GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Dark Fall: Lost Souls Release Date Delayed #566961
11/12/09 08:27 AM
11/12/09 08:27 AM
PolloDiablo Offline OP
Settled Boomer
PolloDiablo  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

PRESS RELEASE
Quote:
Iceberg signs more rights from Darkling Room

Dark Fall: Lost Souls release date put forward to December 4th 2009

Haarlem, The Netherlands – 11 November 2009 – Leading videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive and game developer Darkling Room have agreed to extend rights on various Dark Fall products published by Iceberg Interactive.

The highly anticipated Dark Fall: Lost Souls will now be published worldwide by Iceberg Interactive rather than just in Europe. That being said, no retail version is planned for North-America, but the many oversees fans of the Boakes games will be able to purchase Lost Souls via the Iceberg Shop (gone live yesterday, open for pre-order) or via electronic download.

Parties also agreed that Iceberg will publish the Lost Souls predecessor Dark Fall: Lights Out The Director’s Cut worldwide instead of just in the UK. The same goes for Adventures in Terror – British Horror Collection, in conjunction with Shadow Tor Studios. Adventures in Terror is a deluxe re-mastered collection consisting of Barrow Hill, Dark Fall: The Journal and Lights Out, as well as the original soundtrack CD of all games.

Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder said: “We are extremely pleased to be able to sell the Dark Fall games worldwide and look forward to launching them before the year ends.”

On the release date of Lost Souls he also shared the following information: “Jonathan is currently still finishing up the game. He intends for Lost Souls to be the final Dark Fall game in the series and wants to tie up all loose ends, hence why it is taking slightly longer to conclude. Rest assured that it will come this year though.”

The Lost Souls’s retail releasedate has now been put forward by Iceberg to December 4th 2009, however it may very well be that direct download versions will be available sooner than that.

About Dark Fall: Lost Souls
The dead are waiting. They have stories to tell. Tales of darkness, loneliness and despair. Be careful you do not join them, as it could be an eternity until the next curious visitor opens that old, rotten door, to find you within. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. What tale would you tell? Would you know how to explain what happened, that dark night when your curiosity got the better of you? Would you be able to speak its name... the ancient name... or would you simply warn the new arrival to beware... to beware the Dark Fall.

Features

• A brand new (and final) Dark Fall™ horror adventure.
• From the pen of Jonathan Boakes, author of The Lost Crown.
• Explore a derelict train station & hotel, abandoned since World War 2.
• A new game engine allows full exploration and movement.
• Physically interact with the eerie setting, to really ‘feel’ the place.
• Use light as your weapon and ally, to fight the darkness.
• Use Detective skills to solve an urban mystery.
• A hauntingly creepy stereo score that will chill and terrify.
• Explore the memories of the dead, in their own ‘nightmares’.
• Discover the true identity, and power behind, the Dark Fall itself.

About Darkling Room

Darkling Room joined with Jonathan Boakes in Spring 2005, to pursue many shared interests, and construct projects with a shared passion, and devotion. Firmly based on England's South West coast, Darkling Room are proud to support contributions from London, Europe, the U.S. and beyond. With such an eclectic mix of work, output and association, a definite base of operations is essential. Cornwall offers clear, free spaces, fresh air, crystal seas and acres of inspiration, 3 hours from London. Acclaimed games by Darkling Room are the eerie Dark Fall series and ghosthunting adventure The Lost Crown. Also visit: www.darklingroom.co.uk

About Shadow Tor Studios
Shadow Tor Studios was created in September 2004. Set-up by Matt Clark, Shadow Tor are based around the briny clifftops and caverns of Cornwall. The company utilise the inspirational Cornish landscape to craft exciting and detailed computer games, such as the horror thriller, Barrow Hill. Shadow Tor continues to recreate real locations and ancient Sites in Cornwall, in the highly anticipated sequel Bracken Tor, scheduled for release in 2010. Also visit www.shadowtorstudios.co.uk

About Iceberg Interactive

Iceberg Interactive is a fast expanding videogame publisher set to make a splash in the interactive entertainment industry. Staffed with industry veterans and with offices in key locations around the world, Iceberg Interactive is a new alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. Iceberg Interactive’s portfolio of products includes titles for both the PC and console platforms, with a special focus on the casual gamer and specialty niche products. This is reflected in our line-up which includes simulators, tycoon, adventure, action and brain-training games.

When it comes to games… don’t just play… play it cool.

For more information about Dark Fall: Lost Souls and to keep up with the latest breaking news, visit www.iceberg-interactive.com.

Last edited by Becky; 11/12/09 10:22 AM.

I'll be back, one day, when I feel like it.
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: PolloDiablo] #566970
11/12/09 09:06 AM
11/12/09 09:06 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Thanks for the info Pollo -- so the disk version will be releasing in early December, but a digital download (not specified from which online portal yet) may be available sooner than that? And it seems as though the new Iceberg Interactive store will ship the disk version worldwide (including to the US).

Last edited by Becky; 11/12/09 09:09 AM.
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: Becky] #566980
11/12/09 09:40 AM
11/12/09 09:40 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I read it to be, that no boxed copies will be available to the US, only download.

Quote:
That being said, no retail version is planned for North-America, but the many oversees fans of the Boakes games will be able to purchase Lost Souls via the Iceberg Shop (gone live yesterday, open for pre-order) or via electronic download.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #566988
11/12/09 09:51 AM
11/12/09 09:51 AM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Someone undoubtedly slaved over that wording, and we still aren't sure quite what they mean. lol

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: Becky] #566993
11/12/09 10:14 AM
11/12/09 10:14 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
You can purchase the boxed or download from Iceberg (it would be shipped overseas to us) but you cannot go to Walmart, Target etc to pick up as they will not have a US boxed version.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #566994
11/12/09 10:17 AM
11/12/09 10:17 AM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Righto! I think you've got it!

This is important enough news, I'm going to shift it to its own thread. I think I can, I think I can...

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: Becky] #567044
11/12/09 01:47 PM
11/12/09 01:47 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
So does this mean Interact won't carry the boxed version to us?

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: gamenut] #567046
11/12/09 01:54 PM
11/12/09 01:54 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Interact will carry the imported boxed version.

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: MaG] #567085
11/12/09 04:05 PM
11/12/09 04:05 PM
Hillegom, ZH, NL
J
Jarkeld Offline
Settled Boomer
Jarkeld  Offline
Settled Boomer
J

Hillegom, ZH, NL
It'll unfortunately mean I won't be getting it for Sinterklaas then. (For these games I prefer a boxed version over direct downloads).

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: Jarkeld] #567110
11/12/09 04:40 PM
11/12/09 04:40 PM
PolloDiablo Offline OP
Settled Boomer
PolloDiablo  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Sinterklaas can buy it on December 4th, that should be just in time if the Pakjespieten are quick with the giftwraps. wink

(sorry, non-Dutch people, Sinterklaas is a bit like the Dutch variant to Santa Claus but he has his festivities a bit earlier in December)

I'll be back, one day, when I feel like it.
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: Jarkeld] #567114
11/12/09 04:48 PM
11/12/09 04:48 PM
Northeast NJ
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer
Darleen03  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Northeast NJ
Hi, PolloDiablo

Can you tell me if there is an inventory in this game?

Thank You

Luv Dar

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: Darleen03] #567130
11/12/09 05:17 PM
11/12/09 05:17 PM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Pollo -- are Pakjespieten elves?

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: Becky] #567153
11/12/09 06:14 PM
11/12/09 06:14 PM
Hillegom, ZH, NL
J
Jarkeld Offline
Settled Boomer
Jarkeld  Offline
Settled Boomer
J

Hillegom, ZH, NL
PolloDiablo: the shop states that they aim to ship and deliver the games within 3 to 5 working days. Don't know if they aim to deliver on 4/12 or start shipping and delivering as of 4/12.

Becky: Not quite elves. They are Sinterklaas's assistants. They only help him deliver the gifts but don't make them.

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: Jarkeld] #567271
11/13/09 03:21 AM
11/13/09 03:21 AM
Wales
N
noelbruton Offline
Shy Boomer
noelbruton  Offline
Shy Boomer
N

Wales
Looks like Iceberg's come to the same conclusion as Arberth had to. I feel for US adventure players, because the games publishing channel there is in a terrible mess. We're still unsure how or even whether we'll get a boxed 'Coven' into America.

We had real difficulties with the boxed version of 'Rhiannon' in the US - collapsing supply lines, still waiting for payment, publisher behaviour, Amazon protectionism, the list goes on. Which is why we have to sell boxed 'Rhiannon' into the US from our site.

Noel Bruton
Arberth Studios

Developer, 'Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches'
http://www.arberthstudios.com
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: noelbruton] #567317
11/13/09 08:07 AM
11/13/09 08:07 AM
Germany
seagul Offline
Settled Boomer
seagul  Offline
Settled Boomer

Germany
I'm so happy i can preoder the game now. It doesn't matter, if it will be released at Santa Claus or even before christmas or later - if it only will be released at all!
I checked the shadowtorstudio-side each day and got really frustrated, because nothing happened.
There is an kenyan saying: the harbinger of the rain is the cloud.
I can see the clouds!

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: seagul] #567328
11/13/09 09:06 AM
11/13/09 09:06 AM
Saxton
JonathanBoakes Offline
Settled Boomer
JonathanBoakes  Offline
Settled Boomer

Saxton
Hello to all the Gameboomers!

--

Cripes! News travels fast around these parts. I'd hardly finished typing my blog, when news of the Pre-Orders came in. EU-based publisher, Iceberg Interactive, have made the bold, and exciting decision to publish World-Wide. It's a great opportunity for them, given how loyal many adventure fans are to the genre. It will be very interesting to see what happens next. Noel, from Arberth Studios, is quite right when he suggests getting games on shelves in the US has become very difficult. I blame recent activities (by some publishers), but also the global recession and slow down. But, things looks much brighter now, and going for a Global Worldwide release is definitely the best thing. Online stores like Interact!, Amazon and others will also be supplying games in the USA.

I often get emails, to this day, from all sorts of exotic and marvelous countries asking why "I don't want the games to be released in their country". But, I do! I really do! But, I think adventure fans would be surprised by how little control we developers actually have when it comes to release dates and locations. We make games, rather than publish them. This is why a global release is such an exciting proposition. With Digital Downloads AND box copies available, I see this next month as the most exciting launch since I did it myself, (self publishing), back in 2001. Crumbs, that's nearly 10 years! Anyways, there is more news, opinion and silliness on my blog, if anyone is interested.

There is news about Lost Souls, The Adventures in Terror Boxset and...whisper it...some news about The Last Crown - Haunting of Hallowed Isle. I am, kind of, thinking aloud on my blog, so never take anything too seriously. I like having somewhere to mention bits and bobs, as it helps sort the wheat from the chaff. Some ideas are good, some are plain daft. But, hopefully, it makes a fun read.

http://jonathanboakes.blogspot.com/

Lastly, Windows 7....I have been playing around on the new OS, seeing what's changed, what's improved, what's been ignored, and what has stayed exactly the same (quite a lot of the latter). Good news is, Lost Souls, and all the re-released games from Darkling Room (and Shadow Tor Studios) work great! Are there many Windows 7 users out there? I feel Vista put a lot of people off upgrading again, but maybe I am wrong. Either way, it's good to know the games all work on the brand new system, as it bodes well for 'future play'. There's nothing worse than finding your old games don't run on new machines. My heart was broken, just recently, when I discovered my beloved Zork:Nemesis wouldn't run. I will have to make do with my memories.

Thanks,
Jonathan

P.s. New screens, trailer, interviews, Developer Diary Entries and more in the coming week.

P.p.s. Anyone not getting new options on the store, or official website, may need to hit 'Refresh' on their browser. News of pre-orders has been up for a day or so.

P.p.p.s. Oops, nearly forget. Darleen, your question: "Is there an inventory"...yes there is. Just like the previous Dark Fall games, in an attempt to make the game 'feel' as familar as possibe. It's not a huge inventory, (unlike TLC), but does have a fantastically wierd mix of items...gin, scissors and a bloodied bank note anyone?

--

The ghosts are waiting, in the dark places, the forgotten places. Waiting for you: Darkling Room Games
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: ] #567333
11/13/09 09:19 AM
11/13/09 09:19 AM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Quote:
I am, kind of, thinking aloud on my blog, so never take anything too seriously.
Cross my heart and hope to die, I'll never take anything too seriously. lol

Seriously though, thanks for all the info Jonathan. wave Exciting stuff.

P.S. I'm using Windows 7. burger

Last edited by Becky; 11/13/09 09:30 AM.
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: ] #567344
11/13/09 09:43 AM
11/13/09 09:43 AM
United Kingdom
Carla Offline
Addicted Boomer
Carla  Offline
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
Thank you Jonathan for all the info's, I'm off to read your blog, we are can't wait to play your games!
I will be using Windows 7 too, very happy to hear that the all your games will be working on that OS too.
bravo

Carla happydance

“Come what come may,
Time and the hour runs through the roughest day.”
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: Carla] #567345
11/13/09 09:45 AM
11/13/09 09:45 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

wave Jonathan.

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: MaG] #567347
11/13/09 09:50 AM
11/13/09 09:50 AM
Northeast NJ
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer
Darleen03  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Northeast NJ
Thanks, Jonathan

I will be buying your game.. turkey

Luv Dar

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: Darleen03] #567358
11/13/09 10:29 AM
11/13/09 10:29 AM
Piney Woods of East Texas
joanieS Offline
Addicted Boomer
joanieS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Piney Woods of East Texas
Just pre-ordered. I have so grown away from newer adventure games I believe this is the first one I have ordered since Jonathan's last one. Keep 'em coming, Jonathan!!!!

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." ...unknown
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: joanieS] #567417
11/13/09 01:29 PM
11/13/09 01:29 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
Don't mind if release date is changed...rather that than have a game that has problems!!...and-anyway...a 'Boakes' game is worth waiting for!

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls now Available for PreOrder on InteractCD [Re: gamenut] #567428
11/13/09 02:10 PM
11/13/09 02:10 PM
AmunPtah Offline
Settled Boomer
AmunPtah  Offline
Settled Boomer

Yep, Im on Windows 7. Its not been as friendly to older games as Vista has been, but I've managed to get a lot of stuff running.
Really looking forward to Lost Souls!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (fildil, michele rose, 1 invisible), 230 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users