GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Lozza's AGON #738706
07/11/11 03:10 PM
07/11/11 03:10 PM
UK
Rushes Offline OP
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline OP
True Blue Boomer

UK
***** Lozza posted:

Hello there,

I do so hope you can help me! You are my last resort.
I do so hate to leave a game unfinished.
I have been enjoying the AGON games and have successfully finished the "London" episode, and the Lapland part of the second/third, I have even finished the fourth and latest, "sword of Toledo". You know what I am going to say I know, I am in the forest in Madagascar and because I have hearing difficulties I cannot get past the blooming lemur. I have tried all that has been suggested including a head set, but to no avail. I have been sent "saves" to use to get through the forest FOUR times I am led to believe, but they did not download properly. Probably my ineptitude, but never the less useless. Can you help me please is there any way I can get through the jungle without using the flipping lemur? Or even a way to skip it, as I am also led to believe the game is random so no way to map or count it?
As I say you are my last hope.

I wait in anticipation

Windlepoons.

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Rushes] #738709
07/11/11 03:17 PM
07/11/11 03:17 PM
UK
Rushes Offline OP
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline OP
True Blue Boomer

UK
Lozza, unfortunately there's no way to skip this part -- as you have to traverse the forest several times during the course of the chapter. Are you able to hear the lemur cry at all, or nothing?

The game developer and fellow GameBoomer, Pilaus, posted this advice in an older thread:

Turn in each node (step) to all directions and wait for the lemur cry. If you can't make it out where it comes from you just need to decide which is the loudest. If you are not sure just turn again a little and listen. Then back - and listen again. This way you could be able to figure out which is the really loudest sound and there you need to step forward.
This way it should be about 10-15 steps to get through the forest.
You can even make one or two mistakes and still be able to make it. After three wrong steps you loose him and get back to the village or to the grave.

It may be that we have to somehow get you through the save installation process instead. Do you still have the save files that were sent to you somewhere on your computer?

Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Rushes] #738972
07/12/11 03:22 PM
07/12/11 03:22 PM
Hungary
Pilaus Offline
Settled Boomer
Pilaus  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hungary
I can send or upload those save files if needed.
If it is an XP and the Big Fish version (which I think it is), the directory where they should be installed is this one/or equivalent:

c:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Private Moon Studios\AGON_Bfg\Save\slots\(agon_01.sav... etc)

Rushes, it would be a great thing if you or someone could provide an easy-to-follow guidance to install these for XP and Win7. The developer's instructions may be too 'professional' for those who have not done this before.

Lozza is not alone with this problem, there are other people too who could profit from such help.

Since the puzzle is random, there is no other way indeed. With special attention to people with impaired hearing, the game designer intends to add a little visual hint to this part, but it will take quite some time.

' I am in search of the AGON '
Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Pilaus] #738980
07/12/11 03:51 PM
07/12/11 03:51 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Pilaus,

Thank you for the concern but we do have the step by step stated in different ways on the stickied thread at start of the Hints forum.

It might be best if you do the same thing in your own website.

Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: MaG] #738994
07/12/11 04:14 PM
07/12/11 04:14 PM
Hungary
Pilaus Offline
Settled Boomer
Pilaus  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hungary
MaG, thanks!
This is excellent! I wasn't aware of this topic. But I knew you could help:)
Hopefully this will work for Lozza too.

rah

Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Lozza] #739389
07/14/11 06:32 AM
07/14/11 06:32 AM
Enland
Lozza Offline
Settled Boomer
Lozza  Offline
Settled Boomer

Enland
Hello
I do indeed still have the saves sent to me. It was very helpful of the person who took the time to send them to me. It includes all four times you have to use the lemur to get through the forest. As I said although he said they were fine for XP myself nor my son could get the information to go to the save part of the game as he suggested. So for me not useable. Would you like me to send you a copy as I am sure if it can be done you will make it so! The visual aids sound wonderful shame they going to take a while. Oh by the way I do have some hearing and although I can hear the differing sounds, and think I have it right I find myself back at the guard or at the grave as you say. It lets you make three mistakes I believe.

---------------

Oh by the way I think that the information I received is almost the same as the one above. I will still send it if you want. I wonder if I am am maybe not playing the puzzle properly as I listen for the loudest sound and click on it? I lose it sometimes but it comes back or as I say I go to the two "back to the beginning" destinations. I look in three directions sort of east west and south although I can hear the lemur all the way round if I look! It is very frustrating and I guess when you do all fourteen of the AGON games promised, you can't finish as you do not have all the pieces the prof is collecting.

Last edited by Rushes; 07/14/11 06:47 AM. Reason: combined stacked posts

Nothing is forever
Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Lozza] #739509
07/14/11 03:55 PM
07/14/11 03:55 PM
Hungary
Pilaus Offline
Settled Boomer
Pilaus  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hungary
The most important question: can you tell where is the loudest sound? If yes, you will be able to do the puzzle!

Probably this helps:

First of all, have you given the berries to the lemur? If not, you will only hear jungle voices. The lemur's cry (or rather "laugh") is very specific.

If that's done, after one or two moves test what you can hear:

Press and hold down the left mouse button and keep turning around yourself clockwise, doing a full circle.
The lemur will keep crying louder and weaker as you turn, and you will see the cursor becoming an arrow at certain points - but don't click yet!

Keep turning and try to memorize what you see where you think the cry is strongest. You can release the mouse button (no clicking yet!) at any point and wait there listening as long as you want. The lemur will keep crying.

After making 2-3 full circles you might be able to tell which is the right direction.
If you found it, position yourself so as to see an arrow and now click!

Indeed, you can make 2-3 wrong moves in every node.

Good luck, and if this doesn't work, the saves should save you from that jungle...

Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Pilaus] #739645
07/15/11 11:19 AM
07/15/11 11:19 AM
Enland
Lozza Offline
Settled Boomer
Lozza  Offline
Settled Boomer

Enland
Thanks I will try what you have suggested. I have a game forum hint that told me the lemur is never behind you! I will try the full circle and get back to you. I did say that although the saves were sent I cannot get them to download so that they appear on the save section of my game. But I may not need it eh? Now what did I do with my head set?
Thanks for your help and will let you know how I fair.

Nothing is forever
Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Lozza] #739859
07/16/11 11:06 AM
07/16/11 11:06 AM
Enland
Lozza Offline
Settled Boomer
Lozza  Offline
Settled Boomer

Enland
Well I have tried several times but although I can differentiate the sound change when the lemur call is very faint, all the louder sounds seem the same to my duff ears! I did as suggested and did full circle very slowly, going back several times to check which I thought was the loudest, but I of course failed each time. Could you perhaps help me to get the sent saves to go to the save section of my game where I believe I can use them as a saved game thingy? Or have you by any chance got a "thicko user" version you could send me?

Nothing is forever
Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Lozza] #739877
07/16/11 11:47 AM
07/16/11 11:47 AM
UK
Rushes Offline OP
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline OP
True Blue Boomer

UK
Here is a step-by-step for installing the saved game:

For XP the save folder is here:
c:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Private Moon Studios\AGON_Bfg\Save\slots\(agon_01.sav... etc)

-- Download the saved game to desktop.
-- Go into My Computer, and open up the save games folder following the path above.
-- Check the last number in the list of files.
-- Renumber the downloaded saved game sent to be the last number there.
-- Place the renumbered file with the rest in the savegames folder.
-- Close all folders.
-- Play-load as usual.

Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Rushes] #739884
07/16/11 12:38 PM
07/16/11 12:38 PM
Hungary
Pilaus Offline
Settled Boomer
Pilaus  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hungary
Lozza, you have 4 saves so maybe you should just start with the first one (agon_01.sav) and do the rest one-by-one as needed. It is easier to manage this way.
There are only 8 saving slots in Agon so you cannot give it a higher number than agon_08.sav.

Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Pilaus] #739995
07/17/11 07:00 AM
07/17/11 07:00 AM
Enland
Lozza Offline
Settled Boomer
Lozza  Offline
Settled Boomer

Enland
Hey thanks guys! I will get my son to do this for me ASAP! By the way my son has his own answer to the whole prob. A rifle and a flamethrower. He says the rifle is for the lemur and the flamethrower for to clear the forest! Ha ha. Or he said on refection a more humane way would be a helicopter! I apolgise for him but I HAVE been driving the poor man nuts with this thing. Will let you know how i get on thank you both very much.

Nothing is forever
Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Lozza] #739996
07/17/11 07:01 AM
07/17/11 07:01 AM
UK
Rushes Offline OP
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline OP
True Blue Boomer

UK
luck Lozza! Keep us posted. Hope you are able to enjoy the rest of the game now.

Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Rushes] #741270
07/22/11 11:04 AM
07/22/11 11:04 AM
Enland
Lozza Offline
Settled Boomer
Lozza  Offline
Settled Boomer

Enland
Hello it is me again, sorry!
My son finally got around to following your instructions on the lemur saves but says the files/folders say they are protected and will not let him alter anything! Has he done it correctly, He does not profess to be a computer whiz, but is better than I. My son says all my BFG games have some sort of tamper proof gizmo on them. Has BFG put a protection of some kind on their games? If so is there a way to remove them if only temporarily? Your further help with this problem would be so much appreciated. Really want to finish this game. Oh by the way downloaded Sherlock against Jack the ripper from you and have played that as I waited for my son. I really enjoyed it and I have now got all the series so far I think. Unless you know different?

Nothing is forever
Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Lozza] #741276
07/22/11 11:18 AM
07/22/11 11:18 AM
UK
Rushes Offline OP
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline OP
True Blue Boomer

UK
Hi Lozza,

Is your son trying to open the save files? He need not do that -- their format will not be recognised. The files just need to be renumbered (as Pilaus says above) and then moved into the game folder along with all your other saves for the game. Then exit all folders, start up the game as usual, and load the new save. Or is the save folder itself locked?

SH vs Jack the Ripper is a fantastic game, I'm glad you enjoyed it! That is the most recent released game in the Frogwares series (there are five to date). The sixth, The Testament of, is still being worked on, and due out at the end of this year. smile

Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Rushes] #741283
07/22/11 11:39 AM
07/22/11 11:39 AM
Enland
Lozza Offline
Settled Boomer
Lozza  Offline
Settled Boomer

Enland
He says the folder it's self is locked.

I look forward to the new Sherlock and will be getting that too. Great games all of them. Just found out not a complete set yet! I am missing, and have not found, the case of the rose tattoo, any ideas?

Nothing is forever
Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Lozza] #741294
07/22/11 11:58 AM
07/22/11 11:58 AM
UK
Rushes Offline OP
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline OP
True Blue Boomer

UK
It sounds as though the security on your computer is locking the folder, rather than it being directly a BigFish issue. smile It might be worth posing the question over at our Glitches forum for advice -- or wait and see if anyone here in this thread knows of a quick fix. It might be something as simple as tweaking your anti-virus settings.

The Case of the Rose Tattoo is an oldie. You'd be best looking for a secondhand game through eBay, or the Trading Post forum here at GB. Also check that it would be compatible with your current operating system -- older games can be tricky to get running sometimes. luck

Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Rushes] #741333
07/22/11 01:56 PM
07/22/11 01:56 PM
Enland
Lozza Offline
Settled Boomer
Lozza  Offline
Settled Boomer

Enland
okay thanks so very much. I will keep a look out.

Nothing is forever
Re: Lozza's AGON [Re: Rushes] #741349
07/22/11 02:45 PM
07/22/11 02:45 PM
Hungary
Pilaus Offline
Settled Boomer
Pilaus  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hungary
Lozza,
It should be possible to overwrite or add files to the save/slots folder, as this actually happens while you play the game and save it in positions already used. But if in My Computer you right-click the save file name or the folder name and choose Properties, in general settings you can check the attributes. If write-protection is on, deselect it.
Are there any agon_.sav files in the save/slots folder at all?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (judith, Darlene, sureshot), 539 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users