GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Questions about Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle In-Game References #799904
04/03/12 01:01 AM
04/03/12 01:01 AM
P
Phyllo Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Phyllo  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
P

I finished playing Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle, and there were a few things I was unsure of. This post has spoilers. Read at your own risk.
Click to reveal..
At the inn on Crab Island, there's a poster that says Employee of the Month and there's a picture of Mr. Krabs from the TV show Spongebob Squarepants on it. Are the developers Spongebob fans? Also in front of Briscoe's house, there's a statue of Totoro from the movie My Neighbor Totoro. Are the developers fans of the Studio Ghibli movies? In Briscoe's house there's a picture of the Briscoe family. When I observe it, Morgane says, "If Briscoe had been born first, it would have been called the Addams family." What did she mean by that? I know The Addams Family used to be a TV show, but I never watched it. At the Voodoo Village there's a shaman named Chem'in who's in a trance. When I snap him out of it, he says, "The blonde will be our saviour." Is he referring to Sunny Blonde from the game So Blonde? I never played that game so I'm not sure if it's a reference or not. There's a shirt in Governor Drake's house that says I Love LA. Does that mean I love Los Angeles or does it mean I love Lake Atabay? Does Hollow Island (Atabay Island) have a lake?

Last edited by Phyllo; 04/03/12 01:04 AM. Reason: Used Strikethrough instead of Spoiler tags
Re: Questions about Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle In-Game References [Re: Phyllo] #799936
04/03/12 07:05 AM
04/03/12 07:05 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
These look very interesting! I'm trying not to read them too closely because I'm just at the beginning of the game.

What did you think of the game overall?

Re: Questions about Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle In-Game References [Re: Phyllo] #799951
04/03/12 08:15 AM
04/03/12 08:15 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
welcome to GameBoomers Phyllo! I haven't started playing yet, just wanted to welcome you.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Questions about Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle In-Game References [Re: Phyllo] #799954
04/03/12 08:30 AM
04/03/12 08:30 AM
Land of Hamlet
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer
misslilo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Land of Hamlet
It's quite a lovely game and I loved it. smile

The story and puzzles fits nicely together - the interface lacks a little in my book, but overall YES!

"You can not escape your past, but you can make your future" - Diana Melkumova - @wowdane
Re: Questions about Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle In-Game References [Re: misslilo] #800086
04/03/12 05:43 PM
04/03/12 05:43 PM
P
Phyllo Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Phyllo  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
P

Thanks Ana. Becky, I have the same opinion as misslilo. The interface didn't bother me that much, but I found myself right clicking a lot. I wasn't trying to access the inventory. I just got kind of used to left clicking on people to talk to them and right clicking to observe them. Same thing with objects, left click to pick up and right click to observe. There might have been a few games I've played with an interface like that, but I can't remember them. When I finished playing this game, I was wondering if there would be a sequel. Here is why, but before you continue reading, I must warn you that there are spoilers. Proceed at your own risk.
Click to reveal..
At the end of the game Hilary Simpkins says that the Castillos would feel his wrath. I would like to see what he has in mind. Also, I would like to see what happens between Bobby and Nelly. I'm also interested in what happened to Thomas Briscoe and Elizabeth. He wanted to retire on Turtle Island with her. After the game was over, I was thinking that he might have changed his mind because the Castillos left Hilary Simkins on Turtle Island. Also, I would like to know what happened to Sonia Bond. She seemed to be glued to the docks on Crab Island while waiting for a friend of hers to show up. She didn't want to take her boots off and run around barefoot like a street urchin. Maybe she might have stayed put and died after a while, or maybe her father came looking for her and talked some sense into her. She wasn't the brightest person.

I'm going to play So Blonde next since this game is a spin-off.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lex, curly), 396 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users