GB HOMEPAGE

sherlock holmes the awakened

Posted By: jean1

sherlock holmes the awakened - 10/08/07 02:58 AM

i am having trouble with sherlock holmes the awakened. when you are in the temple and sherlock holmes is speaking of the clothing and piece of advertisment , he doesnot say anything about the finger print and when you are checking the left hand, you checkthe needle hole but theres nothing said. i can not go any further . thanks , jeanh
Posted By: MaG

Re: sherlock holmes the awakened - 10/08/07 04:01 AM

welcome jean,

That's okay, as long as he saw the needle hole on the finger.
If you have any other questions about this game, post on this thread.
Be sure to check all the active spots in that room and in the body. Look close at all the items that you picked up.
luck

Re: The Awakened - 10/08/07 03:15 PM

im also in temple and have done every thing and canot get back to holmes place . i have a walkthrough to follow thanks jean1

Re: The Awakened - 10/08/07 03:47 PM

jean,

Please stay with your original thread. It helps us follow your gameplay and see the help given. You can find your postings in your My Profile found at My Place. Thanks for your cooperation.

As for the Temple part of the game, you have to click on all active spots, check all the items in your inventory and look close at them or the game will not proceed. This will also be true at a later part of the game at the mansion.

So go around again click on the walls, the floors, take all items available, check all those items in inventory, read the documents. Then click on the base of the altar. Keep us posted. luck

Re: The Awakened - 10/09/07 05:17 PM

i'm still stuck in the temple. i checked all the walls at the drawings,beds. ive checked the pelican thing- picked up the coal. checked the black mark on the floor-checked the cloths- got the advertisment. i found about the finger print from portfolio.. i checked the work bench and collected things then i went up the stairs to the body.watson said somthing abouthe horrors..i checked the neck- the right hand and the eye thing went away. i checked the left hand-looked at the punctures but nothing was said. i then picked up the statue - made copy with paper and coal. jean

Re: The Awakened - 10/09/07 05:23 PM

i,m sorry to be a pain but realy would love to finish this game .jean
Posted By: texaslady

Re: The Awakened - 10/09/07 05:37 PM

Did you look at things in your inventory that you've grabbed in this area? Did you check and see the powder residue on the work table to the left of the altar?
Did you click on a pitcher on the side table to see what was in it?

Sue

Re: The Awakened - 10/09/07 05:39 PM

yes i did jean

Re: The Awakened - 10/09/07 05:45 PM

Jean I'm sorry but my best suggestion is to repeat every step that you've done here in this area against the walkthrough. That's the only way you will know that you have literally looked/taken everything you need.

Sue
Posted By: Lisa T

Re: The Awakened - 10/10/07 12:10 AM

Hi
I have the hook in the broken screen window and I have been trying to get a hot spot for a very long time. Any suggestions?
(behind holmes,or to Left or Right??)
Thanks

Re: The Awakened - 10/10/07 12:13 AM

Lisa I just swung the hook back and forth until it finally latched on and lifted the bar. Sorry, I know that is not much help.

Sue

Re: The Awakened - 10/10/07 01:20 AM

My hook is stuck up in the window, he just keeps saying he is fishing when I put my curser on the rope. Is there a way to get the hook back?
Thanks

Re: The Awakened - 10/10/07 01:33 AM

Lisa,

Did you get Watson to look at the inside of that building where the hook was thrown? He should clean a window at the side of the building.
He should see where that hook is located and that is how you do the puzzle.

Re: The Awakened - 10/10/07 02:11 AM

Thank you, I'll give it a try

-------
MaG,
Thank you for your help,what would we boomers do without you!

Re: The Awakened - 10/10/07 02:57 AM

That's great that you got through. Enjoy this wonderful game. I really liked it.

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/10/07 07:14 PM

hi there. ive been to see champagne to get a boat-gave him the bottle of champagne and he gave me the planks and the lantern.i then went back to french quarters.in the walkthrough it says to type raccoon in as either Raccoon or raccoon but on my keyboard it will only type capital letters what is the matter ? thanks, jean

Edit:

I forgot to tell y ou capitals was not expected. thanks, jean

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/10/07 07:27 PM

Jean I assume you mean that the word raccoon was not accepted? See if your caps lock key is on please. It should take the word without difficulty. What happened after you clicked on enter? Check your spelling of the word also please.
Please don't stack posts, use the edit button instead.
Thank you

Sue

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/10/07 10:24 PM

sorry texaslady! i'm new at this and 70. my cap locks are working off and on when i'm off the game but when i'm on the game it only types capital letters and holmes won't accept it. thanks jean

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/10/07 10:50 PM

Hi Jean,

Please double check that your keyboard is secure where it is connected to your computer.
Also be sure that when you type in raccoon or racoon that you press the enter key after doing so.
Try also typing the word after you press once the Caps lock. Then try again if it failed to press it twice before typing the word. Keep us posted.

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 08:29 AM

i'm still having trouble with my key board inthe quiz at the arneson house. i can not type any thing other than capital letters. i figure if i want to finish this game ,i'll need a saved game and then i'm not sure what to do with it.. HELP! thanks , jean

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 10:03 AM

What did you have to do to get the raccoon part accepted Jean?

Sue

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 10:47 AM

hi . it was never accepted, texaslady i'm sorry to say. jean

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 10:56 AM

Jean is your game patched?

Sue

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 03:20 PM

i' tried to down load a patch . it did not seem to do any good.jean

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 03:34 PM

Okay, let's backtrack a bit please. You managed to trigger the quiz where you needed the word raccoon to be entered correct? And you've managed to trigger a second quiz without solving the first one?

Sue

Did you have any problem answering the quiz when you were at Baker St. still?

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 04:32 PM

i had no trouble with baker street quiz. i did trigger the quiz at arenson house. i even went back and checked to see if i failed some where along the way. jean

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 05:18 PM

Jean I don't understand why you are having trouble with the raccoon quiz. Have you seen a raccoon outside yet? Have you seen his little paw prints? Did you read about raccoons in one of the books?

Sue

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 05:32 PM

texaslady, i saw the raccoon and the paw prints and read in the book . jean

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 06:05 PM

Just to verify, you've done other quizzes and got through them.
You can not get racoon or raccoon accepted by the game.
Does Holmes say that it is wrong or that you still have the quiz in front of you?
Did you press the 'enter' key after typing the answer?

--------
Have you read the book that mentions what the raccon does - like staaling stuff? Please go back to the bedroom and read the book.
Then see if the quiz can be done.

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 06:34 PM

MaG, I reread the book and it diddn't do a bit of good. I guess i'm going to have to give up on this game. I realy like this game very much tho.Its making me a nerveous reck. thanks any way for your trying to help. jean

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 06:37 PM

Jean the evidence gathering in this game is terribly picky. You've probably missed some small clue that is stopping you from being able to advance.
If you have a saved game not too far back, please use it and see if you can't figure out what has been missed so you can solve this puzzle.

Sue

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 06:40 PM

I also sent you a saved game when you have the ladder to get to the raccoon.

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 07:22 PM

thanks MaG. I hope i can figure out how to find it.---alot about the computer is unknown to me. thanks jean

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 07:47 PM

This is the DVD saved game and it is patched. Maybe your game is already patched.

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 09:25 PM

MaG, My husband and i are both trying to pull c: program file \focus \frogwares\ the awakened up.To tell you the truth, were kind of new at computers.I know i need to take a class. Can you imform me where c:program file\focus\frogwares\ the awakened \ saved folder is. Thanks so much. jean

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 10/11/07 09:30 PM

Jean minimize anything you have going on right now. Go to Start and whatever drive you are using and then My Computer, that should lead you to where you need to be.

Sue

Re: The Awakened - 10/13/07 05:06 AM

Hi MaG, i found what was wrong in my game.i mispelled racoon. i'm very, very happy. thanks so much for trying to help me. jean

Re: The Awakened - 10/13/07 11:16 AM

We're glad you didn't quit playing the game Jean and really glad that you found out why you couldn't solve this quiz.
Enjoy your game

Sue

Re: The Awakened - 10/13/07 09:52 PM

texaslady. i finished the game and it was great. see you. jean

Re: The Awakened - 10/13/07 09:58 PM

Congratulations Jean!

Sue
© 2024 GameBoomers Community