarium ~ eeeewwww ~ Spoiler [Re: Bondola_Bates] #546498
09/12/09 11:14 AM
09/12/09 11:14 AM
Northeast NJ
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer
Darleen03  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Northeast NJ
Hi, Bondola_Bates welcome To GameBoomers

I got my copy here at gameboomers on a Trade..

Check out the Trading Forum..

Luv Dar

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"
Re: Sanitarium ~ eeeewwww ~ Spoiler [Re: Darleen03] #546500
09/12/09 11:17 AM
09/12/09 11:17 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
welcome to GameBoomers Bondola! The Trading Post is a great start, just be sure to ask for a re-release version.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sanitarium ~ eeeewwww ~ Spoiler [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #546623
09/12/09 06:11 PM
09/12/09 06:11 PM
Florida
drachehexe Offline
Shy Boomer
drachehexe  Offline
Shy Boomer

Florida
I have seen the jewelcase version selling for 10 bucks on the cheap racks at some stores like BestBuy, Office Depot, Office Max, and such.

and Feeb88

Quote:
I hesitate to call this a plain horror game, though; it's more darkly surreal, creepily bizarre, than truly frightening

I think it's one of the best horror games ever. Horror doesn't haven't to be frightening to be good horror. Horror just has to make you brain freak because your reality breaks down before you eyes. That essentially is what is happening to our poor doctor in this game.

"Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said "By the power of Greyskull!"
Re: Sanitarium ~ eeeewwww ~ Spoiler [Re: drachehexe] #546643
09/12/09 07:30 PM
09/12/09 07:30 PM
F
Feeb88 Offline
Settled Boomer
Feeb88  Offline
Settled Boomer
F

::shrug:: Fair enough. I didn't mean that it doesn't belong in the genre, only that it isn't "just" a horror game in my book; there are other elements at work, and these detracted from the 'horrific' factor - again, personally.

It could be the colorful, occasionally flamboyant environments that suggest something other than strict horror to me; the Dark Seed series was a similar exercise in psychological horror but had a much darker tone aesthetically (though ultimately proved less successful as actual games. ;)).

Click to reveal..
Futuristic 'insectoid' colonies and ancient Aztec villages, all done up in vibrant, cartoony color, are a far cry from what you'd typically see in, say, Silent Hill or Dark Fall. Which, I suppose, just earns it points for originality, especially since it still manages to make your skin crawl in all its bright, gaudy glory.

In the end, it all comes down to personal taste.

The Lurking Horror
Only posts when the stars are right!
Re: Sanitarium ~ eeeewwww ~ Spoiler [Re: Feeb88] #546712
09/13/09 03:15 AM
09/13/09 03:15 AM
Florida
drachehexe Offline
Shy Boomer
drachehexe  Offline
Shy Boomer

Florida
Yeah, I would agree a couple of the chapters weren't really horror. But overall even with those the other chapters were by far some of the best horror story telling in a game ever.

And for anyone interested here is a MySpace page dedicated to the music from Sanitarium

http://www.myspace.com/sanitariumlejeu

"Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said "By the power of Greyskull!"
Re: Sanitarium ~ eeeewwww ~ Spoiler [Re: drachehexe] #547296
09/14/09 10:19 PM
09/14/09 10:19 PM
Pacific NW
ChrisMM Offline
Shy Boomer
ChrisMM  Offline
Shy Boomer

Pacific NW
Oh, man, I LOVE Sanitarium. I've played it several times now--I'm very fond of Grimwall. I wish the graphics in those old games capped better--they look fine in-game, but they don't translate well to wallpaper, and I'd love to have a wallpaper of Grimwall. laugh

It's my second favorite game of all time, right after Obsidian. Partly because it's so weird, and partly because the stories--both the main story, and all the little sub-stories or whatever--are all so interesting.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (LadyKestrel, Draclvr), 183 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users