GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! #570859
11/25/09 10:13 AM
11/25/09 10:13 AM
United Kingdom
Carla Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Carla  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
Iceberg Interactive just announced that Darkling Room’s newest and highly anticipated PC adventure game Dark Fall: Lost Souls has gone Gold!

Quote:
ptDarkling Room's creator of the game Jonathan Boakes said: "Gold! Lost Souls, the third Dark Fall game, has finally 'gone gold', which means it is ready for stores. This last stage seems to have taken quite a bit of time, to finalize, but with a new OS (Windows 7), it is always best to test, test and test some more. The extra time has allowed for me to tweak a few elements, as well as augment others (a lot more scary sounds!). It means I have been spending quite a lot of time, inside The Station Hotel, exploring the darkest world I am likely to create. If my previous game, The Lost Crown, boasted "the most 'realistic' ghost-hunting adventure", then Lost Souls will definitely be the creepiest adventure. Don't play it alone, or at night, and NEVER play it in the dark. The Dark Fall is waiting... your hotel room awaits. I can't guarantee rest and relaxation, but I can promise you'll have nightmares."

and some details for the release:

Quote:
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder said: “We are extremely pleased that Dark Fall: Lost Souls has now reached gold status. I think it stands a good chance of becoming the most scary game of the year. The boxed version will be available a little later than planned at December 11th 2009 in the UK, various European countries that use English boxed versions and in the Iceberg webshop (free shipping on pre-order now). We will endeavor to assure that the electronic download version will be available by December 4th on various portals to be disclosed.”

New screenshots added in our Gallery.

turkey

Last edited by Carla; 11/25/09 11:06 AM. Reason: sreenshots added

Carla happydance

“Come what come may,
Time and the hour runs through the roughest day.”
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: Carla] #570863
11/25/09 10:18 AM
11/25/09 10:18 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Getting excited! I am really looking forward to this one. yay Thanks Carla.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #571066
11/25/09 07:19 PM
11/25/09 07:19 PM
Indiana
marie Offline
Addicted Boomer
marie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
OMGosh!those screenshots where so creeeepy! scared
I really have to get this one, its going to be scary(too bad it wasn't out for Halloween).

I'm going to ck Iceberg website out right now.

I just preordered mine, so I won't have to pay the shipping when its released in Dec, but I don't exactly know how much the game will be in USDollars since the price is in British Dollars. Can someone do a conversion for me?

Marie happydance

Last edited by marie; 11/25/09 07:32 PM.
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: marie] #571220
11/26/09 08:18 AM
11/26/09 08:18 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

The Iceberg online shop is here. Looking now for a currency converter.

29.99 Euros to dollars = 45.1904 USD

And it does look like they still have the free shipping available.

Last edited by Becky; 11/26/09 08:20 AM.
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: Becky] #571320
11/26/09 12:39 PM
11/26/09 12:39 PM
Indiana
marie Offline
Addicted Boomer
marie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
Thanks for your help Becky.

I'm going to have to ck with Dave over at Interact, because I think he had a better price.

Marie wave

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: marie] #571457
11/26/09 09:22 PM
11/26/09 09:22 PM
P
Phoenix Star Offline
Shy Boomer
Phoenix Star  Offline
Shy Boomer
P

The screenshots kind of remind me of Myst IV: Revelation, only it's point and click. (And the first two games actually reminded me of Myst.) This is going to be a great game!

Last edited by Phoenix Star; 11/26/09 09:23 PM.
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: Phoenix Star] #571512
11/27/09 04:16 AM
11/27/09 04:16 AM
Islington London England UK
Dumbledore Offline
Shy Boomer
Dumbledore  Offline
Shy Boomer

Islington London England UK
Hi everyone,
I know I rarely post but I couldn't pass up this opportunity, having been involved in the making of Lost Souls (reprising my role as Andrew Verney, as well as helping Jonathan with the research). I spent most of last week testing the game on my XP desktop and my Vista laptop. Apart from a couple of minor issues, which Jonathan had already flagged, it ran like a dream. Or, should I say Nightmare! This was the first time I'd played it all the way through. The locations should have been comforting, in the sense that I'd stayed at the Hotel many years ago, in Dark Fall: The Journey. Not even a bit. Even sitting comfortably on a sofa, with a cat asleep beside me, I was nervous. This is a very dark tale and there are some truly creepy moments in store for you. I won't add any spoilers here but the evidences of urban decay were particularly chilling, coupled as they are with fleeting movements caught at the edge of vision. The atmosphere of menace is all pervading. At one point I had to backtrack to the hotel lobby to get calm again. I can honestly say this is the scariest game Jonathan has made so far! Enjoy!

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: Dumbledore] #571521
11/27/09 06:48 AM
11/27/09 06:48 AM
United Kingdom
Carla Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Carla  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
Thank you so much Dumbledore for the details, I can't wait to play the game, I like to be well scared! devilchili

Carla happydance

“Come what come may,
Time and the hour runs through the roughest day.”
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: Carla] #571530
11/27/09 07:58 AM
11/27/09 07:58 AM
Germany
seagul Offline
Settled Boomer
seagul  Offline
Settled Boomer

Germany
Dumbledore, you made me even more exited. Just can't wait till the release.

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: Carla] #571746
11/27/09 09:50 PM
11/27/09 09:50 PM
Trenton,New Jersey,U.S.A.
Michael Offline
Addicted Boomer
Michael  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Trenton,New Jersey,U.S.A.
Miss Dumbledore,could you please check on my order please?

the receipt number is;

Receipt No: (Edited out by BrownEyedTigre)

thanx

what happened to my order number I had in here?

Last edited by Michael; 11/27/09 09:53 PM.

Michael
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: Michael] #571747
11/27/09 09:54 PM
11/27/09 09:54 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Michael, please refrain from asking members to check your order. As you were instructed before you need to contact Iceberg where you purchased it from. If you have doubts and issues from ordering strange places, then you should order from Dave from InteractCd where you can get a confirmation instantly.

EDIT: If you have a receipt #, what more can you ask for? Obviously they have your order. duh

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 11/27/09 09:55 PM.
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #572488
11/30/09 11:44 AM
11/30/09 11:44 AM
J
jfcwilson Offline
Settled Boomer
jfcwilson  Offline
Settled Boomer
J

Wonderful! Those screens are so wonderful..or awful, depending on the way you think...:)

Currently working on:
The Factory(suspense-thriller, coming 2015)
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: jfcwilson] #572490
11/30/09 11:48 AM
11/30/09 11:48 AM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Awesomeful? It must be in the dictionary somewhere.

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: Becky] #572891
12/01/09 03:08 PM
12/01/09 03:08 PM
Saxton
JonathanBoakes Offline
Settled Boomer
JonathanBoakes  Offline
Settled Boomer

Saxton
Miss.Dumbledore? Ha ha. Anyway...moving on...

Thanks, Philip, for the mini-review! You've been in all my games, so far. Andrew Verney in DF, reading the Ballad of Flannan Isle in DF2, and, of course, Prof.Oogle in TLC. So, I was quite nervous about your opinion. Nine years is a long time ago, especially to remember a small game like Dark Fall, so your opinion, like many here on Gameboomers, is all important.

I really do feel as if I've closed the doors on The Station Hotel, finally, but for all of you, your (dark) adventure is about to begin.

Philip, it is interesting that you found some rooms (of the hotel) less oppressive, and used them as safe areas. I like that. I couldn't really tell where those places would be, when creating the game, as they are bound to be different for each gamer.

I think music, and sound in general, play a big part, when it comes to giving environments an oppressive atmosphere, and others a feeling of sanctuary. I guess that's why I like to buy game 'soundtracks' (Riven is my favourite), as you can be sucked back into the gameworld, anywhere! And even on the move.

There was a guy, on Facebook just recently, who hosted a Haunted Hotel Halloween Night, at his place of work. He played The Lost Crown OST throughout the evening, and, supposedly, it saw some guests leave the event, for being too eerie. (There was a Ouijaboard involved, the naive things! Not recommended) That, or they thought the music was rubbish! Either way, it's good that music still plays such a big part in games; building atmosphere and allowing interpretation.

The music in Lost Souls is very mixed. There are lots of scratchy gramophone recordings, to add to the nostalgia, but there are also lots of tonal noises to suggest nasty things. Ben Gammons, who produced some music for the game, has this wonderful knack of creating music that sounds like you are hearing it in your head. If that makes sense. Anyone who has ever noticed that silence, deathly silence, can actually be 'heard' will really enjoy/be scared by the soundscapes.

Something similar happens in the new movie, Paranormal Activity. I saw it at the cinema, last night, and had a frightful journey home, on the bus. I was convinced some-'thing' was in the seats, just behind me. The film, and sound designer, used this wonderful trick to suggest something spooky was about to happen, by fading up the sound of high blood pressure, in the head. You know, it's that rumbling, pulsing, sound you get if you strain too much. The effect, on cinema goers, was amazing; the packed theatre fell utterly silent, as they too, strained to hear anything significant. Wonderful!! A highly recommended film, from a true indie. The film cost $15,000, to make...which, if anything, is proof that sometimes less is more!

Speak soon.

Jonathan

The ghosts are waiting, in the dark places, the forgotten places. Waiting for you: Darkling Room Games
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: ] #572902
12/01/09 04:01 PM
12/01/09 04:01 PM
West London, UK
JennyP Offline
Adept Boomer
JennyP  Offline
Adept Boomer

West London, UK
I have preordered from Play.com. Can't wait

When in doubt, cuddle a catcatrub
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: JennyP] #572931
12/01/09 05:12 PM
12/01/09 05:12 PM
Central Islip NY
thracia Offline
Addicted Boomer
thracia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Islip NY
Thank you, Jonathan for such great games. I have enjoyed them immensly. I also pre-orded this game.Dark fall is one of my all time favorites.Can't wait.

thracia

~Didi~
There will come a point in your life, when you realize what really matters, what never did, and what always will.
Unknown
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: thracia] #572954
12/01/09 05:58 PM
12/01/09 05:58 PM
Texas, United States
Pathfinder Offline
Shy Boomer
Pathfinder  Offline
Shy Boomer

Texas, United States
I have to confess that the Dark Fall games are amongst my all time favorites (along with The Lost Crown). I preordered Lost Souls just prior to Thanksgiving. I'm really looking forward to another terrifying journey.

Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: JennyP] #572963
12/01/09 06:21 PM
12/01/09 06:21 PM
J
jfcwilson Offline
Settled Boomer
jfcwilson  Offline
Settled Boomer
J

Quote:
I guess that's why I like to buy game 'soundtracks' (Riven is my favourite),

Mine too! The game is also one of my favorite-in the top five, which are: Riven, Barrow Hill, The Lost Crown, Riddle of the sphinx, and Sherlock Holmes Vs. Jack the Ripper. Suitable, if a bit random, company.

Quote:
Wonderful!! A highly recommended film, from a true indie. The film cost $15,000, to make...which, if anything, is proof that sometimes less is more!

Got to see this one!

The music in DF:LS sounds superb, and I can't wait to hear it!

Currently working on:
The Factory(suspense-thriller, coming 2015)
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls goes Gold! [Re: jfcwilson] #573605
12/04/09 12:26 AM
12/04/09 12:26 AM
Iowa
Mystery Lover Offline
Settled Boomer
Mystery Lover  Offline
Settled Boomer

Iowa
I have to confess, even though Lost Souls looks super creepy, I think I'm going to buy it.:) What I loved about both DF games is the mystery and story behind the mystery, and it looks like Lost Souls is the same way.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 291 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users