GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The 5 Cores - special functions #837827
09/24/12 01:57 AM
09/24/12 01:57 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Greetings all,

I have been enjoying this very Myst-like new game. Many thanks to Bert Jamin for his ongoing Walkthrough development (incomplete).

http://www.gamesover.com/The%20Five%20Cores/The%20Five%20Cores%20walkthrough.htm

I discovered today that there is a special Admin mode that allows you to execute a number of special functions. Today I spent a little time on one of them called the "FLY Mode".

With FLY mode enabled you can fly through the 5 Cores 3-D world. You can fly to the outlying rock formations and see this cool place like you can't from the ground.

To activate the admin mode, you simply press the TAB key in the game, and a text entry line appears at the bottom of the screen. Type "fly" and <enter> to get a confirmation that you are feeling "lighter". Then use the arrow keys as you would to walk; just aim the mouse up to move up, or down to move down.

You still have the boundries you might expect (can't fly through walls or through the ground, and you have some boundries that prevent you from moving to certain areas), but if you experiment you'll find there are ways around the invisible boundaries by flying higher to go over them or around them.

You can move back to the ground and then activate the admin mode again to type "walk" to get back to the normal mode.

I don't know enough about the game and its workings to know if this is safe yet, but it sure is fun.

The details of other functions that are available in admin mode are summarized here:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ExecFunctions.html

Have fun!

Dadguy

Re: The 5 Cores - special functions [Re: dadguy] #837848
09/24/12 05:26 AM
09/24/12 05:26 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Dadguy some day I hope to get this game and will keep your post to give it a try! You are the best!
Thank you.

Gerry
Re: The 5 Cores - special functions [Re: dadguy] #838135
09/25/12 01:12 PM
09/25/12 01:12 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Experimenting, I also found the "ghost" command to be very cool. It allows you to walk or fly through walls (barriers).

Dadguy

Re: The 5 Cores - special functions [Re: dadguy] #838284
09/26/12 04:50 AM
09/26/12 04:50 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Sounds like fun Dadguy!

Gerry
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Fogfighter, 1 invisible), 439 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users