GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Adventure Games on DS and Other Handhelds #678046
12/07/10 12:19 PM
12/07/10 12:19 PM
Midwest
gatsbygirl Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
gatsbygirl  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Midwest
I have been loving my DS XL and am pleased that more and more adventure games are being released for it. It seems to me that the popularity of the DS and some of the other devices has been increasing in popularity. Or maybe the popularity of these devices isn't increasing but I am noticing it more since I have started playing games on a DS, too. I have noticed that a lot more adventure games have come out in the last two years.

Has there ever been any discussion about having a forum on GameBoomers for portable devices? I love having the various sections, Hints, Glitches, Discussion, Casual, etc. and just wondered about hand held games.

Last edited by gatsbygirl; 12/07/10 03:53 PM. Reason: typo
Re: Adventure Games on DS and Other Handhelds [Re: gatsbygirl] #678057
12/07/10 12:49 PM
12/07/10 12:49 PM
Manchester
R
ritchiesbabe Offline
Settled Boomer
ritchiesbabe  Offline
Settled Boomer
R

Manchester
I've thought there should be another forum for ds games as there's quite a few adventure games that are only out on ds.

"Life's a game. It's meant to be played."
Re: Adventure Games on DS and Other Handhelds [Re: ritchiesbabe] #678802
12/09/10 04:50 PM
12/09/10 04:50 PM
NewMexico, USA, Navajo Reserva...
NMgameguy Offline
Settled Boomer
NMgameguy  Offline
Settled Boomer

NewMexico, USA, Navajo Reserva...
I've had a DS for a few years, since they first appeard. I still have the orignal large clamshell DS, still rather new. I've played a few adventure games, but for me, there doesnt seem to be that much. Some are just the PC versions released for the DS and of late, tons of those hidden object games.

I never did play Secert Files for the PC, thinking of getting that for my DS, reviews have been good for it.

Would love to see what sort of game Jonathan Boakes would make if he had a chance for the DS

Last edited by NMgameguy; 12/09/10 04:53 PM.
Re: Adventure Games on DS and Other Handhelds [Re: NMgameguy] #678805
12/09/10 05:14 PM
12/09/10 05:14 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
gatsbygirl, it is hard to keep up with all the releases on DS, Ipad, Itunes, XBox360 etc. If you find a great adventure and wish to share your experience, you are more than welcome to, but we will not be adding these to our coverage at this time.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Adventure Games on DS and Other Handhelds [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #678966
12/10/10 03:33 AM
12/10/10 03:33 AM
stoke on trent England
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer
dragonuk44  Offline
Addicted Boomer

stoke on trent England
We see games for all consoles sold or traded .I myself have DS games to sell or trade and I have seen x box games for sale to here .If you want to keep up with all that is comming out for all consoles we need some one with loads of time on there hands wave broccoli catrub

s wheeldon
Re: Adventure Games on DS and Other Handhelds [Re: dragonuk44] #679043
12/10/10 10:25 AM
12/10/10 10:25 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
dragon, as I said, you can post about them here, you can trade them here, but we (the staff at GameBoomers) will not be keeping up with the tracking of or announcements of such games.

Ana

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Adventure Games on DS and Other Handhelds [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #679052
12/10/10 11:01 AM
12/10/10 11:01 AM
stoke on trent England
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer
dragonuk44  Offline
Addicted Boomer

stoke on trent England
I can understand that as I said it would take a lot of time and extra space I guess wave

s wheeldon
Re: Adventure Games on DS and Other Handhelds [Re: NMgameguy] #679082
12/10/10 12:23 PM
12/10/10 12:23 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: NMgameguy
I've had a DS for a few years, since they first appeard. I still have the orignal large clamshell DS, still rather new. I've played a few adventure games, but for me, there doesnt seem to be that much. Some are just the PC versions released for the DS and of late, tons of those hidden object games.

Same here. I just don't see much in the way of adventure games being for it. Not really worth a separate forum. There may eventually be more for the iPod/iPad but at this point in time there still aren't enough to warrant a separate forum.

Re: Adventure Games on DS and Other Handhelds [Re: NMgameguy] #679337
12/11/10 11:35 AM
12/11/10 11:35 AM
Midwest
gatsbygirl Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
gatsbygirl  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Midwest
NMgameguy,

I agree that there are quite a few hidden object games for the DS. Some I have liked but some had too much HO and not enough story for me. Some of the newer adventure games are repeats of the PC version but they are changed to fit the game play of the DS, so they aren't exactly like the computer versions. Sometimes the DS version comes out much later than the PC version so even if I have played it on the computer, I have forgotten things and the game is still fun.

Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars is a good game and I have read about a game called 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors that a lot of people seem to like. I have Secret Files for the DS but haven't played it yet. The only bad thing (for me) about playing these games on the DS is that it is harder to find hints and I always need a lot of help!

As far as a separate forum goes, I was just wondering if it had ever been considered but I didn't take into account games for the ipad, iphone, etc. It would be hard to cover all of those platforms. I am glad that we can post any DS questions we have here, and in the past I have received suggestions and help from other GameBoomers with DS games. That has been very nice.

Re: Adventure Games on DS and Other Handhelds [Re: gatsbygirl] #679483
12/11/10 10:36 PM
12/11/10 10:36 PM
Central Islip NY
thracia Offline
Addicted Boomer
thracia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Islip NY
gatsbygirl,there was an ongoing thread a few months ago, where ds players were keeping each other abreast of new adventure games as they came out. You could try to search for it. It did just kinda peeter out a while back.

thracia

Last edited by thracia; 12/11/10 10:37 PM.

~Didi~
There will come a point in your life, when you realize what really matters, what never did, and what always will.
Unknown
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 468 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users