GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS #580059
12/22/09 01:55 PM
12/22/09 01:55 PM
Trenton,New Jersey,U.S.A.
Michael Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Michael  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

My question belongs in this forum because it is about the nature of the story (as relates to success or failure-which is in essence a hint question)

Click to reveal..
But what I'm curious about is what was the final outcome of Inspector (choosing to have Amy stay ending)?

The only thing I saw was the hospital light and hearing the Doctors.

Were the Doctors able to revive Inspector?

What was his final outcome?

Did he escape?

Did he die of heart failure?

Were there multiple endings in addition to the Amy Stay-Amy Go endings?

Last edited by MaG; 12/22/09 02:31 PM. Reason: moved, edited and placed spoiler tags

Michael
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Michael] #580072
12/22/09 02:33 PM
12/22/09 02:33 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

I moved you to Discussion forum.

NO - it is not a hints forum question. You are asking about the storyline (not how to continue with a puzzle or ask for a solution) which should be here at Discussion forum.

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Michael] #580132
12/22/09 07:39 PM
12/22/09 07:39 PM
Michael Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Michael  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I have come to the conclusion that this game is one of the most enjoyable adventure titles I have played in at least the last five years.

Quite remarkable!

I would like to know about the ending

Click to reveal..
What happens to the Inspector?

Is he killed (last scenario)

How does the the player judge if they were successful at the last scenario?

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 12/22/09 08:05 PM. Reason: added spoiler tag

Michael
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Michael] #581022
12/26/09 12:27 AM
12/26/09 12:27 AM
Michael Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Michael  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Is there someone who can help me with this?

Michael
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Michael] #581024
12/26/09 12:54 AM
12/26/09 12:54 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Sorry Michael, I have not finished yet.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #581027
12/26/09 01:13 AM
12/26/09 01:13 AM
Islington London England UK
Dumbledore Offline
Shy Boomer
Dumbledore  Offline
Shy Boomer

Islington London England UK
Hi Michael,
that's a difficult one. I had a similar response when I played the game.
Jonathan doesn't always reveal a definitive answer to this kind of question,
preferring to let gamers interact with the story in their own way.
Personally, I got the feeling that the game is about redemption.

Maybe asking some further questions might help you reach your own conclusion(or at least open up some debate).
So, here are a few to get you going.
1. Was the inspector alive?
2. Did the inspectors medication contribute to his perceptions?
3. What happened to the soul, that couldn't be helped?
4. Who remains trapped in the hotel at the end?

I know this doesn't answer the question but might help you clarify your own feeling about what finally happened. :-)

Last edited by Dumbledore; 12/26/09 01:14 AM.
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Dumbledore] #581059
12/26/09 07:04 AM
12/26/09 07:04 AM
cornwall england
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer
old lady  Offline
Settled Boomer

cornwall england
Click to reveal..
The drug "clozapine" is an antipysotic used to treat people who suffer from hearing voices, seeing things that are not there and who are paranoid. It should not be taken with alchol.
So had the inspector stopped taking the drug or was he mixing it with the vodka?

Has any one seen any little gray cells around as I think I've lost some? Reward for finder.
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: old lady] #581846
12/28/09 07:38 PM
12/28/09 07:38 PM
P
Phoenix Star Offline
Shy Boomer
Phoenix Star  Offline
Shy Boomer
P

Click to reveal..
I think Echo and the voice in front of the water tower was an illusion due to the pills and vodka, and that Amy killed Mr. Bones to make The Inspector feel like he killed him with his false accusation (of which he may have also done because of hallucinations) so that he would feel bad and stay behind to save her, thinking he deserved it. I don't know how it ended (it really could have gone either way) but if I was the Inspector I would have gotten the hell out of there, as Bones said it was Amy's own choice to go to the hotel, which somehow qualifies as a "better" place. If you choose to leave, I think the Inspector ended up in the real police office (not an illusion in the hotel) and passed out, but will be OK as the doctors said. If not, clearly he was taken by the Dark Fall like Amy was originally. However, the whole game could have been a hallucination because of the vodka and pills. The Shadowkin killing him on Floor 1 could have simply been an overdose...(he was also in the hospital after that, but dying...) and choosing to leave Amy behind may have let him wake up. And I did see a few inconsistencies from The Journal, but I always assumed that they had been changed in 2003 when all the architects were there...

The whole sister thing was just totally weird though, and I did not get that at all. I could see Amy wanting to make them her sisters if she was just a fan of the books...but it was a tale of FOUR sisters, and the fourth was never mentioned. It was like Amy was a planned part of their family...and what was this about talking to Hazel and suddenly starting a fire? That's how Hazel died, by a farmer burning his fields...I would say that the books are a metaphor of Amy's sisters, but she's an only child! That whole thing was just way too confusing...leave it to Jonathan to make a game like that. Did anyone download the Companion Guide? The Lights Out CG cleared up some things a bit (albiet five years later)...just wondered if some of the mysteries were solved in that. And did anyone notice the author of the Sister books? Edmund Gruel...a Lost Crown reference. That man was so strange...

And what was with all the magazines all over the floor in the hotel and water tower with hot guys on them? I'm not even going to BEGIN to think of an explanation for that...

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Dumbledore] #583351
01/02/10 03:32 PM
01/02/10 03:32 PM
Michael Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Michael  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: Dumbledore
Hi Michael,
that's a difficult one. I had a similar response when I played the game.
Jonathan doesn't always reveal a definitive answer to this kind of question,
preferring to let gamers interact with the story in their own way.
Personally, I got the feeling that the game is about redemption.

Maybe asking some further questions might help you reach your own conclusion(or at least open up some debate).
So, here are a few to get you going.
1. Was the inspector alive?
2. Did the inspectors medication contribute to his perceptions?
3. What happened to the soul, that couldn't be helped?
4. Who remains trapped in the hotel at the end?

I know this doesn't answer the question but might help you clarify your own feeling about what finally happened. :-)

You see this is the thing (at the end);

Was the Inspector alive?

I don't know..

I could have chosen from two different endings (see above)

It did not appear (from either ending) that Inspector survived.

I could be wrong

I simply did not perceive this from the final (choice of two) scenarios.

Perhaps there were other alternative endings I did not see.

Does anyone know of this?

My interpretation (of Inspector dying) would be I failed at the game but how would I know whether he did or did not?

Surely (as evidenced by ending scenario) I would consider that I had "failed" and therefore lost the game were I to have chosen the; "I'm going,you stay,Amy",ending

Sometimes, I perceived stuff like the pills,vodka etc. were supposed to represent Inspector's personal demons he was trying to conquer. Other times I thought these "demons" belonged to some other malevolent being and Inspector was battling it.

It seemed to me (from a purely simplistic point of view) that by stabbing those creatures with the scissors that I defeated someone's demons but I don't know who they belonged to.

Last edited by Michael; 01/02/10 03:52 PM.

Michael
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Michael] #583363
01/02/10 04:14 PM
01/02/10 04:14 PM
Germany
seagul Offline
Settled Boomer
seagul  Offline
Settled Boomer

Germany
It seems to me the Inspektor had
Click to reveal..
too much of his medicine mixed with alcohol (we see real fotografs of the abuse when the Inspektor encounters the Life Leech in the bathroom - so this seems to be a part that took place in the reality).
So he fellt in a sort of coma, where he experienced a strange dream, caused by his bad conscience (he killed Mr. Bones) and the unfinished case of Amy he could never solve.
If this strange dream has his own reality is not revealed to us.

At the end of
Click to reveal..
this dream the inspektor has two options: to change the place with Amy or to left her behind.

Which option is the best,
Click to reveal..
we don't know. Amy isn't a charming and innocent child which should be protected. She is evil, says the actress (Maltilda Fly), and Amy behaves strange. Even her schoolmistress is disgusted about her.
So should the Inspektor leave Amy in the claws of the Dark Fall? That means he is dead in the real world and replaces Amy as a ghost in the hotel.

Or
Click to reveal..
should the inspektor save his own life by leaving Amy? We see how he comes back to the real world and hear a doctor saying that he is going to be alright.

Like often in the games of Jonathan Boakes there is no simple story, no clear and definite ending, no obvious facts, you have to think about the whole game and find your own answers. There are hints in the game. Think about all the unanswered questions, all the oppositional events and all the different elements that build the game. Perhaps you find your answers, but it takes time. luck

edit:
Originally Posted By: Michael
[

It seemed to me (from a purely simplistic point of view) that by stabbing those creatures with the scissors that I defeated someone's demons but I don't know who they belonged to.

The demons/Life Leech hold the ghosts captive, as Gloria and Matilda say after the inspector kills their Life Leech.
This is said about the Life Leech on the game-side:
Quote:
Life Leech: A vile, stinking creature that lives off souls in torment. Like a parasite, it is utterly dependent on a host, a ghost trapped in purgatory. The leech feeds and lives by consuming the negative energy created when somebody dies prematurely, and is unable to 'move on'. Only by successfully calling up a spirit, or ghost, will you be able to see the Life Leech itself. It is a precious moment, and all too brief, given that you must vanquish the leech to 'free' the ghost and communicate with them.

Last edited by seagul; 01/02/10 04:21 PM.
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Michael] #583405
01/02/10 07:46 PM
01/02/10 07:46 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Michael
Click to reveal..
Surely (as evidenced by ending scenario) I would consider that I had "failed" and therefore lost the game were I to have chosen the; "I'm going,you stay,Amy",ending.

Click to reveal..
That depends on how you interpret things. What makes you think Amy would have left, even if the Inspector were to stay?

The way I see it, Amy can't be saved. She willingly gave herself to the Dark Fall. And she is trying to get the Inspector to give himself to the Dark Fall as well.

Another idea... How did Echo know where to go next? Maybe the events in the game have been cycling -- and they've all happened before. Echo is the part of the Inspector's mind that remembers what needs to be done. Every time the Inspector chooses to stay for Amy's sake, the Dark Fall devours him and the game plays out all over again. Only by leaving Amy behind and refusing to play her "game" can the Inspector "wake up" and resume his life.

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Jenny100] #583603
01/03/10 01:17 PM
01/03/10 01:17 PM
P
Phoenix Star Offline
Shy Boomer
Phoenix Star  Offline
Shy Boomer
P

Click to reveal..
So it could all be a dream, and if he dies at the end, he replaces Amy's ghost in the hotel, or not, and they would both be there and she would have company. Or it could also be real, but I'm leaning more towards a dream. Quite interesting.

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Phoenix Star] #583607
01/03/10 01:29 PM
01/03/10 01:29 PM
England
Jill Offline
Addicted Boomer
Jill  Offline
Addicted Boomer

England
I've just finished playing the Lost Crown which I thought was outstanding in every respect and was planning to buy DF Lost Souls. However I read somewhere that there are some tricky timed sequences in it. Is this right? If so can they be oversome with a bit of trial and error? I just can't manage the speed needed on some otherwise super games. For instance I'm stuck right at the end of Nancy Drew Phantom of Venice and had to give up.

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Phoenix Star] #583618
01/03/10 02:02 PM
01/03/10 02:02 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Phoenix Star
Click to reveal..
So it could all be a dream, and if he dies at the end, he replaces Amy's ghost in the hotel, or not, and they would both be there and she would have company. Or it could also be real, but I'm leaning more towards a dream. Quite interesting.

Click to reveal..
Yes, I think the whole thing is a hallucination -- combined with serious side effects of his medication. The nightmare/hallucination is a manifestation of his mind working through his obsession with finding Amy. If you look up his drug, Clozapine, in the ***Wilkipedia***, it has serious side effects:

"The FDA also requires clozapine to carry five black box warnings for agranulocytosis, seizures, myocarditis, for "other adverse cardiovascular and respiratory effects", and for "increased mortality in elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis.""

In the situations where the Inspector is overwhelmed by one of the shadowkin, or when he goes up the stairs and is overwhelmed by black Dark Fall symbols, you see a cut scene where the doctors are reviving him after his heart has stopped.

Even if what you see in the game is a dream, you could still see it as having ties to the evil of the Dark Fall. The Inspector's spirit could be trapped in the old hotel/train station while his body is in the hospital. Time could be running differently in the nightmare, with the part of the game you're spending in the nightmare taking only seconds in the "real world" where the doctors are trying to revive the Inspector.

One part I'm not clear about is Amy's sisters. They seem to be characters written about by Mr. Gruel, and they appear in the game as dolls. Yet Amy seems to talk about them as if they were once real sisters that she could play with.

Also I don't understand what the mannikins are supposed to represent. There is that one room with the TV where you have to do a puzzle before the shadowkin gets you - and the shadowkin seems to be inside a mannikin, or animating the mannikin, that approaches you as you are doing the puzzle. But most of the mannikins maintain static poses through out the game, and some are helpful -- pointing out things for you to look at.

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Jenny100] #583964
01/04/10 02:02 PM
01/04/10 02:02 PM
P
Phoenix Star Offline
Shy Boomer
Phoenix Star  Offline
Shy Boomer
P

Originally Posted By: Jill
I've just finished playing the Lost Crown which I thought was outstanding in every respect and was planning to buy DF Lost Souls. However I read somewhere that there are some tricky timed sequences in it. Is this right? If so can they be oversome with a bit of trial and error? I just can't manage the speed needed on some otherwise super games. For instance I'm stuck right at the end of Nancy Drew Phantom of Venice and had to give up.

There's one timed sequence but it's very easy to get by.

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Click to reveal..
Yes, I think the whole thing is a hallucination -- combined with serious side effects of his medication. The nightmare/hallucination is a manifestation of his mind working through his obsession with finding Amy. If you look up his drug, Clozapine, in the ***Wilkipedia***, it has serious side effects:

"The FDA also requires clozapine to carry five black box warnings for agranulocytosis, seizures, myocarditis, for "other adverse cardiovascular and respiratory effects", and for "increased mortality in elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis.""

In the situations where the Inspector is overwhelmed by one of the shadowkin, or when he goes up the stairs and is overwhelmed by black Dark Fall symbols, you see a cut scene where the doctors are reviving him after his heart has stopped.

Even if what you see in the game is a dream, you could still see it as having ties to the evil of the Dark Fall. The Inspector's spirit could be trapped in the old hotel/train station while his body is in the hospital. Time could be running differently in the nightmare, with the part of the game you're spending in the nightmare taking only seconds in the "real world" where the doctors are trying to revive the Inspector.

One part I'm not clear about is Amy's sisters. They seem to be characters written about by Mr. Gruel, and they appear in the game as dolls. Yet Amy seems to talk about them as if they were once real sisters that she could play with.

Also I don't understand what the mannikins are supposed to represent. There is that one room with the TV where you have to do a puzzle before the shadowkin gets you - and the shadowkin seems to be inside a mannikin, or animating the mannikin, that approaches you as you are doing the puzzle. But most of the mannikins maintain static poses through out the game, and some are helpful -- pointing out things for you to look at.

Click to reveal..
Yeah I didn't get the sisters either. I think the mannequins are just Amy's decor for the hotel, haha...

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Phoenix Star] #583971
01/04/10 02:28 PM
01/04/10 02:28 PM
England
Jill Offline
Addicted Boomer
Jill  Offline
Addicted Boomer

England
Thanks, Phoenix Star. I'll definitely be getting this game now smile

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Phoenix Star] #584539
01/06/10 09:47 AM
01/06/10 09:47 AM
A
Argyle1968 Offline
Settled Boomer
Argyle1968  Offline
Settled Boomer
A

I think Jonathan likes to leave his games open to interpretation, and that any reasonable interpretation is valid. That said, my own sense of what happened is

Click to reveal..
What we "play" is more or less a "death dream". Those who've seen the film Mulholland Drive will understand what I mean by that. What I believe happens is that our character, the Inspector, has botched a murder investigation. He knows that Amy is dead, he is 99% certain that Bones killed her, and he also knows that because he didn't have the evidence to tie Bones to Amy, Bones walked. These facts have haunted us for years, leading to a dependency on the drugs and vodka. At the beginning of the game, our desperation and despair have reached a crisis point. We wander into the old tunnel where we have built a shrine to Amy. We overdose. We hallucinate in our final waking moments. What follows is a guilt-ridden nightmare that we manufacture to rationalize what has happened.

Whether Amy is indeed a macabre little girl, whether she and Bones were involved in black magic, whether we even killed Bones is all red herring, IMO. It enhances the plot, and ups the creep factor, but I think the basic plot here is that our failures as a law enforcement officer have resulted in a diseased and warped mind that has manufactured a rather ghoulish and nightmarish end for ourself.

The two resolutions at the end of the game are equally open to interpretation, but I don't think either suggests that we've survived the ordeal. If we "free" Amy, then we've accepted responsibility and come to terms with that. If we don't, our nightmare continues into eternity.

That's about a penny's worth.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Argyle1968] #584640
01/06/10 04:27 PM
01/06/10 04:27 PM
Germany
seagul Offline
Settled Boomer
seagul  Offline
Settled Boomer

Germany
Hello, Argyle, i like your idea that
Click to reveal..
the events in the tunnel are part of the real world.

You say
Click to reveal..
that the altar in the tunnel was made by the Inspector. I think it is Mr. Bones who constructed the altar. A hint might be the card in which Mr. Bones apologizes about Amys death
Quote:
I could never hurt you ... Where are you?
The doll parts and the mannequins are other hints. Everything seems to be arranged by Mr. Bones.
I think (if we can presume, that the events in the tunnel before the Inspectors blackout happen in the real world) this blackout may be caused by his realisation that he killed an innocent man. So this realisation (and his abuse) lead to his blackout and the following events.

I can't understand why you believe
Click to reveal..
the greatest part of the story is only a red hering. Perhaps you havent't played a game made by Jonathan Boakes before? My experience with his games is, that every little bit has a meaning for the whole story - that is one of the reasons why i love his games.

As i understand you, you believe the Inspector is
Click to reveal..
experiencing a bad dream which may never end. As it is put at darkfallgames.com, it seems to me, the inspector is enclosed in a regret as
Quote:
a place in time and space where somebody made the 'wrong' decision. It is something they would always regret, possibly leading to their own demise.
Matilda, Gloria and Andrew are caught in such regrets, but we can conclude that the Inspector is it, too. He is in a kind of purgatorium.

That leads me to the
Click to reveal..
two resolutions at the and of the game. It seems that one decision "awakes" him to the reality and the other one makes him a prey of the Dark Fall. But you may be right by saying, that he will never survive the ordeal. It can be that if he chooses the wrong answer his purgatorium will be renewed and he has to experience the whole events anew - as it seems to happen for the other 3 ghosts. They could only escape their purgatorium by unterstanding their errors and making it better/correcting tham by creating new memories.

But what is the error that the inspector has made?
Click to reveal..
It ist not his failure to find Amy, it is the murder of Mr. Bones, comitted by him because he was driven to find Amy or at least take revenge for the death of Amy. The Inspector is driven by his thoughts about Amy, they lead him to murder. So in his purgatorium he must himself free from this thoughts.

What do you (and all the others) think about that idea?

There are so many interesting leads in this game, that till now nobody has mentioned.
For example
Click to reveal..
there is a phrase writen on the wall of the lady toilett:
Quote:
and to him was given the key to the bottomless pit

Revelation 9:1:
Quote:
And the fifth angel sounded the trumpet: and I saw a star fall from heaven upon the earth. And there was given to him the key of the bottomless pit.
This bottomless pit is interpreted as the hell, as waters deep under the earth and as the place of punishement in the Septuagint cosmography (didn't know itbefore, but you can find it with google).
If we than look at the story, we see in the book with the sign of the Dark Fall, we can notice the Dark Fall represented as a star and a well, where the Dark Fall can survive the assaults of the man with the artifact.

That leads us towards many new ideas.

I hope i made myself clear, my vocabulary is so limited. blush

Last edited by seagul; 01/06/10 04:38 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: seagul] #584646
01/06/10 04:52 PM
01/06/10 04:52 PM
P
Phoenix Star Offline
Shy Boomer
Phoenix Star  Offline
Shy Boomer
P

Click to reveal..
Until now I had always thought killing Mr. Bones was a lie by his subconscious, but maybe The Inspector actually killed him in reality with scissors, hence their prominence in the dream. And maybe he did that because of his mixture of pills and vodka, and truly believed he needed to die.

Yes, maybe the dream DOES repeat if he chooses to let Amy go - then he starts screaming in blackness exactly like after he left the tunnel! A dream would also make more sense than reality because of the carrying of objects to different memories and back (which doesn't make sense), allowing time to be changed and nullifying the first game. But I guess that didn't even happen itself...:/

Originally Posted By: seagul
There are so many interesting leads in this game, that till now nobody has mentioned.
For example
Click to reveal..
there is a phrase writen on the wall of the lady toilett:
Quote:
and to him was given the key to the bottomless pit

Revelation 9:1:
Quote:
And the fifth angel sounded the trumpet: and I saw a star fall from heaven upon the earth. And there was given to him the key of the bottomless pit.
This bottomless pit is interpreted as the hell, as waters deep under the earth and as the place of punishement in the Septuagint cosmography (didn't know itbefore, but you can find it with google).
If we than look at the story, we see in the book with the sign of the Dark Fall, we can notice the Dark Fall represented as a star and a well, where the Dark Fall can survive the assaults of the man with the artifact.

That leads us towards many new ideas.

Wow, that's interesting! I remember that was on the wall of the bathroom in Dark Fall 1, but I did not catch the picture reference.

Last edited by Phoenix Star; 01/06/10 04:54 PM.
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Phoenix Star] #584667
01/06/10 05:57 PM
01/06/10 05:57 PM
Germany
seagul Offline
Settled Boomer
seagul  Offline
Settled Boomer

Germany
A wonderfull idea with the
Click to reveal..
scissors. This could be a hint in the direction i was pointing.
Originally Posted By: Phoenix Star
And maybe he did that because of his mixture of pills and vodka, and truly believed he needed to die.
I thought he started the drug abuse because of the murder and because of his obsession with Amy. It seems to me, all started with Amys dissapearence. The Inspector investigated and got caught by the idea of the innocent child he was not able to guard/find. This lead him to plant the evidence and, as he didn't succeed with this, he followd Mr. Bones to his hiding-place and killed him on bonfire night. But thats only my logic, i found no obviuos hints in this direction.

Wow, that's interesting! I remember that was on the wall of the bathroom in Dark Fall 1, but I did not catch the picture reference. [/quote]

There are so many interesting hints in the game. For example

Click to reveal..
the 3 dolls, to which Amy refers as her sisters.
We know about the book "The four sisters" and Rowan, Ashley and Hazel. The forth sister is never mentioned (as someone stated here before). On the cover of the book we see only 3 sisters and a doll. Is Amy the sister # 4? Sounds not right, because her name doesn't refer to a plant, like the other sisters names. In Amys schoolbooks she mentions a girl called Hazel, which she injured by fire. Strange coincidence. It leeds me to the idea, that perhaps Amy "created" her sisters in some way. She was, because of her macabre behaviour, surely a lonely child without friends.

It is, too, a strange coincidence, that Amy
Click to reveal..
went missing on the day the schoolmistress wrote the letter about Amy to be expelled from school. So we can assume, Amy run away and had no intent to come back. She was to much in the world of ghosts and her (imaginary) sisters.

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: seagul] #584694
01/06/10 07:48 PM
01/06/10 07:48 PM
P
Phoenix Star Offline
Shy Boomer
Phoenix Star  Offline
Shy Boomer
P

Click to reveal..
Perhaps the books were just part of the hallucination and she made the dolls and their personas herself.

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Phoenix Star] #584837
01/07/10 08:31 AM
01/07/10 08:31 AM
cornwall england
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer
old lady  Offline
Settled Boomer

cornwall england
I love the way Jonathan's games throw up so many ideas and make me think.
Click to reveal..
[/spoiler]I thought that having achived her aim of meeting her dark angels with the help of Mr Bones she then lured him to the water tower, locked him in and left him to die[spoiler]

Has any one seen any little gray cells around as I think I've lost some? Reward for finder.
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: old lady] #585010
01/07/10 05:26 PM
01/07/10 05:26 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: old lady
Click to reveal..
I thought that having achived her aim of meeting her dark angels with the help of Mr Bones she then lured him to the water tower, locked him in and left him to die

Click to reveal..
It looked to me like he was jammed into a small closet. I don't see how a little girl like Amy could jam a grown man into a closet, even if he were already dead. And I don't see why he'd have consented to get inside the closet if he were conscious. Unless Amy mind-controlled the Inspector into doing it, I don't think she's responsible for that particular bit of evil.

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Jenny100] #585275
01/08/10 10:22 AM
01/08/10 10:22 AM
cornwall england
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer
old lady  Offline
Settled Boomer

cornwall england
Click to reveal..
[/spoiler]However, Mr Bones, who adored Amy, would have been willing to play one of her games, hide and seek springs to mind. He hides in the space in the water tower and Amy then blocks the entrance and leaves him to die. She returns when he is dead and places the coins over his eyes. Maybe he is to be a guardian for the sisters coffins?[spoiler]

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: old lady] #585307
01/08/10 11:43 AM
01/08/10 11:43 AM
Germany
seagul Offline
Settled Boomer
seagul  Offline
Settled Boomer

Germany
Click to reveal..
It seems to me the Inspector is a much more evident murder. It fits in the story. But on the other hand: i can't imagine the Inspektor giving Mr. Bones the two coins for the ferryman.

Did someone understand the link between
Click to reveal..
the three dolls in the coffins and Mr. Bones? The 3 dolls are the sisters Amy is talking about. Are they her dark Angels? The ghosts can' t be her dark angels, they don't care about Amy and don't protect her.

Did anyone notice that the subtitle of the game is "it knows your name" and we never get to know the name of the Inspector?
Or that the moonlike symbol that stands for the "o" in "Souls" has the same shape as the Dark Fall image in the book?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 291 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users