GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Filmmaker Game - Opinions #618160
04/29/10 12:06 PM
04/29/10 12:06 PM
Woodbury
Puzzlewoman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Puzzlewoman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Woodbury
Can we get some opinions of this new game from those who are playing it now? How is the storyline? Level of difficulty of the puzzles and so on.. The screenshots look good. I was unable to find a review on it yet online.

"Why didn't Noah swat those two
mosquitoes?"
Currently playing: The next big thing
Re: The Filmmaker Game - Opinions [Re: Puzzlewoman] #618214
04/29/10 03:47 PM
04/29/10 03:47 PM
Ottawa, Canada
Mordack Offline
Settled Boomer
Mordack  Offline
Settled Boomer

Ottawa, Canada
I'll offer my opinion but I must admit up front that I'm biased to the positive on this game style. I've only played about a third of it as well. If you've read the game description then you know the game takes place in a theater were the story unfolds through discovered writings but lets face it, this game is all about the puzzles. The story setup is good and I need that connection but it's the puzzles. Each puzzle seems to be designed to be fair but also designed to be lengthy. Yes, there are some quick, 5 minute solves but there are others that require an hour with a pencil and paper. It can really put your head to use. So far, no puzzle has been obtuse as to what has to be accomplished. I haven't used the fortune teller yet but as I understand it, she will supply hints, clues or Saturdays lottery numbers if you're stuck. Graphics are 1024 x 768 and to me are on par with a small development team. I'd liken this game to The 7th Guest style and if you enjoyed it then you'll enjoy "The Filmmaker". I know I am.

Re: The Filmmaker Game - Opinions [Re: Mordack] #618224
04/29/10 04:09 PM
04/29/10 04:09 PM
Woodbury
Puzzlewoman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Puzzlewoman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Woodbury
Hey thanks for your input! I loved the 7th guest! It sounds right up my alley:)

"Why didn't Noah swat those two
mosquitoes?"
Currently playing: The next big thing
Re: The Filmmaker Game - Opinions [Re: Puzzlewoman] #618627
05/01/10 10:21 AM
05/01/10 10:21 AM
Collegeville, PA USA
dmtomchick Offline
Addicted Boomer
dmtomchick  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Collegeville, PA USA
I'm about 1/2 way through it and am really enjoying it. I'm definitely not a puzzle person, but since I liked Chris's previous two games, and I liked the story behind this one, I decided to get it anyway, and I'm glad I did!! Even though it's primarily a puzzle game, there is a story line to it, and a good and interesting one at that. I'll admit that I did need the help of the guide that I also purchased for a few of the puzzles, but I am proud to say that I did NOT need it at all for the logic puzzle--completed that bad boy all by myself!!! happydance I can't wait to see how it ends, and am also looking forward to his next game, Stonewell Penintary. (I have no idea if that word is spelled right--LOL!! lol)

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (curly, Winfrey, 1 invisible), 244 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users