GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Dark Fall: Lights Out: Original: Easter Eggs? #546554
09/12/09 02:14 PM
09/12/09 02:14 PM
J
jfcwilson Offline OP
Settled Boomer
jfcwilson  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
J

Hi all,

I've read, from an interview with the developer, that the original(not re-release) Dark fall II: Lights Out has a "generous handful of easter eggs, which take a little expeiramentation to find. From e-mails, some have been found but not all."
I can't find any. Cound anyone who has give me a nudge? It seems like, in Rose Cottage, the violen chords, when you look at certain objects, are important, but I can't figure out how.
I don't have the pins and needles re-release, or the manual, so that can't help me.

Thanks,
James

Currently working on:
The Factory(suspense-thriller, coming 2015)
Re: Dark Fall: Lights Out: Original: Easter Eggs? [Re: jfcwilson] #546578
09/12/09 03:39 PM
09/12/09 03:39 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Let's wait for the gamers that have researched the Easter eggs. smile

Re: Dark Fall: Lights Out: Original: Easter Eggs? [Re: MaG] #547972
09/16/09 08:03 PM
09/16/09 08:03 PM
B
Bondola_Bates Offline
Junior Boomer
Bondola_Bates  Offline
Junior Boomer
B

Well, i have the Pins and Needles edition of the Dark fall games and in the walkthrough / companion booklet that comes with it it mentions the following as Easter eggs:

Quote:
Room 2C: Green Room, with abstract art.
EASTER EGG: This room changes, with each visit. Sometimes you will see the ‘Dark Fall’ symbol on the wall, other times you will find a battered looking trilby on the bedside table.

Quote:
Room 2D: Polly and Nigel's room.
EASTER EGG: When looking at 20th Century Mysteries (on the computer), notice a fourth link has appeared on the ‘Recent’ list. Click it, to use The Seeker website. “Cross my site with webhits and learn thy past, Mortals!”. It’s daft, but it is fun. Polly had an eclectic taste in websites.

No mention is made of any other 'Easter eggs'but there is a complete listing of all of the use points for the ghost hunting goggles and all of the possible questions you can ask the various ghosts and the ouija board.

There are no Easter eggs mentioned for Lights Out.

I really reccomend the companions for both games (the Journal and Lights Out). They can both be purchased on their own (ie you don't have to buy a copy of the game) from the darkling Room website. And no, i am not Jonathan Boakes! If i was i wouldn't keep spoiling the new game by releasing too many screenshots and too much advance information! He he. My fault for looking... but i just couldn't resist.

Last edited by Bondola_Bates; 09/16/09 08:07 PM.
Re: Dark Fall: Lights Out: Original: Easter Eggs? [Re: Bondola_Bates] #547974
09/16/09 08:06 PM
09/16/09 08:06 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Bondola, Jonathan is a member here and posts when he has the time. wink

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Dark Fall: Lights Out: Original: Easter Eggs? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #547986
09/16/09 08:37 PM
09/16/09 08:37 PM
B
Bondola_Bates Offline
Junior Boomer
Bondola_Bates  Offline
Junior Boomer
B

Well, if he reads this i would like him to know how much i appreciate his games: true works of art. I keep meaning to compose and e mail to him (via Darkling Room) an extremely comprehensive review of all of the differences between the original Lights Out and the 'director's cut (it's about 50 / 50 which is the better version in my opinion. Some changes were great and some i hated or just couldn't understand. One of the versions i feel is better for novice gamers. One of them is better for those of us who finished Riven and understood all of it without a walkthrough) but i never find the time: it's somewhat of a mammoth project as i intend to be very thorough. Perhaps i could post it here if there is a chance the chap himself may read it.

Last edited by Bondola_Bates; 09/16/09 08:39 PM.
Re: Dark Fall: Lights Out: Original: Easter Eggs? [Re: Bondola_Bates] #548031
09/17/09 12:15 AM
09/17/09 12:15 AM
Manchester England
indy_monkey Offline
Shy Boomer
indy_monkey  Offline
Shy Boomer

Manchester England
Bondola,
The screenshots and advance information is what keeps us hungry for more. I think Jonathan attracts us that way. I personally like to see more snippets and screenshots for past and future games. Every time I switch on a PC I hit the Darkling Room web site. Just a quick look for anything new, then end up reading through lots of pages again. And Jonathan if you do read this, a couple of scary wallpapers or a screensaver for Lost Souls would be awesome. cool

Re: Dark Fall: Lights Out: Original: Easter Eggs? [Re: indy_monkey] #548140
09/17/09 11:26 AM
09/17/09 11:26 AM
B
Bondola_Bates Offline
Junior Boomer
Bondola_Bates  Offline
Junior Boomer
B

Of course you are right. Jonathan Boakes does a great job in promoting his games.

Re: Dark Fall: Lights Out: Original: Easter Eggs? [Re: Bondola_Bates] #548385
09/18/09 12:36 AM
09/18/09 12:36 AM
Portland Oregon USA
Raj Offline
Settled Boomer
Raj  Offline
Settled Boomer

Portland Oregon USA
I believe I have an original "Black Disc" of Dark Fall. I have heard there were only a small number of these made. Dark Fall is in my top three favorite games of all time (the other two are TLJ and all of the Tex Murphy games lumped together as one).

I'm not sure how I can prove that I have one of these rare Black discs, but it struck me that Mr. Boakes is such a celebrity now (with good reason!), that a limited edition of the first release run, with special easter eggs, might just be a good marketing ploy to generate a lot of hub bub.

Anyone think so?

"Learning to fly... and I'm trying to try..." Ritchie Havens (Tex Murphy: Overseer)
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (fildil, michele rose, 1 invisible), 230 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users