GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Clandestiny for the MAC and iPad, hopefully for PC later. #702211
02/26/11 02:35 PM
02/26/11 02:35 PM
Great Lakes Region
mrbill Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
mrbill  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Great Lakes Region
I don't know if this has already been discussed here before or not, but I have not seen it before.

First of all I was sent an email from Game-Newswire about a former member of Trilobyte, Graeme Devine, who has apparently made Clandestiny available for the MAC and later it will be released for the iPad. I wrote him to see if he would also port it to the PC. His response was that it was a great idea, but not until it has first been made available for both the MAC and iPad.

Here is the email I received.

"Gaming Veteran Graeme Devine Launches Clandestiny on Mac App Store

Family Orientated Puzzle Adventure Game Brings High-Quality Animated Story and Fun Puzzles to Mac Owners Everywhere

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - January 10, 2011 - Clandestiny, a family orientated puzzle adventure game, was launched today by GRL Games, the company long time industry veteran Graeme Devine founded after leaving Apple late last year. Clandestiny combines classic adventure, animated story and fun puzzles to deliver an experience that Mac owners will love. A new video is available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJBa_6E4DmE

Devine is known for being the co-creator and programmer of the groundbreaking CD-ROM title The 7th Guest/11th Hour, and being the lead designer on id software’s Quake III and Microsoft’s Halo Wars. He left his position at Apple to form a company dedicated to making the best game titles on the iOS and Mac desktop platforms.

“Clandestiny is the perfect puzzle game for a family to sit down and play together,” says Graeme Devine. “I always felt Clandestiny was the best game we made and we never really gave it a fair shake because we tried to publish it ourselves, these days the Mac App Store makes that actually possible!”

There are over 40 minutes of animated story to go with the over 30 puzzles in Clandestiny. Join Andrew and Paula on this spooky adventure as you experience the castle's eerie rooms and hidden passageways, and encounter the angst-ridden ghosts of the family MacPhiles. Solve "wee" rascally riddles and persnickety puzzles to learn the fate of this dimwitted clan!

Three levels of difficulty pose a challenge to novices and experienced gamers alike. The enchanting story by renowned author Jahanna N. Malcolm makes the journey worth taking.

Clandestiny was originally released by Devine when he was at Trilobyte in 1996 as the company’s third title, following The 7th Guest and 11th Hour. The game has been rewritten from scratch for the Mac, with new tougher AI for the puzzles, new navigation and brighter environments.

About GRL Games
GRL Games was founded in December 2010 by industry veteran Graeme Devine. Devine has served in lead creative roles on products for Apple, Microsoft, Ensemble Studios, id Software and Trilobyte. For more information, please visit GRL Games

Re: Clandestiny for the MAC and iPad [Re: mrbill] #702215
02/26/11 02:43 PM
02/26/11 02:43 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks, Mr. Bill.

This is exciting for MAC users.
I played the '96 Clandestiny.
I wonder if they will make a PC version of it.

Re: Clandestiny for the MAC and iPad [Re: MaG] #702218
02/26/11 02:51 PM
02/26/11 02:51 PM
Great Lakes Region
mrbill Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
mrbill  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Great Lakes Region
Hi MaG,

He told me that porting it to the PC was a great idea, but wants to make it available for the iPad first (they are working on the iPad version now).

Bill

Re: Clandestiny for the MAC and iPad [Re: mrbill] #702252
02/26/11 04:08 PM
02/26/11 04:08 PM
Southern Exposure
lexxy Offline
Addicted Boomer
lexxy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Southern Exposure
Would you believe that I still have the '96 version complete in the big retail box...loved that game.

carol
It doesn't cost a dime to be kind
----------------------------
Currently playing The Moment Of Silence
Re: Clandestiny for the MAC and iPad [Re: lexxy] #702272
02/26/11 04:58 PM
02/26/11 04:58 PM
Berkeley, CA
O
orchgamer Offline
Settled Boomer
orchgamer  Offline
Settled Boomer
O

Berkeley, CA
They also have The 7th Guest for the Ipad and iphone by the same company. Hope they will do the same with the 11th Hour.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (curly, oldbroad), 355 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users