GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Simon the Sorcerer: Who'd Even Want Contact?! -- A Review by Flotsam & Becky #606225
03/16/10 12:53 PM
03/16/10 12:53 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Simon finds himself in the middle of a Nihonian invasion (little green men from outer space), and puts his magical "skills" and infinite thinking/storage cap to the test. Can he save the Magic World?!

(As an extra bonus for Simon 5, you can read all about it from two perspectives.)

Simon the Sorcerer: Who'd Even Want Contact?!

Re: Simon the Sorcerer: Who'd Even Want Contact?! -- A Review by Flotsam & Becky [Re: Becky] #606228
03/16/10 01:08 PM
03/16/10 01:08 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks Becky and flotsam for a great look inside the game. yay

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Simon the Sorcerer: Who'd Even Want Contact?! -- A Review by Flotsam & Becky [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #606244
03/16/10 01:58 PM
03/16/10 01:58 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi Becky and flotsam and thank you for the dual reviews smile

I'm playing the game right now and do agree with a lot of what you say ....

Yes, we have edged a little closer to the original Simon character with this release, but we're not quite there and I doubt we ever will be.
I feel games "take on the aspect of their times" and the original Simon was created a long time ago in a very different adventure gaming world yes

But, I must admit to enjoying the game as a game and will certainly continue to buy more in this new series if more are made.

They are, in my opinion, polished productions which certainly offer some entertaining moments grin

Cheers.

Mad wave

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Simon the Sorcerer: Who'd Even Want Contact?! -- A Review by Flotsam & Becky [Re: Mad] #606283
03/16/10 04:18 PM
03/16/10 04:18 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
thanks Becky and flotsam. I loved the first two Simon games. They reminded me of the vastly under rated Discworld games. Simon 3D was not a favorite of mine but from the reviews I have read I think I want to pickup Simon 4&5.

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Simon the Sorcerer: Who'd Even Want Contact?! -- A Review by Flotsam & Becky [Re: Space Quest Fan] #606558
03/17/10 07:29 PM
03/17/10 07:29 PM
D
DaveHT Offline
Settled Boomer
DaveHT  Offline
Settled Boomer
D

I love the contrasting views from Becky and flotsam. GB should consider doing more of the dual reviews. This is especially important for a sequel from a long-running series. Having one reviewer familiar with the series and another not is a bonus and ensures a balanced view.

Re: Simon the Sorcerer: Who'd Even Want Contact?! -- A Review by Flotsam & Becky [Re: DaveHT] #606567
03/17/10 08:17 PM
03/17/10 08:17 PM
Denmark
Z
Zimbo Offline
Shy Boomer
Zimbo  Offline
Shy Boomer
Z

Denmark
Yeah, this is a good review. I've played it, and I did not like it. While it does have a few things going for it (puzzles and graphics), everything else was just... meh. Voice acting is anywhere from good to absolutely appalling depending on the character. And I still don't understand why "adult" humor and swear words have to be included in these games, it detracts from the whole experience. Now, the ending is in my opinion the absolutely worst thing about this game. It isn't funny in any way, and it doesn't really make a lot of sense. Honestly, if it wasn't for the ending, I would rate this game a bit below average, but it just left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on. -Billy Connolly
Re: Simon the Sorcerer: Who'd Even Want Contact?! -- A Review by Flotsam & Becky [Re: Zimbo] #609754
03/29/10 08:31 AM
03/29/10 08:31 AM
Southern Exposure
lexxy Offline
Addicted Boomer
lexxy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Southern Exposure
I see that right now this game is only available via download, which I am not crazy about, but does anyone know if they are entertaining the thought of releasing it in a retail version? I have a lot of BF games currently on my hard drive and I don't want to clutter it up too much.

carol
It doesn't cost a dime to be kind
----------------------------
Currently playing The Moment Of Silence
Re: Simon the Sorcerer: Who'd Even Want Contact?! -- A Review by Flotsam & Becky [Re: lexxy] #609767
03/29/10 09:40 AM
03/29/10 09:40 AM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

I haven't heard anything about a retail release in English.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (jboliver), 305 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users