GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish #654886
09/17/10 09:10 AM
09/17/10 09:10 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
You can download Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White here.

Quote:
Who is this Woman in White and where did she come from? Walter Hartright, a poor drawing teacher, finds himself in the middle of an inexplicable mystery. Somehow his future is intertwined with an elusive woman who harbors a dreadful secret. A secret so damaging her life is in danger! Explore Victorian mansions finding Hidden Objects, search for clues, uncover diabolical plots, root out the lies, and discover the truth in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White.

Gorgeous locations
Immersive atmosphere
Discover her secret!
Get the Strategy Guide !
Check out our Blog Walkthrough

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #654896
09/17/10 09:57 AM
09/17/10 09:57 AM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
I like it. Voices, good graphics, good story, good HOG scenes and it has two levels of play.

Exploring a mansion, using inventory items to solve the mystery.

I am due a credit next week and will probably use it on this one. If I can wait that long...:)

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: NYLady] #654921
09/17/10 11:54 AM
09/17/10 11:54 AM
North Carolina
bkrytr Offline
Addicted Boomer
bkrytr  Offline
Addicted Boomer

North Carolina
The loading's a pain in the patoot.I download wt to fav's and exit game to see what's next, then resume game. Most games exit fast, reload fast cause you can click the skip button. This one you have to waaaaait. Good game, tho.

I really enjoy mornings. I just wish they came later in the day.
Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: bkrytr] #654923
09/17/10 12:21 PM
09/17/10 12:21 PM
Canada
Tammy64 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tammy64  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canada
I just finished the game. That was super.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Tammy64] #654928
09/17/10 12:36 PM
09/17/10 12:36 PM
Vancouver Island BC Canada
menahune Offline
Settled Boomer
menahune  Offline
Settled Boomer

Vancouver Island BC Canada
I've been waiting for this one for a long time, and there's a credit burning a hole in my pocket

Tried to read the book by Wilkie Collins several times - while standing about in the bookstore. It's 800 pages - puleeze - not for me

Almost finished the demo, and having to check the walkthru about mixing paint

Janice

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: menahune] #654932
09/17/10 01:00 PM
09/17/10 01:00 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I've read the book twice so will be checking out the game, for sure. grin

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Marian] #655012
09/17/10 08:30 PM
09/17/10 08:30 PM
Rivellon
T
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer
traveler  Offline
Addicted Boomer
T

Rivellon
Well, here comes cranky. Way long ago, I read quite a bit of Wilkie Collins, so I was interested but this demo is a mess. The hint system doesn't work, at least on that first HOG scene, and since I had NO idea what manganese looks like (who thought that one up?), I needed it. (Close out, head for Google.) If you use something from inventory somewhere you shouldn't have, boy does the game let you know it! If you reload, you don't go straight to Play, you have to watch the opening cut scene again. Once again, I'll pass.

I know, I know, I should stick to Adventure Games and stop grousing. <g>

Gil.

"Best not to think about it. I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought."
Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: traveler] #655019
09/17/10 08:43 PM
09/17/10 08:43 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, traveler!

If it's any consolation, BFG is aware of the problem with the "Hint" button not working in the first HO scene and are working on a fix.

I played and enjoyed the demo, but I'm not going to buy it until I read that all of the bugs have been ironed out.

Susan

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Susie07] #655042
09/17/10 10:20 PM
09/17/10 10:20 PM
somewhere in time
Happy Gamer Offline
Addicted Boomer
Happy Gamer  Offline
Addicted Boomer

somewhere in time
well I too am very sad as I tried twice to download and play this game...the sound is awful and the screen is jerky so I might not have the right video card or one that's too old. Not had this problem with any other Big Fish games....Have read many of Wilkie Collins books so was so excited about this game. Has anyone else had this experience?

Happy Gamer

Last edited by Happy Gamer; 09/17/10 10:21 PM.
Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Happy Gamer] #655046
09/17/10 10:41 PM
09/17/10 10:41 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Happy!

I had problems with a flickering screen on one of the demos I downloaded (when the game loaded, I could still see my desktop in the background) so I installed the latest drivers for my video card and that fixed the problem. Give that a try and see if it helps.

Susan

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Happy Gamer] #655049
09/17/10 10:43 PM
09/17/10 10:43 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Happy, some of the folks on the Big Fish forums have played through the game without problems; others have not. We will just have to wait and see, I guess, whether a new build is forthcoming. The game runs well for me without issues (with the exception of the hint button not working in the opening HOG scene, as mentioned above).

Does your computer meet the system requirements for the game? As Susan mentioned, checking for an update to your video drivers is a good idea.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Marian] #655068
09/18/10 12:10 AM
09/18/10 12:10 AM
Southern California
Darlene Offline
Adept Boomer
Darlene  Offline
Adept Boomer

Southern California
wave

Began the demo tonight. From the get-go, no problem, even with the hint button on the first HOG scene. Used it twice....
Have only played about 30 minutes, will get back to it tomorrow, maybe later tonight. We'll see how the rest of it plays out. So far, so good.

Woohoo and booyah! smile Have an easy peasy day!
Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Darlene] #655071
09/18/10 12:46 AM
09/18/10 12:46 AM
land gal just wanna have fun
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

this game does not save where you left off.

MISERY LIKES COMPANY sorry for shouting that but when I saw on BFG forum many people having same problem like me especially starts in chapt 2. I am not the only one with the save game problem it feels good to know it is not just my computer glitch. This isn't good and it is a shame because the game is a beautiful in so many ways.

I have PC vista 32 and did not have any problem launching the game. It really is a beautiful game and voices done beautifully with beautiful music that doesn't get on your nerves. I was in the gazebo and left to check out walkthru so I took it off full screen by going to main menu and clicking on options. I was doing this several times during the game with no problem. After I checked hints I clicked on play expecting no problems. WRONG now I have to join the voices in complaints.

I knew there was trouble when the intro started again and I was outside mansion so I clicked skip. I was relieved to see all my gazebo chapt 2 inventory still there proving the game was saved. Big relief on that. However I can't get back to the gazebo or the lake every room is saying nothing to do in the room. PLEASE help me someone how do I get back to the gazebo and the lake? Before I didn't walk to it once I unlocked the bedroom window saw the ghost game said in the morning I would check gazebo out. This is what happened it took me to chapt 2

After I returned to the game there appears no way to get back to the gazebo or lake. The map shows it and shows where I am at but when I click on the gazebo of course it is not interactive and does nothing.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated I hate to restart the game and I did purchase it. Truth is I hate the hog part burnt out on hogs after all these years of buying everyone on BFG the best part of this game is the interactive part in my opinion the mini games I have not had to skip a single one and for me that is not usual.

Buyer beware a great game but needs a update fix for many of us.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Sherryah] #655093
09/18/10 05:14 AM
09/18/10 05:14 AM
Norfolk UK
widget Offline
Settled Boomer
widget  Offline
Settled Boomer

Norfolk UK
I have had no problem [fingers X] have just bought it, loved the demo, love the game.

Keep going, the feeling great at the end.
Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Susie07] #655115
09/18/10 08:05 AM
09/18/10 08:05 AM
somewhere in time
Happy Gamer Offline
Addicted Boomer
Happy Gamer  Offline
Addicted Boomer

somewhere in time
Thanks Susan....(I'm a Susan too)...anyway, actually I need a newer Nvidia card anyway as I know mine's not being supported..it's FX6200 which is pretty pathetic so I'm off to Best Buy I guess. Drivers are all updated as much as they can be...couldn't even play Black Mirror II.

Marian- Do you have an opinion on how powerful a new card I should get? I know I'm way lower than I should be but the computer geeks at Best Buy did lots of work on my pc saying my card was fine for the type of gaming I was into....I suspect they are wrong?!
Loving these IHO games BTW

Happy Gamer

Last edited by Happy Gamer; 09/18/10 08:14 AM.
Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Happy Gamer] #655136
09/18/10 09:22 AM
09/18/10 09:22 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Originally Posted By: Happy Gamer

Marian- Do you have an opinion on how powerful a new card I should get? I know I'm way lower than I should be but the computer geeks at Best Buy did lots of work on my pc saying my card was fine for the type of gaming I was into....I suspect they are wrong?!
Loving these IHO games BTW

Happy Gamer

I'd post over in Glitches, Bugs and Patches and ask the experts over there. They can figure out what kind of video card upgrade your computer can accept and whether you would need to also upgrade your power supply, depending on what kind of a video card upgrade you got.

The other thing is to talk to Big Fish Customer Support to make sure your DirectX, Adobe Flash Player, Shockwave, etc., is also up to date. It's possible that all you need to do is to upgrade one of those programs in order to get this game running properly. They could look at your system specs and offer suggestions. smile

EDIT: As of today, the 18th, there is a new version of the game on Big Fish:

1. The hint button now works in the first HOG scene.

2. Fixes game not starting, or crashing, on the Big Fish splash screen

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Marian] #655258
09/18/10 08:10 PM
09/18/10 08:10 PM
somewhere in time
Happy Gamer Offline
Addicted Boomer
Happy Gamer  Offline
Addicted Boomer

somewhere in time
Marian-

I got a new video card this morning...Radeon HD3650 which is much more powerful than my Nvidia. However, I got home to play Woman in White and same problem with sound exists. Soooo I will check with Big Fish and go back to Best Buy tomorrow. Thanks for help.

Happy

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Happy Gamer] #655262
09/18/10 08:24 PM
09/18/10 08:24 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Have you checked to see if there is an upgrade for your sound drivers? That's what solved a sound problem I had once with a Big Fish game.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Happy Gamer] #655268
09/18/10 09:01 PM
09/18/10 09:01 PM
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Heads up there is a update for the game for those who can't get it to launch or it crashes. Bad news is many of us complained at BFG forum because if you leave the game to buy it especially after you go to the gazebo and lake you will not be able to proceed with the game.

The only thing to do is restart the game or start a new profile. The game for many people does not save where you leave off. So the suggestion is do not shut the game off for any reason. I uninstalled and reinstalled with new update and will not close the game. Never played a game like that before. So many people are complaining about the save bug hopefully it will be fixed with another update.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Sherryah] #655282
09/18/10 09:45 PM
09/18/10 09:45 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Sherryah!

I played the demo but held off buying the game because the "Hint" button was disabled in the first HO scene, and I read in the BFG forum about several other problems people were having.

I read this afternoon that a new version had been released that fixed all of the bugs so I purchased the game but, when I launched the Game Manager, there were no updates available, so I uninstalled the game and downloaded it again, believing I would get the new version. I did not because the "Hint" button was still disabled in the first HO scene and, once, after I quit the game and started to play again, I kept getting bounced back to my desktop.

I was finally able to finish the game without any more problems, but if a new version was released, I don't know why I didn't receive the update when I launched the Game Manager because none of the bugs I experienced in the demo were fixed.

Susan

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Susie07] #655283
09/18/10 09:57 PM
09/18/10 09:57 PM
somewhere in time
Happy Gamer Offline
Addicted Boomer
Happy Gamer  Offline
Addicted Boomer

somewhere in time
I checked my Game Manager also tonight and no updates were available. I had thought to buy and reload game also Susan...but maybe I should just forget it for now...bummer!

Happy Gamer

Marian.... supposedly when Computer Geeks did major "clean up" on my computer they updated all drivers though I couldn't update my video card as it was no longer supported. I will check my sound drivers again however...thanks for keeping the ideas coming...

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Happy Gamer] #655288
09/18/10 10:29 PM
09/18/10 10:29 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
For what it's worth, here's the page on Big Fish that outlines all the steps to ensure that your computer is fully up to date on all necessary programs to run Big Fish games:

Big Fish technical information

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Marian] #655291
09/18/10 10:53 PM
09/18/10 10:53 PM
somewhere in time
Happy Gamer Offline
Addicted Boomer
Happy Gamer  Offline
Addicted Boomer

somewhere in time
Thanks Marian....I had checked there but guess what....I GOT THE GAME TO PLAY...I messed with acceleration stuff in sound cards...dumped the Trial game and bit the dust buying the game. It plays....unreal. I have no idea why....but when you mentioned Sound card I remembered sliding the acceleration "dealie"...maybe that helped. Or maybe the "patch" was in the full game though others have bought game and still have problems...of course I might cry tomorrow when game fails in some other area...thanks again for help.

Hap

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Happy Gamer] #655294
09/18/10 11:33 PM
09/18/10 11:33 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Great idea about adjusting the acceleration! thumbsup

Hopefully you will be able to play the full game without incident. Fingers crossed! smile

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Happy Gamer] #655375
09/19/10 11:43 AM
09/19/10 11:43 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Happy!

I'm glad you finally got the game to run, but I'd still like to know what happened to the new version because I just launched the BFG Game Manager and no updates were shown.

I think you'll be very pleased with your new video card. I've been buying ATI cards since the mid '90s and wouldn't buy anything else.

Susan

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 395 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users