GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
BFG Game Manager Question #564142
11/03/09 06:27 PM
11/03/09 06:27 PM
G
GPM Offline OP
Settled Boomer
GPM  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
G

While I was enjoying Big City Adventures New York, I noticed that BCA: San Francisco wasn't in my BFG Game Manager list.

I checked the games in the Game Manager against the purchases on my BFG My Account page and noticed that there were actually several on the list that do not appear in the Game Manager although they are on my computer and can also still be downloaded and installed from BFG via the My Account page. So the games aren't lost; they just don't appear in the Game Manager when I'm scanning it for something I might want to play.

Conversely, while I only went about halfway down the list, I also noticed one of the two James Patterson Women's Murder Club games I purchased from BFG is on the Game Manager but not on the My Account page.

I'm going to bring this to the attention of BFG Customer Service, but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this?

I don't know when the missing games dropped out of the Game Manager, but I wondered if it had to do with the new Game Manager program or if there's something about how the Game Manager program works that I don't understand.

There doesn't seem to be any relationship between the games that are missing that I can see.

Re: BFG Game Manager Question [Re: GPM] #564193
11/03/09 09:20 PM
11/03/09 09:20 PM
B
BellaRosa Offline
Settled Boomer
BellaRosa  Offline
Settled Boomer
B

Hi GPM,
I have heard of it doing that (games not appearing on game manager list) if you have them installed on a different drive to your other games.
Other than that I do not know why they would not appear. Hope you get it sorted.

With the full list of games under your Account-you need to check your purchase history page to see all the games you have purchased.
If you purchased the 2 womens murder club games together might be why only one shows on the account page - as that page is more a record of your transactions.
They should all be listed if you click the Purchase History tab.

Re: BFG Game Manager Question [Re: BellaRosa] #564315
11/04/09 09:20 AM
11/04/09 09:20 AM
G
GPM Offline OP
Settled Boomer
GPM  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
G

Thank you for the encouragement, Bella!

All of my games are on the same drive, so I don't know why some of them didn't appear in the Game Manager. I didn't ask the Customer Service person I "chatted" with online yesterday why that might have occurred, just how to fix it.

With respect to the games that are on my Purchase History but not on the Game Manager, the fix is not technically difficult, just a little time-consuming.

I am going down the list of purchased games game by game on the Purchase History and checking to see if they appear in the Game Manager.

For those that do not appear in the Game Manager, I am uninstalling them on my computer and then re-downloading and re-installing from the Purchase History page.

Viola! Now they appear in the Game Manager.

I only had time to uninstall and re-install about four of the "missing" games yesterday so I haven't had a chance yet to see if I lost prior game progress, but I'm kind of assuming the uninstall from my computer may result in that. Still, it's worth it to me to have them in the Game Manager as that is what I usually scan to see what game I might feel like playing, and I want them all to be there.

With respect to the "missing" James Patterson's Women's Murder Club game, it wasn't missing from the Purchase History at all!

The list on the Purchase History was alphabetical and while one game was listed under "J" for "James Patterson" the other was listed at the bottom of the page under "W" for "Women's Murder Club," so happy news there!

Hope this helps anyone else who may have the same problem!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 334 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users